Aft cabins Ventura - no beam !

Presto2

Hi, we are tempted to book a cruise on Ventura for August 2022. Sadly the aft cabins we really want are not available so we are left with cabins that may have that horrid beam down them. The cabins available that we think have no beam are  B55 and B745. Can anyone give us any tips to help us out ? 🙂

Edited by Presto2

6 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

We had one of the two aft Penthouse suites on Ventura and that had a stanchion on the balcony. We barely noticed it and it didn’t spoil our enjoyment of the cabin at all. 

Thanks - we would be looking for a bog standard aft balcony cabin so the balcony space would be relatively small so having a beam down the middle doesn't appeal to us. Cross with ourselves for letting the ones we like go

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Thanks - we would be looking for a bog standard aft balcony cabin so the balcony space would be relatively small so having a beam down the middle doesn't appeal to us. Cross with ourselves for letting the ones we like go

Oh, I see. Yes that would make a big difference. I wonder if you can go on a  wait list for one without a stanchion? Our lovely contact at P&O did that for us once, as we had missed the few cabins that we wanted and, much to my surprise, we were successful. 

13 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Oh, I see. Yes that would make a big difference. I wonder if you can go on a  wait list for one without a stanchion? Our lovely contact at P&O did that for us once, as we had missed the few cabins that we wanted and, much to my surprise, we were successful. 

We think the 2 ones left are ok but are checking before we book 🙂 We have had B749 before and it was wonderful

One cruise on Ventura we wanted a 'C' deck balcony and the only ones available were right at the front of the ship.We decided to book but every so often (particularly nearer the balance date) I would check to see if other 'C' cabins had become available(presumably if someone cancels)I was lucky and we managed to secure a balcony much closer to the middle of 'C' deck.I suggest that if you would be happy to be in one of the aft cabins available, then go ahead and book but keep checking and you might be lucky!

Someone suggested that you ask to be put on a waitlist.That is another option though once when we asked for similar because a cruise was sold out, I noticed cabins on sale again long before I was contacted by P and O so it might be an idea to check yourself as well as hope that P and O contact you

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Hi, we are tempted to book a cruise on Ventura for August 2022. Sadly the aft cabins we really want are not available so we are left with cabins that may have that horrid beam down them. The cabins available that we think have no beam are  B55 and B745. Can anyone give us any tips to help us out ? 🙂

The ones you want are B754,755,756,757. Pretty sure the sanchion comes in B750 and 751.

20160924_163322.thumb.jpg.1175693a65d0a59bdf401820b472356c.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

The ones you want are B754,755,756,757. Pretty sure the sanchion comes in B750 and 751.

20160924_163322.thumb.jpg.1175693a65d0a59bdf401820b472356c.jpg

That's what we thought - thank you. We have had B749 in the past and this totally spoiled us as it was perfect for us. 

Just now, kalos said:

Chances are it was me as it is our film :classic_smile:

Nooooooooo. I have watched that film so many times and shared it with others. Sooooo it is you we need to thank for an amazing time on Azura. We had looked at it before when booking Ventura and went to D114 instead. Learned from that mistake --- probably the worse cabin choice I have every made.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for our amazing Azura cruise 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2020 at 7:08 PM, Presto2 said:

Our Aft balcony on Ventura.

Graham.

IMG-20191027-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191027-WA0002.jpg

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our Aft balcony on Ventura.

Graham.

IMG-20191027-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20191027-WA0002.jpg

Beautiful photos  .... we always have our photos taken each night on a cruise in our posh gear ---- your better half looks lovely .🙂 Was this B749 or another cabin? Thanks to Kalos (sorry thought it was you) loved B749 so hope B754 is ok too 

The monkey made me smile - we always take Mr and Mrs T Bear on our holiday. If you look at our photo under our name you will see the silhouette of 2 little bears on aft cabin 8353 on the Celebrity Silhouette in her maiden year . They are dead lucky those bears ....

Edited by Presto2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Beautiful photos  .... we always have our photos taken each night on a cruise in our posh gear ---- your better half looks lovely .🙂 Was this B749 or another cabin? Thanks to Kalos (sorry thought it was you) loved B749 so hope B754 is ok too 

The monkey made me smile - we always take Mr and Mrs T Bear on our holiday. If you look at our photo under our name you will see the silhouette of 2 little bears on aft cabin 8353 on the Celebrity Silhouette in her maiden year . They are dead lucky those bears ....

Thank you.

This was B754.

Lovely cabin,just read back and saw you have booked this cabin.

I enlarged your avatar photo and can see your 2 bears.👍

Graham 

Edited by grapau27

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you.

This was B754.

Lovely cabin,just read back and saw you have booked this cabin.

I enlarged your avatar photo and can see your 2 bears.👍

Graham 

Now that is fate ! How strange is that !!! Kalos was the one who helped us with a video of B749 years ago (we had on Azura) and you have had this cabin before. 

We were a little unsure re Ventura as we hated the cabin we had last time ... my greatest failure re a cabin choice! I think it had a major impact on the cruise we were on so are edgy about Ventura again as we came away disappointed. Everything seems to be calling us back to her though and this has helped to put our minds at ease too.

Hopefully, God willing, all will be well for August 2022.

🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Now that is fate ! How strange is that !!! Kalos was the one who helped us with a video of B749 years ago (we had on Azura) and you have had this cabin before. 

We were a little unsure re Ventura as we hated the cabin we had last time ... my greatest failure re a cabin choice! I think it had a major impact on the cruise we were on so are edgy about Ventura again as we came away disappointed. Everything seems to be calling us back to her though and this has helped to put our minds at ease too.

🙂

🤞

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We had a cruise a few years ago on Ventura which put us off her slightly but sailed on a 28 cruise on her in 2019 and loved it. The atmosphere just seemed different which helped.(The weather was better too!)

To be fair to her we did a 17 day cruise with a block of ports in the middle of endless sea days. The weather on the sea days mid August was terrible (fog, fog, gusting winds, drizzle and cold). The cabin we had was at the very front and was so windy and cold and no sun. We had a balcony on what we thought was the non smoking side then discovered that our balcony was above a vent for the smoking area for the crew. Hated the indoor pool so this time may book The Retreat - haven't paid much for the cruise so this would be fine. We didn't like the Captain either - did the Behind the Scenes Tour and the only one who couldn't be bothered to speak to anyone or turn up. Very odd. Now if we had the lovely Andy Willard that would make our cruise complete ...

We LOVE B749 on Azura so think we will just love going back to the aft of the ship --- we just love those aft cabins.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

🙂

August 2019.

A few photos to remember Ventura.

Screenshot_20201212_210534_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20201212_210517_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20201212_210404_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20201212_210328_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Just now, grapau27 said:

August 2019.

A few photos to remember Ventura.

Screenshot_20201212_210534_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20201212_210517_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20201212_210404_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20201212_210328_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Ah lovely - those photos reminded me of the dining area. I do so miss my cruises.

We were placed on those horrid bench areas every night when on Ventura and the lights were right in my face. I have glaucoma so we had to keep changing seats. I am only short too so my legs weren't long enough to be comfy -- ha ha ha.  On Azura we found new favourite places to request and these were lovely so can go armed with a list -- ha ha

• Like 1