Philip Herbert moves on

uktog

On 10/26/2020 at 3:18 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

LinkedIn has him down as Hotel Director. What that entails I'm not sure.  You really have to be on the ship I would have thought so more time at home doesn't seem to add up. Unless the contract time will be shorter and that is what he means. 

I did a bit of Googling. Ritz Carlton Yachts are behind schedule and that was even before Covid. And they are over budget. They have one completed ship, Evira, that they hope to start sailing in the Med in April 2021. To me it seems an odd decision to leave a group that you've worked for for so long to something so unknown and not even up and running. Unless Philip knows something we don't. 

Phil 

I've been looking at a Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection cruise in July - unusual Greek isle itinerary. Interested to try them out. Would be great if Philip Herbert was the onboard Hotel Manager! BTW, their ship is named Evrima.

5 hours ago, gnld said:

I've been looking at a Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection cruise in July - unusual Greek isle itinerary. Interested to try them out. Would be great if Philip Herbert was the onboard Hotel Manager! BTW, their ship is named Evrima.

They look very expensive from the pricing I saw at least. A different level to Azamara and I'm sure a very different experience.  They look very high end. I don't think I would want to do one even if I had the money. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden

2 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Just had a look at Ritz Carlton. I expected it would be formal, but actually the dress code is the same as Azamara. That’s appealing. However they are expensive (average of over £5000 for 7 days in the Mediterranean in the lowest cabin (all cabins have a verandah).

The pricing and using the Ritz Carlton brand name will have an affect on the demographic for sure. Not my thing at all. I know my place!

Phil 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

The pricing and using the Ritz Carlton brand name will have an affect on the demographic for sure. Not my thing at all. I know my place!

Phil 

Nor mine, Phil.  Too hoity toity for us.  It was bad enough on a Cunard cruise when we were at dinner the first evening people were discussing the size of their walk-in freezers!!  

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...