Taking a Blender Aboard

Oak Hill Cruisers

Due to having gastritis, DW can only drink a protein milkshake or have chicken noodle soup (or similar) for dinner.  Was wondering if anyone has brought a blender onboard.  We would bring a small blender, sort of like a Ninja Bullet.

We know the restrictions for heat-producing appliances and electric power strips.

So....possible that HAL would allow a small blender to be brought onboard?

1 hour ago, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

Due to having gastritis, DW can only drink a protein milkshake or have chicken noodle soup (or similar) for dinner.  Was wondering if anyone has brought a blender onboard.  We would bring a small blender, sort of like a Ninja Bullet.

We know the restrictions for heat-producing appliances and electric power strips.

The Main Dining Room is very accomadating and will be glad to meet your special dietary needs.

Here is the link to the special needs form once you have a booking number:

https://book.hollandamerica.com/specialServices/login.action

Edited by Crew News
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

They make small versions now that don’t need to be plugged in, that could be your best bet. 

When I cruise, I fill out a special needs form for my food allergies.  I also bring my lists for the waiter, head waiter, cabin steward.  That I leave with them on embarkation night.  They seem to appreciate it, because they have our preferences in writing.

This is for the main dining room, but during port days, the main dining room is closed.  But I'd think you could snag a waiter in the Lido too.  I haven't bothered, because I grab things that look safe.  And I have an epi pen.   Once we lost the epipen, and they told me to just eat everything on the ship, so they would have the treatment ready at medical.  They didn't have an epi pen in ship's medical.

22 hours ago, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

A really good friend of mine has used this one on cruises without any questions or issues... pretty neat little unit!!  https://blendjet.com/products/blendjet-one?msclkid=ebbe87e61ccd10a37846d84e6f9017b8&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=**LP - NonTM - Intl - General&utm_term=Mini Blender&utm_content=Mini Blender

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 3:42 PM, Oak Hill Cruisers said:

This may be of assistance from HAL's website.  

For guests with food intolerances or allergies that are not life-threatening, please contact our Ship Services Department at (800) 541-1576. For guests with life-threatening food allergies, we ask that guests provide detailed information to our Guest Accessibility Department by completing a Special Requirements Information (SRI) Form. Guests should indicate on this form which foods may potentially cause a severe reaction.

Guests with a variety of severe food allergies sail with Holland America Line regularly. Our galley staff on board is accustomed to and experienced in dealing with these types of needs. The galley itself has many different areas of food preparation, which can help reduce the possibility of cross-contamination. It is important to note, however, that meals are prepared in mass quantities on board, thus there is always the possibility of some cross-contamination. As such, Holland America Line cannot guarantee that a guest will not come in contact with those items. Although our Guest Accessibility Department will provide the ship with an advance notice of all food allergies detailed on an SRI submitted to them, it is recommended that guests also contact the Dining Room Manager upon boarding to review the details of these special dietary needs.