Pre-cruise night at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice

greatnitz

Going on a cruise with my wife next June and trying to plan a hotel for one night prior to our cruise.  I was looking at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice, which is on the island of Giudecca, simply because I can get the room free via Hilton Honors rewards.   We probably won't get to the hotel till about 5pm the night prior to the cruise, so we won't have a ton of time to explore Venice, but will the next 1.5 days while staying on the cruise ship.   My concern (having never been to Venice and using a water taxi) is transportation from the hotel to the Cruise Port the day of the cruise.   We will have a couple of very large bags that we have to get to the cruise port and am wondering if we should reserve a water taxi or should we be OK grabbing one like a regular taxi?   Also, do the taxi drivers assist with getting the bags on to and off of the boats?   Has anybody had any experiences travelling from this hotel to the Cruise Port?

3 minutes ago, greatnitz said:

Going on a cruise with my wife next June and trying to plan a hotel for one night prior to our cruise.  I was looking at Hilton Molino Stucky Venice, which is on the island of Giudecca, simply because I can get the room free via Hilton Honors rewards.   We probably won't get to the hotel till about 5pm the night prior to the cruise, so we won't have a ton of time to explore Venice, but will the next 1.5 days while staying on the cruise ship.   My concern (having never been to Venice and using a water taxi) is transportation from the hotel to the Cruise Port the day of the cruise.   We will have a couple of very large bags that we have to get to the cruise port and am wondering if we should reserve a water taxi or should we be OK grabbing one like a regular taxi?   Also, do the taxi drivers assist with getting the bags on to and off of the boats?   Has anybody had any experiences travelling from this hotel to the Cruise Port?

Contact the Hotel's Concierge, they will be pleased to assist and answer all your transport questions.

• Thanks 1

The water taxis work great, but are expensive. Perhaps, you could share with someone from your roll call.  

But honestly, having visited Venice multiple times by land and sea, I would go a few days early and really enjoy the city and stay on the main island.   Your jet lag will be greatly reduced.  Roaming Venice is one of life’s great pleasures.  But visiting from the cruise ship can be exhausting,  taking half an hour each way or more to get to the main areas,  by people mover, than canal vaporetto.  

On 10/12/2020 at 12:57 PM, bennybear said:

The water taxis work great, but are expensive. Perhaps, you could share with someone from your roll call.  

But honestly, having visited Venice multiple times by land and sea, I would go a few days early and really enjoy the city and stay on the main island.   Your jet lag will be greatly reduced.  Roaming Venice is one of life’s great pleasures.  But visiting from the cruise ship can be exhausting,  taking half an hour each way or more to get to the main areas,  by people mover, than canal vaporetto.  

Ditto.  Especially if you like to wander about the city at night.

A water taxi  is a nice option but will cost about 70E.   Use your Roll Call to find another couple or 2 to share that cost with you.   The driver will assist with your luggage but you need to get it to the pier.  There is no charge to reserve a water taxi thru the cooperative. https://www.motoscafivenezia.it/en/

The hotel may or may not add a service fee.

Your other options are the Alilaguna or the public water bus/vaporetto.  Neither will assist you with luggage. 

How are you getting to the Hilton from the airport.? A water taxi will be about 110E.  It's a bit of a walk from the airport to the pier, maybe 7-8 minutes, but there are luggage carts available.  Perhaps you could reduce your luggage a bit so that it's not a concern for your transfers?

• 7 months later...

We stayed at the Hilton Milano and it was beautiful, their breakfast was out of this world, so much delicious food!  I think we took a water bus to the ship, not as expensive as a water taxi. 

Edited by somogirl