Obstructed view

siren

I just booked a JS on the brillance in room 1038.  I just printed out the receipt and it says 10% obstructed view....which i wasn't told when booking on the phone.  Does anyone have any experience with this room or a "10% obstruction".  I dont want to be looking at the hull of a lifeboat......

4 minutes ago, siren said:

I just booked a JS on the brillance in room 1038.  I just printed out the receipt and it says 10% obstructed view....which i wasn't told when booking on the phone.  Does anyone have any experience with this room or a "10% obstruction".  I dont want to be looking at the hull of a lifeboat......

Go to deck plans and look. Here is your answer.

Balconies on all rooms from 1024 (portside) and from 1524 (starboard) all the way to aft of the deck are shaded by a large metal roof extending from Lido deck 10 above. 

So looking up will be obstructed. More shade.

33 minutes ago, siren said:

It has an obstruction from the window washing equipment.  Here is a video of 1038 on Serenade, sister ship to Brilliance to see the obstruction, it isn't bad at all.  You see it as he pans right.