Shore Excursions?

swooldri

Because of the Virus>>>>>>>Dose anyone know if Az will have a requirement, for cruises outside the USA, that you can only get off the ship in ports if booked on a  AZ shore excursion?  This has been advertised  as the case, on the Royal Caribbean site, for ships leaving/returning from US ports.  I am looking at a May 2021 Quest cruise R/T from Athens.

Thanks.....Regards, Steve

I wouldn't be surprised to see a significant expansion in ship-sponsored tours to cover the times in port, including evening tours. We like to create our own wine-tasting tours at small, boutique estates, and I fear any ship-sponsored tour will only hit the big, tourist-oriented wineries.

2 hours ago, NC&KY said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a significant expansion in ship-sponsored tours to cover the times in port, including evening tours. We like to create our own wine-tasting tours at small, boutique estates, and I fear any ship-sponsored tour will only hit the big, tourist-oriented wineries.

I prefer smaller tours - I do wonder though, might the ships tours if they are all that is offered be small groups and you would have to be in the same group all cruise long.  That way they can do a little more containment.  But no one knows for real, time will tell

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, uktog said:

I prefer smaller tours - I do wonder though, might the ships tours if they are all that is offered be small groups and you would have to be in the same group all cruise long.  That way they can do a little more containment.  But no one knows for real, time will tell

I prefer a mix of small tours and just wandering around ports. Would not be happy at all if *forced* to only do ship’s tours. That would get pretty pricey, for one thing. And if I am vaccinated and still agree to mask, then what’s the harm.

• Like 2

Azamara's hands may be tied by restrictions in various ports ... I am a rarely excursioner and would consider forced excursioning a deal killer.  That said I believe the ports of call would want to contain the passengers in some fashion to keep a lid on contamination.  It is going to be a very big issue, mark my words.