Cruise Planner purchases "retained" as Future Cruise Credits (125%) - not 125% OBC

Aus ATC

Hi,

Our cruise was cancelled back in June.  I had paid the $400AUD deposit and around $2000AUD in the cruise planner.  When the cruise was cancelled, according to the information at the time I was expecting to have the cruise planner purchases refunded (at 100%), and the deposit turned into a AUD$500 FCC.  Instead I received a $3000 FCC (125% of all payments to date - I didn't do anything about it then).

I now see there is a 125% OBC credit option, and that can be used for a future cruises cruise planner.  Maybe this is new since my cruise was cancelled?

As I am not sure we will be able to use the full $3000 FCC before 31 Dec 2021 just on fares, so I'm wondering if the cruise planner component ($2400) could be "moved" from FCC to OBC, so we can use it on an upcoming cruise we have already booked.  Or should I just ask to have returned what should have previously been refunded (but at 100%)?

Hope this makes sense!!

5 hours ago, Aus ATC said:

Hi,

Our cruise was cancelled back in June.  I had paid the $400AUD deposit and around $2000AUD in the cruise planner.  When the cruise was cancelled, according to the information at the time I was expecting to have the cruise planner purchases refunded (at 100%), and the deposit turned into a AUD$500 FCC.  Instead I received a $3000 FCC (125% of all payments to date - I didn't do anything about it then).

I now see there is a 125% OBC credit option, and that can be used for a future cruises cruise planner.  Maybe this is new since my cruise was cancelled?

As I am not sure we will be able to use the full $3000 FCC before 31 Dec 2021 just on fares, so I'm wondering if the cruise planner component ($2400) could be "moved" from FCC to OBC, so we can use it on an upcoming cruise we have already booked.  Or should I just ask to have returned what should have previously been refunded (but at 100%)?

Hope this makes sense!!

You should call.  Royal has screwed up.

your post was correct, you should have received an FCC for $500. ($400 deposit x 125%) plus a future OBC voucher for $2500. ($2000 x 1.25%)

Either ask for it to be reinstated correctly or ask for a refund of both components. 

• Like 1