Windstar forgot ME!

Redtravel

I get all my Windstar info from cruise critic, Travel agents, 3rd parties, and friends. I have completed their online request form for special offers. I called directly and requested the same. Still NOTHING.   It seems strange. I have taken 10 WS cruises often b2bs.  I get no mailings by email or snail mail.  My Yacht Club has accurate info.  Is this happening to other people too?

It took me several requests this past spring to finally start receiving regular weekly emails from Windstar. Things were going great for about 6 months until recently, around the same time as their website changes, I’ve apparently been removed from their list and have not received any emails from them. Or maybe they have suspended emails while they finish the website ‘upgrades’. I figure I’ll send in another request  - or most likely it will require several tries like last time - and hope the communications start up again. I’m hoping they will be sending out their typical Black Friday/1st of December sale email. We will see!.

They send me nothing.  I haven’t received anything in months. I read the boards. That told me about the new loyalty program.  Nice. However, it is meaningless if I don’t sail.  It seems like Windstar is a secret club that has excluded me.  Not exactly a way to retain past guests.  Hope they send me the Black Friday sale info.  Haven’t seen any past guest, flash, or weekly emails.  Windstar:  Are you reading this?

I'm not sure that Windstar will see this thread, so you might want to ask this question in the separate forum that Chris Prelog will respond to starting November 23:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2499-qa-with-chris-prelog-president-of-windstar-cruises/

• Like 1

I would also like to recommend to him that the redesigned website show the ship for each voyage.  You can only find that out now if you click on the voyage and scroll waaaay to the bottom. You used to be able to search for a cruise by ship (which is always how I'd do it because I like particular ships).

I also miss being able to search by ship on the updated website - and agree that you really have to look to figure out which ship a cruise is on.  I really would like to see that feature return!

I have not received any weekly emails from Windstar either for a long time, but assumed that is due to the pandemic.  I assume once Windstar is able to sail again, e-mails and sales will resume too.

I have done 40 Windstar cruises and at some point was dropped from the Windstar email lists (Although they do seem to find me when the cruises are cancelled). However when I got my letter regarding the new loyalty program there was a PS line at the end  that read "We don't have your email address. If you would like to receive emails from us about new itineraries, sales and our newsletter, please sign up at WindstarCruises.com/YCM_signup."  I signed up and started receiving emails.

16 hours ago, avalong said:

I would also like to recommend to him that the redesigned website show the ship for each voyage.  You can only find that out now if you click on the voyage and scroll waaaay to the bottom. You used to be able to search for a cruise by ship (which is always how I'd do it because I like particular ships).

I posted this question to Chris Prelog on the separate forum, as well as being able to once again search by ship for a cruise. I also provided these as feedback on the website - there was a button that popped up last time I was on.  I gave them my email but have not heard back, though I don’t expect I will.

• Like 2

I get the Windstar promotional emails only very sporadically. I've decided that I don't care much about it getting fixed. Instead I check the Windstar specials page once a week, usually on Thursday or Friday, to see if any of the 7-for-7 specials are of interest or if there are any other sales on. 

I did get the Welcome to the Enhanced Yacht Club email with my new Yacht Club status. After I saw the Exclusive Private Sale mentioned here, I happened to look again at the Welcome email and realized that it also included announcement of the private sale, but one had to scroll down past the description of the program and the cruise history so I hadn't noticed that there was more content there - poorly formatted if they wanted to get the info out. 

I also find it annoying and strange that they are practically hiding which ship each voyage is on. I miss the ability to search by ship. If I was already thinking about a specific sailing, putting in month and ship was the fastest way to find it. 

If calling directly doesn't doesn't get results, it might be that Windstar is casting aside some people.  I have always loved my previous WS cruises.  Although I have none booked right now,  I am starting to think about the future now that a vaccine is on the horizon.  I am also getting lots of emails and mailings from other cruise lines.  Some that I have cruised on. Some that I have never sail on and have never been interested in.  Some lines are offering big reductions, upgrades, added benefits and reduced deposits or even free.  It is getting interesting.  Meanwhile when I look at WS website,  I see higher prices.  Is it me or is WS changing?  I filled out the send me info request again.  Probably just a waste of time.  Even though I said that I would not book anything until it was cafe to cruise again, I recently got a mailing from another cruise line that was too good to pass. No money down. Booked it and hope to sail next summer.  It's a dream that I look forward to. If not safe to sail by then, I haven't lost any money.   I sure hope that I get to take that cruise.