Reflection April TA is MIA

Ex-Airbalancer

Noticed our Reflection TA in April is no longer listed 

but the last Caribbean and first European cruise is listed 

but the rest of the Celebrity are still listed 

if the Reflection was sold out , it should be still listed but just showing all cabins SO 

any good conspiracy theories out there 

9D994808-69AF-483C-9754-16ADA03F1F35.jpeg

The Reflection TA shows CLS -- Closed.  That doesn't mean that it is cancelled.  They close cruises all the time when they fiddle with the sailing dates and/or itineraries.  They do show availability before and after the TA.  🍷

We’re also booked on this cruise, but will cancel before final payment if Celebrity doesn’t beat us to it.  There will be too many restrictions in April and we’ve lost interest.  Booked on Silhouette for   November and hoping it actually sails. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

Since crossings will not conform with CDC mandates, it is conceivable that they could send the ship over without pax, which would allow for sailings prior to (Caribbean) and post (Europe) to occur.

They have the Edge, Infinity and Conny TAs listed and they leave from Florida 

B2AF1B89-AA1F-43E5-8A98-CC13B5B73F84.png

2 hours ago, Wine-O said:

The Reflection TA shows CLS -- Closed.  That doesn't mean that it is cancelled.  They close cruises all the time when they fiddle with the sailing dates and/or itineraries.  They do show availability before and after the TA.  🍷

It is a little hard to get excited about this sailing 

insided and OV have been sold out for months , even before Covid hit, I wonder if they trying to figure out on how to move these cabins to balconies 🤔

1 hour ago, Airbalancer said:

They have the Edge, Infinity and Conny TAs listed and they leave from Florida 

B2AF1B89-AA1F-43E5-8A98-CC13B5B73F84.png

I realize that.

To think that Celebrity and it's web vendor(s) would be making a coordinated rollout of changes is to ignore the last 10 years, unfortunately.

14 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

I realize that.

To think that Celebrity and it's web vendor(s) would be making a coordinated rollout of changes is to ignore the last 10 years, unfortunately.

You think Celebrity IT people could be screwing up 😱😉

• Haha 2

52 minutes ago, docruth said:

Wonder where this leaves us with the 4/19 Reflection TA FLL->AMS B2B with Reflection British Isles 12 nt AMS->AMS. Would they cancel the TA, or run it no pax, and then run the 1st European cruise?

All speculation at this point.  They could cancel, change it to begin outside the US or run with reduced passengers.

Until the CDC and CLIA issue rules - think people are forgetting there are no CDC rules as yet.  Yes, they can change to rules without a public hearing, but have not yet done so.

Appears the CDC is waiting until January to finalize.  That gives them a much better picture of both COVID and how the new administration in the White House sees the situation.

What I do know is most cruises for January thru March will be "changed" - whether by cancellation, duration, ship or itinerary. 

There are a few options left to X- when they have to keep in mind that no longer then 7 nights sailings are allowed in spring. The can reduce the crossing to " JUST " a crossing- nonstop in seven days- if so- they can inform the already booked passengers and refund part of the price already payed. The other option is to cancel all together, refund or FCC  and open up new itineraries - for example 7 night crossings.

I think everything is better then sail to Europe for the 2021 season ( if such is happening- which is by far not sure) empthy.

3 minutes ago, LV-Cruisers said:

I called Celebrity this morning and was told the ship was sold out.  Hard to believe as it showed many cabins available the last time I was able to see it on their website.  Makes me wonder..

They probably will not sail at full capacity.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, LV-Cruisers said:

I called Celebrity this morning and was told the ship was sold out.  Hard to believe as it showed many cabins available the last time I was able to see it on their website.  Makes me wonder..

I'm pretty sure it's not sold out.  It's not unusual for them to close all booking when a change is forthcoming.  🍷

1 hour ago, LV-Cruisers said:

No way.

When a ship sells out, it still shows in the booking engine with "SOLD OUT" next to each category.  It is not completely removed.

1 hour ago, ECCruise said:

No way.

When a ship sells out, it still shows in the booking engine with "SOLD OUT" next to each category.  It is not completely removed.

By showing it sold out that might make people book hurry up and book another cruise before it sells out 

It was still open for booking on the Celebrity UK site last week. Some categories were showing as sold out but definitely not all of them. The cabin rates were crazy. I’d be very surprised if there had been a mad rush to fill those empty cabins. 

With so many things going on, I hope we continue to see positive news about Covid, sailings, rules & regs, along with improvement of economies.  I have Reflection booked in Europe for b2b's and Western TA due to Galapagos in June.  However, I also realize that anything can happen, so am prepared for what the future might bring in 2021, as ports can open and close.

We called Celebrity yesterday about the sailing. The rep told us it was closed for inventory maintenance. They are trying to clear unassigned/unbooked cabins that travel agencies are holding such as cabins for group bookings. She said the sailing would be back up again in a few days.

43 minutes ago, TourDeCruise said:

We called Celebrity yesterday about the sailing. The rep told us it was closed for inventory maintenance. They are trying to clear unassigned/unbooked cabins that travel agencies are holding such as cabins for group bookings. She said the sailing would be back up again in a few days.

That sounds very plausible, but when they do that, it gives those who are booked agita.  😁🍷

22 hours ago, Airbalancer said:

Not really just bored, I think it will be canceled 

I cannot see the EU letting in masses of people from NA before the fall

I think you are right.  It will go the way of all cruises in 2021 that are greater than 7 nights -- cancelled.  🍷