RCCI ship excursions

Natitude61

Still holding out hope that we’ll be on Freedom the end of January, but assuming we’ll be limited to ship excursions if we do sail. Anyone been on any can’t miss RCCI excursions that you can recommend? Thoughts on best island — St Lucia, Barbados, or Antigua — for snorkeling? Thanks in advance!

On 10/23/2020 at 6:02 PM, kardut said:

Still holding out hope that we’ll be on Freedom the end of January, but assuming we’ll be limited to ship excursions if we do sail. Anyone been on any can’t miss RCCI excursions that you can recommend? Thoughts on best island — St Lucia, Barbados, or Antigua — for snorkeling? Thanks in advance!

That's a tough one.  Snorkeling is excellent in St Lucia, pretty good options in Antigua and some decent options in Barbados.

In St Lucia though - you definitely need to take an excursion that takes you down to Soufriere and the Pitons. They're a not to miss experience, and what set St Lucia apart. And there's excellent snorkeling right at the base - so look for a tour that goes to the Pitons and has snorkeling at Sugar Beach or Anse Chastenet.  

Enjoy, stay safe.. 

I would say that St. Lucia has more to offer inland--a tour around the island is beautiful. Barbados and Antigua are ones where we've done water-side excursions that included a sail/snorkel, speed boat and snorkel, and 2-person kayaking. Some of those were ship's tours, and others we booked independently but the ship had the same ones available (particularly Antigua).

• 3 weeks later...

I, myself prefer Carnival, and I have done some cruising on RCCL as well. There were 8 of us that planned to leave on the 15th of March on the Horizon, until the virus attack! At this point Carnival doesn't have any ship headed to St. Lucia (St. Lucia is my "favorite" port of many I have visited down through the years doing it twice already) at this time. I have 3 sons/3 d-i-l's and I wanted them to SEE why I fell in love with St. Lucia as well. Yes I did see that the Freedom of the Seas has part of its itinerary, St. Lucia. Also, since I have done it twice before, I would highly recommend Cosol tours. I would say for what they charge, it is more than worth what you pay for the tour. Normally I would have already booked in September for a March cruise, but it looks like it will be wait and see, until we get this virus situation taken care of.

• 8 months later...

Well I posted almost 9 months ago, and I'm so "excited" to say, it looks like THIS TIME, the cruise we were to take in March, over a year ago, and were ATTACKED by the virus, we are to do it this coming January. Yeh! I know everyone (8 of us) is really looking forward to this trip now, and we pray, that NO virus, keeps us away!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...