Sky Princess Sun Deck Suites

Upper Bob

Has anyone stayed in one of the six Penthouse Suites located forward on the Sun Deck (S109 - S115)? They are currently classified as S4, but starting November 15, 2021 they will become S6 "Vista Suites." The indicated floor plan seems to change from a separate sleeping area to one large sleeping/living area. The cabin square footage is almost identical after the change to the Riveria Deck suites (S4), though the balconies appear to be larger on the Sun Deck suites. I cannot find any reviews or images of these Sun Deck suites. I can't imagine that they will actually be redesigning these suites (as the cabin width would have to change), but rather just reclassifying. 

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2020 at 12:29 PM, Upper Bob said:

Has anyone stayed in one of the six Penthouse Suites located forward on the Sun Deck (S109 - S115)? They are currently classified as S4, but starting November 15, 2021 they will become S6 "Vista Suites." The indicated floor plan seems to change from a separate sleeping area to one large sleeping/living area. The cabin square footage is almost identical after the change to the Riveria Deck suites (S4), though the balconies appear to be larger on the Sun Deck suites. I cannot find any reviews or images of these Sun Deck suites. I can't imagine that they will actually be redesigning these suites (as the cabin width would have to change), but rather just reclassifying. 

Just searched and saw your post.  I am wondering about those same cabins on the Enchanted Princess.  Looking for pictures of room/balcony.  Did you find anything out that you would like to share?  Thanks.

I was moved over to S111 on the Sky for an Iceland Cruise.  I looked extensively for photos and you tube videos.  The best I can see is that it is one large room with a suite bathroom layout.  Looked to me to be more like a mini-suite.  Not happy about the "exchange".  

I did not like the location (high and forward).

Far - Far - Far away from the suite lounge.

Room configuration was not anything close to "suite-like".

I am not surprised that they are "downgrading" the suite.  I will probably cancel this cruise.  Partly because of the move over, but also Covid/Europe/Flying.  

Photo:  Do not fool yourself, it looks like the room is continued to the right.  No, that is a mirror.  Very squarish room.

vistasuite.JPG.c2847372889e8b11c4941fbff

Old Thread:  

Poor video, but a sampling:  

https://youtu.be/xr8YR5G6clw

Edited by cr8tiv1

On 1/12/2022 at 4:38 PM, mellon1 said:

Just searched and saw your post.  I am wondering about those same cabins on the Enchanted Princess.  Looking for pictures of room/balcony.  Did you find anything out that you would like to share?  Thanks.

While on the Enchanted, the Suite Manager was kind enough to give me a tour of almost every suite type (the ship was barely half full). The Vista Suites on the Sun Deck are one big room, though the balcony is the same width but about 25% deeper than all of the other suites aside from the aft Penthouse Suites. These rooms also seem to have about the same inside square footage as the Penthouse Suites on the Riviera Deck, just without the separate bedroom. 

On 1/13/2022 at 12:14 AM, cr8tiv1 said:

I was moved over to S111 on the Sky for an Iceland Cruise.  I looked extensively for photos and you tube videos.  The best I can see is that it is one large room with a suite bathroom layout.  Looked to me to be more like a mini-suite.  Not happy about the "exchange".  

I did not like the location (high and forward).

Far - Far - Far away from the suite lounge.

Room configuration was not anything close to "suite-like".

I am not surprised that they are "downgrading" the suite.  I will probably cancel this cruise.  Partly because of the move over, but also Covid/Europe/Flying.  

Photo:  Do not fool yourself, it looks like the room is continued to the right.  No, that is a mirror.  Very squarish room.

vistasuite.JPG.c2847372889e8b11c4941fbff

Old Thread:  

Poor video, but a sampling:  

https://youtu.be/xr8YR5G6clw

Thank you SOOOOOO MUCH!  When is your cruise?  Not happy about the smaller everything either!  Can you let me know if you are going?  Mary

5 hours ago, Upper Bob said:

While on the Enchanted, the Suite Manager was kind enough to give me a tour of almost every suite type (the ship was barely half full). The Vista Suites on the Sun Deck are one big room, though the balcony is the same width but about 25% deeper than all of the other suites aside from the aft Penthouse Suites. These rooms also seem to have about the same inside square footage as the Penthouse Suites on the Riviera Deck, just without the separate bedroom. 

Thank you for the info...very helpful.  Did the Suite Manager show you the mini suites right next to the Vista Suites on the Sun Deck?  I am wondering if the depth of the balcony is more than the others, comparable depth to the Vista Suite next to it?  Also, for the mini suite can anyone look up or down on the balcony and is it fully covered?  Also, wasn't sure if you were viewing these cabins on a sea day???  Wondering if it is windy on the balcony.  DH likes to use the balcony A LOT, especially sea days.  My BIL was on Regal at the front of the ship and he said they couldn't use the balcony it was so windy.  Also, looks like you have to go by the pool???  Is there a lot of noise in this area and traffic?   I know there are a lot of questions and appreciate you helping me so very much.  Mar

Edited by mellon1
added

2 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Thank you SOOOOOO MUCH!  When is your cruise?  Not happy about the smaller everything either!  Can you let me know if you are going?  Mary

I will probably cancel this cruise to Iceland next summer.  Final payment is due in March.

2 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Thank you for the info...very helpful.  Did the Suite Manager show you the mini suites right next to the Vista Suites on the Sun Deck?  I am wondering if the depth of the balcony is more than the others, comparable depth to the Vista Suite next to it?  Also, for the mini suite can anyone look up or down on the balcony and is it fully covered?  Also, wasn't sure if you were viewing these cabins on a sea day???  Wondering if it is windy on the balcony.  DH likes to use the balcony A LOT, especially sea days.  My BIL was on Regal at the front of the ship and he said they couldn't use the balcony it was so windy.  Also, looks like you have to go by the pool???  Is there a lot of noise in this area and traffic?   I know there are a lot of questions and appreciate you helping me so very much.  Mar

There are no mini-suites on the Sun Deck. Just the 6 Vista Suites, 2 Window Suites, and an assortment of regular balcony cabins. There are also the forward facing deluxe ocean views with the floor-to-ceiling windows. I did tour the suites on a sea day and did not find the port or starboard balconies too windy. The Sky Suites were another story. The access to the Vista Suites goes from the upper main pool deck through an enclosed hallway next to the Retreat Pool. You cannot hear anything from that pool area. There is also a set of stairs and elevators that serve the Sun Deck rooms.I did not tour any mini-suites on the ship, which are not part of the Suite Manager's oversight.

55 minutes ago, Upper Bob said:

There are no mini-suites on the Sun Deck. Just the 6 Vista Suites, 2 Window Suites, and an assortment of regular balcony cabins. There are also the forward facing deluxe ocean views with the floor-to-ceiling windows. I did tour the suites on a sea day and did not find the port or starboard balconies too windy. The Sky Suites were another story. The access to the Vista Suites goes from the upper main pool deck through an enclosed hallway next to the Retreat Pool. You cannot hear anything from that pool area. There is also a set of stairs and elevators that serve the Sun Deck rooms.I did not tour any mini-suites on the ship, which are not part of the Suite Manager's oversight.

Sadly I have not been in the suites  but we were in one of those balcony cabins on Sun Deck. We loved that deck and the Retreat Pool and bar. The balconys on that deck are deeper that the standard balconys, and are fully covered. 

Edited by Buckeye10640

15 hours ago, Upper Bob said:

OK you have great eyes!  I thought that color was for MS looking at the book.  I got my magnifying glass out!!  LOL  Really want a deeper covered balcony with no one up or below us.  Thanks for your input.

2 hours ago, AF-1 said:

I will be in one of the vista suites for my Oct New England/Canada cruise.  Looks like a nice cabin.  

Good for you.  IDK if we can afford that for 30+ days.  Wish we could.  I wonder when is a good time to look for deals on those cabins?

15 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Sadly I have not been in the suites  but we were in one of those balcony cabins on Sun Deck. We loved that deck and the Retreat Pool and bar. The balconys on that deck are deeper that the standard balconys, and are fully covered. 

Great news.  So, does the shower have that dreaded curtain and is it tiny?  What about wind when at sea, seeing you were on for some time?  Any pics of balcony/room/bathroom?  Thanks.🙂

15 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Can you tell me if there is just glass between the bar area and the balcony cabins on the Sun deck where the pool/bar is?  Wondering if door is opened if you could see in the room and if a lot of people going past to get to the bar?  Thanks.

20 hours ago, mellon1 said:

Good for you.  IDK if we can afford that for 30+ days.  Wish we could.  I wonder when is a good time to look for deals on those cabins?

It's hard to figure when there is a good deal.  I search for cruises all the time and if I see what I think is a good deal;  I call my buddy who's a travel agent and have him book it.  If the price drops, we will get the lower price.  The NE/Canada cruise on Enchanted is a makeup from 2020.  

On 1/14/2022 at 7:27 PM, Upper Bob said:

@Upper BobDid you by chance get a tour of Vista Suite S110 or S109?  Wondering if that balcony is larger than the other Vista Suites next to it because it is the first one after the totally forward one.  Thanks.

On 1/15/2022 at 12:14 PM, mellon1 said:

Can you tell me if there is just glass between the bar area and the balcony cabins on the Sun deck where the pool/bar is?  Wondering if door is opened if you could see in the room and if a lot of people going past to get to the bar?  Thanks.

The entire Retreat Pool/bar area is enclosed by glass so for the rooms along the glass wall, someone could theoretically see in if you opened your door. It did not bother us, in fact it was nice to open our door and see outside. The more forward cabins on that deck and those closest to the elevator and doors  to Lido pool area are beyond the glass.  The bar area did not get crowded at all. 

On 1/15/2022 at 11:26 AM, mellon1 said:

Great news.  So, does the shower have that dreaded curtain and is it tiny?  What about wind when at sea, seeing you were on for some time?  Any pics of balcony/room/bathroom?  Thanks.🙂

Yes still a shower curtain but it didnt feel as cramped. We did not have any problem with wind on our balcony. A few times we noticed a bit of wind around the pool area. Here are some pictures, sorry if the post upside down, havent figured out how to fix that. 

20211130_164747.jpg

20211130_164822.jpg

20211130_164837.jpg

20211130_164849.jpg

20211130_164915.jpg

20211130_164924.jpg

20211130_164943.jpg

20211130_164959.jpg

20211130_165018.jpg

20211202_113140.jpg

2 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Yes still a shower curtain but it didnt feel as cramped. We did not have any problem with wind on our balcony. A few times we noticed a bit of wind around the pool area. Here are some pictures, sorry if the post upside down, havent figured out how to fix that. 

20211130_164747.jpg

20211130_164822.jpg

20211130_164837.jpg

20211130_164849.jpg

20211130_164915.jpg

20211130_164924.jpg

20211130_164943.jpg

20211130_164959.jpg

20211130_165018.jpg

20211202_113140.jpg

Thanks.  We ended up booking S110.  It was available for 40 days in the same room so I put a deposit on it.  We talked and it will be two years since we have cruised.  My husband said divide by 3 and it didn't seem as bad.  Still hoping there will be price reductions though!  

Appreciate being able to see from the glass in.  I think our room is in a separate hallway, close to the Sanctuary and the bar!  Getting excited and hoping covid testing, etc. is all gone by then.