2022 Europe itineraries

zacsc

7 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

For today the release of sailings is pretty meaningless as ports, dates and duration are changing too fast to keep keep track in my mind.

Certainly would not be meaningless to me. I have an April 2021 Silhouette cruise booked that is looking less likely now after the cancellation of the transatlantic crossing immediately prior to it. Until the 2022 European itineraries are released I have nothing to Lift and Shift it to. Even if the ports etc. are changing it is better than losing the good price and offers I currently have locked in.

• Like 2

I don't think they have to wait.  But I do agree that they will not allow L&S to any sailing beyond May 4, 2022 which is text they added to the T&C when they extended L&S deadline to Sept 30, 2020.   Remember they want to get everyone to the new (mass profit) Always Included pricing model. 

5 hours ago, prish said:

Did Celebrity issue a statement Connie and Infinity aren’t being transferred to Pullmantur? If so I missed it, what I’ve been reading on this board seemed to indicate the transfer going ahead.

We were booked on the Solstice January 2022 SA sailing and transferred to Infinity February 2022. Was hoping she’d be gone and we might get another S class ship...😉

Here is the statement for what it's worth.  It could change once the re-org plan is approved.  They do state that they "continue to work productively with Pullmantur" so read that any way you wish.

However, a spokesperson for Celebrity Cruises said that despite its support for the Pullmantur’s revival, it has not agreed to sell or lease any of its ships.

“While we fully support the reorganisation efforts of Pullmantur and continue to work productively with Pullmantur as it develops its new business plan, it is important to clarify that we have not agreed to lease or sell any of our ships, including any Celebrity Millennium-class ships, to Pullmantur,” the spokesperson said.

https://www.travelweekly.com.au/article/celebrity-cruises-clarifies-rumours-around-pullmantur-revival/

Edited by TeeRick

10 hours ago, laslomas said:

Certainly would not be meaningless to me. I have an April 2021 Silhouette cruise booked that is looking less likely now after the cancellation of the transatlantic crossing immediately prior to it. Until the 2022 European itineraries are released I have nothing to Lift and Shift it to. Even if the ports etc. are changing it is better than losing the good price and offers I currently have locked in.

My point was that while nice to have a 2022 schedule of sailings, any and all cruises scheduled are likely to change.  I too have a TA scheduled with another 2 European cruises following.  Will likely take my refunds and wait till things sort out.  L&S not likely to be extended as there are too many FCCs out there.  I could book with Royal or others, but until sailings resume and we see how many ships are sold or scrapped - changes will be the rule

11 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Here is the statement for what it's worth.  It could change once the re-org plan is approved.  They do state that they "continue to work productively with Pullmantur" so read that any way you wish.

However, a spokesperson for Celebrity Cruises said that despite its support for the Pullmantur’s revival, it has not agreed to sell or lease any of its ships.

“While we fully support the reorganisation efforts of Pullmantur and continue to work productively with Pullmantur as it develops its new business plan, it is important to clarify that we have not agreed to lease or sell any of our ships, including any Celebrity Millennium-class ships, to Pullmantur,” the spokesperson said.

https://www.travelweekly.com.au/article/celebrity-cruises-clarifies-rumours-around-pullmantur-revival/

It is basically a "non denial denial." The current CEO of Pullmantur, Richard Vogel, is the same person who was in charge of TUI Cruises in Germany when it had started with the former Galaxy and Mercury in 2008.

Edited by Cruisertoday

14 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I don't think they have to wait.  But I do agree that they will not allow L&S to any sailing beyond May 4, 2022 which is text they added to the T&C when they extended L&S deadline to Sept 30, 2020.   Remember they want to get everyone to the new (mass profit) Always Included pricing model. 

If you are on a late spring or summer 2021 European cruise you would need to be given options beyond May 4th 2022 otherwise there is nothing comparable to move to. Fall 2021 is too COVID uncertain for many travelers. Also, for people like myself who have booked cruises longer than 7 nights there will likely be no similar itineraries like that to move to in 2021 anyway once they start to update and reduce the itinerary lengths. Personally I think they will want a lot of people to L&S to 2022 so that they can see what they are left with for summer 2021 and can make better decisions on consolidating or cancelling cruises or possibly keeping some ships laid up. 

1 hour ago, Meteorain said:

I see they have released a couple of Iceland and Greenland itineraries on Summit in August 2022.

I saw those late last night...Any idea when British Isles will be released....or has it been in the past?

On 12/5/2020 at 5:19 AM, laslomas said:

I think we're on the same cruise.  It appears that it's only offered once in 2021, so we'd love the opportunity to L&S to 2022.  We also have a great price and hate to lose it.

10 hours ago, Lady President said:

I think we're on the same cruise.  It appears that it's only offered once in 2021, so we'd love the opportunity to L&S to 2022.  We also have a great price and hate to lose it.

I expect when the Europe 2022 itineraries are released there will not be a comparative cruise to Lift and Shift to, as this one is the last part of the Transatlantic repositioning. 🤔

On 12/9/2020 at 9:44 AM, SummmerInKefalonia said:

I bet next week their gonna release their full summer 2022 european itineraries based on the last two weeks...

We will all need to be vigilant each day for those new releases; however, for my TP in April of 2022, it was very strange, as only certain cabins were released.  I wanted an S1 corner aft suite, but they only showed lower decks.  I then booked a S2, switching to an S1 on a higher deck, but it took lots of time to do this.  However, I received a couple of price drops, making me very happy about all the time I spent.  This may be something new going forward for certain cruises. Filling cabins that are not as easy to fill because of location leaves certain cabins and decks for price increases etc.

Edited by Lastdance