Early January Sailings?

whitshel

13 hours ago, sandebeach said:

New rumor today, posted on a FB page. "CDC has told CLIA that they want to reinstate a No-Sale Order through March 2021."   I am still hoping for our late April B2B, but my hopes are diminishing fast. 

I seriously doubt the factual nature of this rumor.  The CSO has all the requirements of the NSO, with the added ability to make them permanent without delay or further comment, so why should the CDC look for another NSO?  If the requirements of their CSO are their "best practices" for preventing the spread of covid into the US from cruise ships (which is what their mandate is, not to protect the health of passengers on the ship), then if the cruise lines can meet these requirements, what justification could be brought to shut the industry down again?

The use of the "request for information" period and the September extension of the NSO to October 31st, gained the CDC everything they wanted:  the ability to make the NSO requirements permanent, and the cruise lines have so far not bothered to meet these requirements, so it will be some time before they can ramp up and meet them.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Having my picture taken and being interviewed are the least of my concerns.

Good thing I posted the picture of one of the first passengers for you...I didn't think that looked like you...but thought I would throw that out there anyway.  😄 

Still dont understand why people are loaning their money to rccl for free .... You know when booking your cruise will be cancelled. Unless your booking late 2021 I just dont get it. Being hopeful is one thing being completely out of touch to whats been happening the last 9 months and still willing to put down thousands of dollars is another. Ive been cruising for many yrs myself but lets be honest with ourselves,vaccine news is great but........ it will take months upon months for the world to be vaccinated. Meaning your cruise will look nothing like it has in the past for a very long time. United states may be vaccinated early next yr but the ports you stop at wont be. Very sad. I would take that money you were going to put on a cruise and buy stock in rccl or carnival like I did back in april. Even right now its 1/2 the price it was a yr ago. Instead of giving your cash to rccl to put in their own piggy bank collecting interest. 

4 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Still dont understand why people are loaning their money to rccl for free .... You know when booking your cruise will be cancelled. Unless your booking late 2021 I just dont get it. Being hopeful is one thing being completely out of touch to whats been happening the last 9 months and still willing to put down thousands of dollars is another. Ive been cruising for many yrs myself but lets be honest with ourselves,vaccine news is great but........ it will take months upon months for the world to be vaccinated. Meaning your cruise will look nothing like it has in the past for a very long time. United states may be vaccinated early next yr but the ports you stop at wont be. Very sad. I would take that money you were going to put on a cruise and buy stock in rccl or carnival like I did back in april. Even right now its 1/2 the price it was a yr ago. Instead of giving your cash to rccl to put in their own piggy bank collecting interest. 

Your situation may not be the same as everyone else.   I originally had 28 cruises booked, most of them booked way before the Covid shut down, spread out over 2020 and 2021.  Then the cancellations happened..a lot them...if I were to cancel all 28 cruises before final...I would end up with 28 FCC deposit vouchers to use BEFORE 12/31/21. 

Now exactly where and when do you think I could use those 28 vouchers by then?  🤨 That is why I want refund cash back, and can only do it if RCI cancels.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, island lady said:

Now exactly where and when do you think I could use those 28 vouchers by then?  🤨 That is why I want refund cash back, and can only do it if RCI cancels.  

This is why I only book with refundable deposits. I cancelled January before paying it off and I ancicipate doing the same for April. It may cost me a bit more per cruise but I equate it to buying trip insurance. You pay a bit extra for something you won't use. This time my extra investment is paying off.

12 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is why I only book with refundable deposits. I cancelled January before paying it off and I ancicipate doing the same for April. It may cost me a bit more per cruise but I equate it to buying trip insurance. You pay a bit extra for something you won't use. This time my extra investment is paying off.

I was doing quite well with the non-refundable deposit bookings, long before the Covid shut downs, enjoying the OBC, etc.    I always booked with full intention of going on that cruise at that time, and was not one to do the "switch out game" like some like to do, (I think they called it place marker or something). 

Hind site is 20/20 here, but with RCI cancelling...I still am still getting 100% of my money back.  It's working for me.  😉  The few that I have cancelled...have found homes for the FCC amounts already, paying down my late 2021 and early 2022 cruises.