Where have The " regulars" Gone....DaiB....Selbourne....Andy...etc.

janny444

2 hours ago, Mysticalmother said:

I guess I am one of those. Although probably not one who is witty and fun!  ...but haven’t been around on here for a while... I first started posting 10 years ago now, and used to contribute a lot . I got the huff a few years ago when I was trying to encourage people to join in on a roll call... but the powers that be wouldn’t allow me to post on a main thread...kept saying I had to post on the actual roll call..which was devoid of members! . I confess I tend to use that  “other social media channel which one mustn’t mention on here” more these days. Must have a talk to myself as it’s far more civilised ( usually) on here! 
Dai B is alive and kicking... apologies if he has already said so...I haven’t read through all 18 pages of this thread! 

Nice to see you back here.

Graham.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2020 at 5:47 PM, Adawn47 said:

I would like to add my thanks to both you and Pete for stepping up to help find a vaccine to combat this terrible virus. It's a brave thing to do and I for one am thankful that there are people like you are willing to help. Keep posting when you can, so we know that everything is okay.  Thankyou both again💕

Avril

Back from vaccine test and I have to say it was even pleasurable. Everything ran like a well oiled machine and staff were both efficient and friendly. I am either on the way to being immune from Covid (provided it works) or just have an arm full of saline placebo. Follow up appointment on Friday 13th which I am sure is really just like any other day 🤔

• Like 12

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Back from vaccine test and I have to say it was even pleasurable. Everything ran like a well oiled machine and staff were both efficient and friendly. I am either on the way to being immune from Covid (provided it works) or just have an arm full of saline placebo. Follow up appointment on Friday 13th which I am sure is really just like any other day 🤔

I'm glad everything went well , and thank you. I read on line that the Oxford vaccine is shown to work on the immune system as planned so it's another step in the right direction🤞

By the way, Friday the 13th is just another day.😉

Avril

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Glad it went well, I felt that it really is like being on a conveyor belt going seamlessly from one stage to the next.  All of the staff that I came into contact were wonderful.  Friday 13th  is only a problem if you are superstitious.

One thing I thought about this morning was what happens if the UK government decided to roll out a vaccine, do they end the trials ?  If they don't end the trials then we won't get the vaccine and won't know whether or not we have some immunity, I will ask the question at my next appointment.      🤔🤔

• Like 4

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Thank you for that. I hope you had the real stuff and it works. Friday 13th is just like any other day, unless you are a Knights Templar.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Glad it went well, I felt that it really is like being on a conveyor belt going seamlessly from one stage to the next.  All of the staff that I came into contact were wonderful.  Friday 13th  is only a problem if you are superstitious.

One thing I thought about this morning was what happens if the UK government decided to roll out a vaccine, do they end the trials ?  If they don't end the trials then we won't get the vaccine and won't know whether or not we have some immunity, I will ask the question at my next appointment.      🤔🤔

Is your trial definitely for the Oxford vaccine then?

Catch up time...It’s me again! I’ve just spent a happy hour ( no, not one of those sadly!) reading through all 21 pages of this thread.. I’ve loved reading about school dinners ( yes...I remember all those too! ) ..and your music tastes. My claim to fame is that I was at school with Marc Bolan’s cousin...and in fact she and I  live within 20 miles of each other down here in deepest Devon..we were best friends from the age of 6-16..we went to a grammar school in Enfield.

Like others I am very grateful to Josy1953 and Pete for being guinea pigs on the vaccine trials..I know I don’t dare go cruising until a vaccine is found as I’m a bit high risk unfortunately. Having to be very careful.

Anyone on here remember Scriv by any chance? We “met” on here...had a mutual love of red wine! She is alive and kicking and we have now cruised together, and meet up occasionally too. 

I will continue to lurk and chip in...as and when.  😄

• Like 10

7 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Is your trial definitely for the Oxford vaccine then?

No our vaccine is the Novavax vaccine but the government have bought millions of doses of the Oxford, the Novavax and another one so that whichever is approved first they can start to vaccinate the population.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mysticalmother said:

Catch up time...It’s me again! I’ve just spent a happy hour ( no, not one of those sadly!) reading through all 21 pages of this thread.. I’ve loved reading about school dinners ( yes...I remember all those too! ) ..and your music tastes. My claim to fame is that I was at school with Marc Bolan’s cousin...and in fact she and I  live within 20 miles of each other down here in deepest Devon..we were best friends from the age of 6-16..we went to a grammar school in Enfield.

Like others I am very grateful to Josy1953 and Pete for being guinea pigs on the vaccine trials..I know I don’t dare go cruising until a vaccine is found as I’m a bit high risk unfortunately. Having to be very careful.

Anyone on here remember Scriv by any chance? We “met” on here...had a mutual love of red wine! She is alive and kicking and we have now cruised together, and meet up occasionally too. 

Enfield County? If so, I had quite a few friends there, and Enfield (boys) Grammar was a happy hunting ground back in my misspent youth.  I went to Southgate County, as did Gary Brooker's cousin (Procol Harum).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mysticalmother said:

Oh yes, remember Scriv - glad that she is ok 🙂 It is lovely to have you back - good to see the 'old' names appearing again --- and don't mean that in an age way !!!!!!!!!!!

Now how to we get Dai back ??????

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Oh yes, remember Scriv - glad that she is ok 🙂 It is lovely to have you back - good to see the 'old' names appearing again --- and don't mean that in an age way !!!!!!!!!!!

Now how to we get Dai back ??????

Another one conspicuous by his absence is Bobupandown. We used to have some nice chats together before all this cruising upheavel. I hope he and Elaine are still alright. Olibertsmum has just come to mind too.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Another one conspicuous by his absence is Bobupandown. We used to have some nice chats together before all this cruising upheavel. I hope he and Elaine are still alright. Olibertsmum has just come to mind too.

Avril

Oh yes, totally agree - hope they are all well and safe

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 9:18 AM, Harry Peterson said:

And not far from there the pink Rolls Royces of Hutton Mount.......

Hi Harry.

It is a while since you posted and I hope you are well.

A couple of other members have mentioned this also so please let us know all is well.

Graham.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Hi Harry.

It is a while since you posted and I hope you are well.

A couple of other members have mentioned this also so please let us know all is well.

Graham.

Not sure but I seem to remember Harry was waiting for some medical treatment .:classic_unsure:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

No our vaccine is the Novavax vaccine but the government have bought millions of doses of the Oxford, the Novavax and another one so that whichever is approved first they can start to vaccinate the population.

Novavax is a vaccine developed by an American company. It seems to be slightly behind the Oxford one but I am sure they will keep developing it through to licence because first doesn’t necessarily mean best and some may suit some people better than others. There is bound to be a market for any vaccine that is shown to be safe and effective. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Has 'The English Lady' been around lately? 

She lives across the water from me, so always looked out for her posts. 

Andy

Not for a while Andy. I think the last time I remember was when we were all discussing the empty cruise ships  sailing in and out of Southampton.

Avril

• Like 1

I'm an old timer and used to post a lot on the UK and the cruiseline boards especially roll calls but I think that other mega social media forum has taken over for lots of cruisers. I just find people I know use that one including many people who used to be on here  so I keep in touch with them via that.  However if I've got a cruise up and coming I will occasionally post here and I still check the boards once in a blue moon - like tonight!

Does anybody remember the P&O forum on the main P&O site? I loved that and it was free to use when you were onboard so you could set up friends on it to keep in touch when you were away. I made friends on those boards whom I still cruise with. 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, tartanexile81 said:

I'm an old timer and used to post a lot on the UK and the cruiseline boards especially roll calls but I think that other mega social media forum has taken over for lots of cruisers. I just find people I know use that one including many people who used to be on here  so I keep in touch with them via that.  However if I've got a cruise up and coming I will occasionally post here and I still check the boards once in a blue moon - like tonight!

Does anybody remember the P&O forum on the main P&O site? I loved that and it was free to use when you were onboard so you could set up friends on it to keep in touch when you were away. I made friends on those boards whom I still cruise with. 

Hello Tartanexile

Hope you are keeping well .I am disappointed that our January  2021 cruise on Ventura has been cancelled but hope to use information from your blog (from your Ventura cruise)if we sail on Ventura next year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tartanexile81 said:

Well hello there Tartan Exile!  I was going to let you know about this thread on here. We do of course converse frequently on the other social media don’t we ..

I don’t remember the old P & O forum....think it folded shortly before I found cruise critic...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tartanexile81 said:

In a world before mobile phones, I didn’t bother to check my emails for the entire length of the cruise, but I used to like to pop into the Cybercentre when it was quiet, and catch up on the gossip, or read the raging debate on a dress code thread.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1