All Cruises Thru January Waitlisted AND

mrlevin

The point is that no one, including Regent, knows "where, when and what it will be like to cruise in the future" and expecting them to post with answers to these questions is unrealistic.

You have made it clear you no longer have money in the game. That's fine. Your opinion has been noted. I do have money in the game and I am totally comfortable...and that's fine too. Neither is better than the other.

Frankly, it's too bad that people are upset about not knowing but that info is not being withheld from you...no one knows....so wishing for info that doesn't exist is somewhat of a futile exercise. I would bet that, right now, Regent is holding out hope they can sail in December and they are waiting on the CDC update that is coming within the next few days.

Let's wait and see what this new information brings to the discussion.

• Like 1

Because of the language in the current order (pasted below and linked), you would think that we'd have a statement today or tomorrow.  Otherwise, the order would expire under its own terms after October 31.

This Order is in effect until one of the following occurs:

• The expiration of the Secretary of Health and Human Services’ declaration that COVID-19 constitutes a public health emergency,
  • The CDC Director rescinds or modifies the order based on specific public health or other considerations, or
  • October 31, 2020.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/index.html

AIDA put the breaks on in Germany.  Honestly, and I realize the CDC is probably under enormous political pressure, I don't see how they scientifically or medically can lift the order.  Lord knows we're still in a public health emergency in the US (and a lot of other countries).

I'm not even sure cruise lines would welcome a return to sailing - one major outbreak and they're really toast, I think.

Logistically, have the lines executed any of the 74 points in the NCL/RCL healthy panel?  I thought the medical care, especially on line, points would be pretty high hurdles to get signed, sealed and delivered, but maybe they all are?

https://www.foxnews.com/travel/cruise-line-cancels-november-trips

Oh, sorry - this article shows Costa is also amending their schedule - now, supposing the Big 3 are utilizing the European sailings as 'beta tests' to gain data, as well as provide a product to European customers, I'm thinking this might give them some pause?

AIDA's sister line, Costa Cruises, which has also been sailing in Italy and had a cluster of COVID-19 cases emerge on board, does not plan to stop sailing, Frizzell said.

That said, the cruise line issued a schedule update on Wednesday, canceling some upcoming sailings. The adjustments come "considering the limitations still in place in some European countries, and in light of the current epidemiological situation," according to a news release.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2020/10/29/carnival-corp-german-line-aida-cruises-cancels-november-sailings/6069632002/

46 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

What date did I pick in our betting pool....April 10 from Miami to Miami?

I was curious and looked - and based on my quick skim of the new conditional sailing order, and looking at COVID rates, I'm conservatively thinking you're pretty spot on.  If we're fortunate.  

On 5/2/2020 at 12:39 PM, Pcardad said:

April 1, 2021