Fourth Cruise Pier?

c-leg5

Anyone with any further insight into these new announcements? I see reports that a fourth pier will begin to be built in December (maybe?)?

It seems a strange time to be announcing this, unless the idea is to create jobs, although it is already speculated that  cheaper labor will be brought from the mainland, rather than local. 

There have  been rumors about a fourth pier for a long time but I thought it was to be in the north, whereas this seems to be near Palmar? 

Also does anyone know who which cruise line will be using this predominantly? I thought It was Disney wanted to build in the north - this new location would require expanding on the other side of Melgar. Norwegian seems to be the line that predominantly tenders but I don’t think they are in a position to put money into any developments presently.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I would guess anything like that big of a project, with no cruises coming, the time line would get extended. at least a year or longer.  No mega ships scheduled to come into Cozumel thus far.  So other things need to happen before "Field of Dreams" becomes real.