Marina sailing any time soon?

SVBing

Argentina has said it is not opening to outside visitors until 3/21 at the earliest. Chile is also remaining shutdown. That alone pretty well eliminates the SA cruises for the season.

It is highly doubtful that Oceania would go through the CDC hassles and bring the Marina back from Europe for TA back  to Europe. Expect sailing to resume on the Marina in Europe sometime in the summer . Next issue is that Oceania has advertised and sold cruises longer than seven (7) days which currently surpasses EU guidelines. Therefore, the greater question for the Marina’s return to duty is whether Oceania will wait until mass vaccinations have occurred, and EU lifts the 7 day bans; or will they cancel all those currently advertised cruises and rebook cruises = or < 7 days so to resume sailing earlier?

I have a 10 day Baltic on Marina Aug. 29. If it is changed to a 7 day I am not interested, I will cancel. I am not interested in flying all the way to Europe for a 7 day cruise. Plus all my flight arrangements would be messed up.

4 minutes ago, susiesan said:

I have a 10 day Baltic on Marina Aug. 29. If it is changed to a 7 day I am not interested, I will cancel. I am not interested in flying all the way to Europe for a 7 day cruise. Plus all my flight arrangements would be messed up.

Why would it change to 7 days? That cruise is not restricted by the CDC edict involving US ports.

34 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Why would it change to 7 days? That cruise is not restricted by the CDC edict involving US ports.

The EU likewise has a seven day limit on cruises. In fact, that is probably where the CDC got the idea from.

31 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Europe has the same limit on cruise lengths, 7 days only, at this point. That could change IF cruises resume there in the spring or summer. 

11 hours ago, LHT28 said:

But they still have Covid 😷

Norway's numbers are quite low; England, on the other hand, is very high!  If they remain that way, we will forego our side trip to London and go straight to Heathrow from S'hampton for our flights home.

As I stated above, neither Norway nor England are part of the EU, so the seven day rule doesn't apply to our cruise.

Donna

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

Norway's numbers are quite low; England, on the other hand, is very high!  If they remain that way, we will forego our side trip to London and go straight to Heathrow from S'hampton for our flights home.

As I stated above, neither Norway nor England are part of the EU, so the seven day rule doesn't apply to our cruise.

Donna

You missed my point

Will ships be sailing from those Countries  allow Americans  onboard ?

Until the virus  numbers are low or non existent  I cannot see them allowing people from other Countries  to enter

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

You missed my point

Will ships be sailing from those Countries  allow Americans  onboard ?

Until the virus  numbers are low or non existent  I cannot see them allowing people from other Countries  to enter

Or have been vaccinated! 

Once the vaccine is readily available, Most of the world, maybe except Canada, is not going to wait “until the numbers are low ( however that is defined) or non existent “ before they reopen their economy and allow vaccinated tourists to return. If they have been vaccinated they’ll be allowed in. Those vaccinated will not be a potential burden on the host country’s healthcare system.

It will be years, if ever, before the Covid virus is non existent because there will be some that refuse to be vaccinated. We still see occasional outbreaks of the measles and chicken pox because of the Anti-vaxers . Not even those viruses are non existent.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

It will be years, if ever, before the Covid virus is non existent because there will be some that refuse to be vaccinated.

Darwin should take care of that problem - they will either get it and survive with antibodies (like from the vaccine) or not.

• Like 1

I agree that no cruise line is going to allow anyone onboard who has not been vaccinated. I would be shocked if they did.  Doesn't matter if the country of embarkation is EU or non-EU, North America, wherever. The vaccinations are shown to have high efficacy rates so everyone who wants to travel is going to have to be vaccinated.  Reports are that the vaccinations will be available to the general public in mid-2021 so I wouldn't count on any cruise happening before then.  I've already changed my next cruise from March 2021 to March 2022.  The same might be true if you want to board an airplane.

JMO.

On 11/29/2020 at 9:06 AM, pinotlover said:

Argentina has said it is not opening to outside visitors until 3/21 at the earliest. Chile is also remaining shutdown. That alone pretty well eliminates the SA cruises for the season.

It is highly doubtful that Oceania would go through the CDC hassles and bring the Marina back from Europe for TA back  to Europe. Expect sailing to resume on the Marina in Europe sometime in the summer . Next issue is that Oceania has advertised and sold cruises longer than seven (7) days which currently surpasses EU guidelines. Therefore, the greater question for the Marina’s return to duty is whether Oceania will wait until mass vaccinations have occurred, and EU lifts the 7 day bans; or will they cancel all those currently advertised cruises and rebook cruises = or < 7 days so to resume sailing earlier?

Could you please provide a link concerning Argentina not opening to outside visitors until 3/21 at the earliest.

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Do the vaccines that are about to be deployed protect the person from getting Covid and passing it on to others ?

By definition not entirely.

They are around 94 - 95% effective. That means that up to 6 out 100 will/can get the Virus but the illness will not be as severe as without the vaccine. These people presumably can pass the virus on to others.

Not sure about the 94% but it's a good question.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Thanks 1