Jan 2022 Explorer cancelled and replaced with Radiance

@Ourusualbeach  question if I may:

Any idea what a "promenade view" room will be switched to on the Radiance? Have you come across this yet? 

I know they say "similar room or category" but I believe that probably means the same as "similar itinerary"..... and we know how that turns out......

Also, the poster above me is looking for you ^^^^^^^ *cue ominous music*

5 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

@Ourusualbeach  question if I may:

Any idea what a "promenade view" room will be switched to on the Radiance? Have you come across this yet? 

I know they say "similar room or category" but I believe that probably means the same as "similar itinerary"..... and we know how that turns out......

Also, the poster above me is looking for you ^^^^^^^ *cue ominous music*

I haven't dealt with that move directly but I would guess based on other moves that they move you to an Oceanview room.  Window to window / view to view

• Thanks 1

A question, what is my best course of action here?  Should I just wait for them to move me first?  Or should I be proactive and call to secure a decent balcony location?  

I don't mind the new ship or itinerary but just want to make sure I don't end up in a bad location.  I booked "Balcony picked by me" on Explorer.  

Edited by molole

1 hour ago, molole said:

A question, what is my best course of action here?  Should I just wait for them to move me first?  Or should I be proactive and call to secure a decent balcony location?  

I don't mind the new ship or itinerary but just want to make sure I don't end up in a bad location.  I booked "Balcony picked by me" on Explorer.  

I called RCI this morning on my March 2022 change to Explorer...they verified the itinerary and said the back office is doing the cabins no way to know anything until I get an email conformation...but said they are trying to keep the same location, category as they make the moves.

• Like 1

I talked to my TA this evening.  Royal is telling her (earlier today) that the reassignments will not be completed till near the end of next week, and that they expect an extension on the 30th decision date to cancel.  She also said that Royal could not confirm the new itinerary either.

We were booked originally on the April 4, 2021 on Explorer 9 nights - did a L&S to the 4/15/22...............now that is changed to the Radiance. We had a category 4D - aft balcony..............Radiance doesn't have cat 4D...........so here goes another "adventure" on finding a cabin. I checked the "scanner" site and no Radiance cruises shown after April 1 (I hope that there won't be a cruel April Fool's joke coming). I am hoping that the 9 night itinerary will revert back to the original Explorer with the ABC's.

Edited by cruise wizard

17 minutes ago, cruise wizard said:

We were booked originally on the April 4, 2021 on Explorer 9 nights - did a L&S to the 4/15/22...............now that is changed to the Radiance. We had a category 4D - aft balcony..............Radiance doesn't have cat 4D...........so here goes another "adventure" on finding a cabin. I checked the "scanner" site and no Radiance cruises shown after April 1 (I hope that there won't be a cruel April Fool's joke coming). I am hoping that the 9 night itinerary will revert back to the original Explorer with the ABC's.

In a perfect world back to the ABC's would be perfect.... at least the new itinerary showing for sale in November 2021 for us is Southern Caribbean.... wouldn't be surprised if RCL changed it again to an Eastern or Western... for a different number of nights....

Edited by NateUpNorth

26 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

In a perfect world back to the ABC's would be perfect.... at least the new itinerary showing for sale in November 2021 for us is Southern Caribbean.... wouldn't be surprised if RCL changed it again to an Eastern or Western... for a different number of nights....

Our 21 Jan 2022 sailing went from the ABC islands to the Southern Caribbean.  Same sail dates but different itinerary.  🍷

29 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Our 21 Jan 2022 sailing went from the ABC islands to the Southern Caribbean.  Same sail dates but different itinerary.  🍷

Have they assigned you a cabin???? We had our September 2021 B2B Brilliance cruises changed over to Jewel - same dates and itineraries............same ship layout. So, RCCL assigned our second part of the B2B to the same cabin (great)...............4 weeks later they assigned the first cruise cabin - different location but same category. Luckily I spotted our "original" cabin was open, so our TA was able to change it..........so finally we have the same cabin for the B2B. 

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

We booked the Explorer specifically to do the ABC's..................it was a great itinerary. So now we will see what is offered for April of 2022.

2 hours ago, cruise wizard said:

Have they assigned you a cabin???? We had our September 2021 B2B Brilliance cruises changed over to Jewel - same dates and itineraries............same ship layout. So, RCCL assigned our second part of the B2B to the same cabin (great)...............4 weeks later they assigned the first cruise cabin - different location but same category. Luckily I spotted our "original" cabin was open, so our TA was able to change it..........so finally we have the same cabin for the B2B. 

We were in a 2B on the B2B on Explorer, and Royal hasn't made the change yet.  I noticed both sailings are listed for booking on Cruising Power, so a picked one out for the B2B and had my TA put a hold on it for a week until I get a final assignment from Royal.  Then, I'll switch to those  staterooms.  🍷

19 hours ago, molole said:

Apparently you can't call to secure the balcony location you really want. I don't think these "reassigned" cruises are even showing up on line yet as the rooms have all been put on hold till they are assigned.  I was on the November 12 2021 on Explorer, changed to Radiance and they "assigned" me room 1592 ...a totally unacceptable room.  Both my hubs and I walk with canes or walkers.  This is way to far down the hall for us!  I was booked on Explorer for a jr. suite on the hump near the elevators.  BTW  I got no notice about  the room assigned, just happened to sign into my acct and clicked on "see more details" on this cruise and there was the room number ...I called this morning, twice  to see if I'd get different answers and could only get on a waitlist for the room I wanted.  SOOOO  it's like this...on this cruise, the ship has been changed, the itinerary is completely different, (we booked for the ABC islands and this itin does not have them), the room was assigned like a guarantee..although we (as others) have paid for a specific room, they told me amenities would transfer..got an email this morning they were CANCELED.  AND the suites are all located under the pool deck...so I do expect the rooms to be noisy.  Someone stated yesterday that the OBC would be $100 per person for a suite or balcony but I was told by two people that it was only $100 per stateroom.  Wrong information everywhere.  NO one at Royal has any clue.  I got on a waitlist for a handicapped room, which we DO qualify for but I usually try to leave those to people with wheelchairs/scooters and I hate the handicapped bathrooms but they are the ONLY jr suites close to elevators which we really need.  UGH!  Very disappointed in Royal. The only reason I did not cancel was because I got a wonderful price on this room and I know there is no way I will get that price on a Jr suite again..

I am sorry for everyone going thru this...what a mess. 

Edited by sharpasice

we too were booked on nov 12th 9 day cruise on the eos....Booked it to go back to the abc's..Explorer has better entertainment, better food, more to do than the radiance..Will have to cancel as our dec 21' cruise on the "connie" goes to many of the same ports as the "new" itinerary on the radiance....We go our new room assignment on deck nice with the same oversized balcony but like i said we have sailed on the jewel, brilliance, rhap and radiance and they just dont stack up to the explorer in any way..just my two cents worth.....rccl is doing it darndest to send these diamond members back to celebrity.

1 hour ago, Wine-O said:

We were in a 2B on the B2B on Explorer, and Royal hasn't made the change yet.  I noticed both sailings are listed for booking on Cruising Power, so a picked one out for the B2B and had my TA put a hold on it for a week until I get a final assignment from Royal.  Then, I'll switch to those  staterooms.  🍷

Good plan. I will keep looking for the April 2022 Radiance to show open. So far only the 4/1 is showing on the scanner.

1 hour ago, sharpasice said:

Apparently you can't call to secure the balcony location you really want. I don't think these "reassigned" cruises are even showing up on line yet as the rooms have all been put on hold till they are assigned.  I was on the November 12 2021 on Explorer, changed to Radiance and they "assigned" me room 1592 ...a totally unacceptable room.  Both my hubs and I walk with canes or walkers.  This is way to far down the hall for us!  I was booked on Explorer for a jr. suite on the hump near the elevators.  BTW  I got no notice about  the room assigned, just happened to sign into my acct and clicked on "see more details" on this cruise and there was the room number ...I called this morning, twice  to see if I'd get different answers and could only get on a waitlist for the room I wanted.  SOOOO  it's like this...on this cruise, the ship has been changed, the itinerary is completely different, (we booked for the ABC islands and this itin does not have them), the room was assigned like a guarantee..although we (as others) have paid for a specific room, they told me amenities would transfer..got an email this morning they were CANCELED.  AND the suites are all located under the pool deck...so I do expect the rooms to be noisy.  Someone stated yesterday that the OBC would be $100 per person for a suite or balcony but I was told by two people that it was only $100 per stateroom.  Wrong information everywhere.  NO one at Royal has any clue.  I got on a waitlist for a handicapped room, which we DO qualify for but I usually try to leave those to people with wheelchairs/scooters and I hate the handicapped bathrooms but they are the ONLY jr suites close to elevators which we really need.  UGH!  Very disappointed in Royal. The only reason I did not cancel was because I got a wonderful price on this room and I know there is no way I will get that price on a Jr suite again..

I am sorry for everyone going thru this...what a mess. 

We're now on the Nov 26 sailing... waiting to see what happens with a promenade view transfer to a ship with no promenade.... thank you and going to check the "see more details" for a room number.

We paid to pick our own room - I'd like the difference refunded between "assigned" and "picked".. but good luck with that. (sigh)

I wasn't overly upset at the new itinerary given there's places still on our "to do" list..... however that was until I SAW THE PORT TIMES. These are brutal. Lunchtime dockings? So if you eat dinner on board you get a couple hours on the island?!?!?!!? Are these stops usually that short on this itinerary?????

1 hour ago, sharpasice said:

Apparently you can't call to secure the balcony location you really want. I don't think these "reassigned" cruises are even showing up on line yet as the rooms have all been put on hold till they are assigned. 

Call again..... we just got off the phone having ourselves changed.

Original deck 8 booking.... new room showed deck 3...... just confirmed and moved back up to deck 8.

We're a lowly interior cave like cabin.... but you never know.

Got our new invoice with the room number confirmed while on the call..... but the price didn't carry over...... gotta discuss that now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Call again..... we just got off the phone having ourselves changed.

Original deck 8 booking.... new room showed deck 3...... just confirmed and moved back up to deck 8.

We're a lowly interior cave like cabin.... but you never know.

Got our new invoice with the room number confirmed while on the call..... but the price didn't carry over...... gotta discuss that now.

The original letter (email) about the switch, says your price should be protected.  Hope it works out for you. And thank you I will call again to see about that room.  I irritates me that people at Royal all have different answers, but I suppose it's the same with all cruise lines and large businesses. 

29 minutes ago, sharpasice said:

The original letter (email) about the switch, says your price should be protected.  Hope it works out for you. And thank you I will call again to see about that room.  I irritates me that people at Royal all have different answers, but I suppose it's the same with all cruise lines and large businesses. 

So we had our room changed and they "spoke to resolutions" about the invoice.... who immediately said "check back Oct 30th or later as they still have lots of processing to do"

Funnily enough my parents have no room assignment yet, I believe it's as they are promenade view and there is no equivalent. So according to RCL they're still doing the ABC's on Explorer from Miami. 

6 hours ago, sharpasice said:

Someone stated yesterday that the OBC would be $100 per person for a suite or balcony but I was told by two people that it was only $100 per stateroom. 

Every sailing that has undergone this change including my group that was moved from Adventure to Jewel had been per stateroom.  

• Thanks 1

not as bad of a shaft going from Freedom to Explorer

but i would be appalled going from Explorer to Radiance, that is a definite downgrade, not to mention not knowing the cabin you will get or the itinerary before the cancellation deadline.

this change would be a definite give me my money back situation.

will be the same with my Freedom to Explorer B2b if they cant confirm the cabins before cancellation deadline.

worst business decision ever, unless they were looking for a way to reduce capacity without actually kicking people off

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Every sailing that has undergone this change including my group that was moved from Adventure to Jewel had been per stateroom.  

Well darn...per cabin...again you can't trust the RCI reps to give you the facts. They specifically told me it was pp for my change from Freedom to Explorer...and my schedule still isn't showing up online......Eeeek !!!