P&O Arvia Construction

Monorail Orange

Thanks Jaydee.

All I got was this:

NOTIFICATION
ARVIA departed from Port PAPENBURG
at 2022-11-05 08:26 Local Time (2022-11-05 07:26 UTC)
Time of Arrival/Departure is the time the Vessel approaches the entrance/exit of the Port respectively.

Time: 2022-11-05 07:26 UTC
Position: N 53° 06.71', E 007° 22.21'
Speed/Course: 1.4 knots / 42°
Area: INLEU - North Sea

Source of Position: TERR-AIS

Got a separate notification saying that her AIS destination is Eemshaven.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Britboys said:

Anyone know if there was a technical reason ahe was towed backwards? Or was it just because there wasn't enough room to turn her at the shipyard?

All the large ships are towed backwards.  From memory, the water being forced under the stern lifts the ship slightly to give a bit more safety margin.  Could be wrong.

• Thanks 3

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

There is some really fantastic stuff in this thread - have only just discovered it.

I am currently doing 3d models of the P&O Cruises Fleet - mainly from photos and drone shots. Already done Arvia at 1:500 scale and almost finished creating a 1:250 scale model of Ariva too.  

Haven't modelled below the waterline yet - so will hopefully be able to use some of the photos and videos in here to get it as accurate as possible.

Too late now for my 1:250 version - but when I do a 1:1000 scale version think I will try breaking it up into the real component parts as per the videos so that I can check shapes etc. - plus should hopefully be able to create a fairly interesting video showing a recreation of parts being delivered and then melded together to make the whole ship.

Arvia 1:500 scale model photo attached - (with Iona which I did first).

Build log the Arvia 1:500 model

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34982-arvia-by-dave-wood-1500-po-cruise-ship/

And of on going Arvia 1:250 model 

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34977-arvia-by-dave-wood-1250-po-cruise-ship/

IMG_7951.JPG

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ukdw said:

There is some really fantastic stuff in this thread - have only just discovered it.

I am currently doing 3d models of the P&O Cruises Fleet - mainly from photos and drone shots. Already done Arvia at 1:500 scale and almost finished creating a 1:250 scale model of Ariva too.  

Haven't modelled below the waterline yet - so will hopefully be able to use some of the photos and videos in here to get it as accurate as possible.

Too late now for my 1:250 version - but when I do a 1:1000 scale version think I will try breaking it up into the real component parts as per the videos so that I can check shapes etc. - plus should hopefully be able to create a fairly interesting video showing a recreation of parts being delivered and then melded together to make the whole ship.

Arvia 1:500 scale model photo attached - (with Iona which I did first).

Build log the Arvia 1:500 model

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34982-arvia-by-dave-wood-1500-po-cruise-ship/

And of on going Arvia 1:250 model 

https://modelshipworld.com/topic/34977-arvia-by-dave-wood-1250-po-cruise-ship/

IMG_7951.JPG

Those are fantastic!👍

Tell me, is the model building a hobby or linked to your vocation?

Also, how did you solve the water spill issues with the infinity pool?😉

1 minute ago, TigerB said:

Those are fantastic!👍

Tell me, is the model building a hobby or linked to your vocation?

Also, how did you solve the water spill issues with the infinity pool?😉

Just a hobby - started modelling cruise ships earlier this year after a few trips on Ventura, Iona and Azura.  Have been into 3d printing for a few years - but never really found anything that I was interested enough in to do multi colour printing until I thought of doing cruise ships.  

No solution to the water spill issue - I suppose I should model a few water splashes on the cabins below (or maybe a passenger with an umbrella) it to to make the model more realistic. 😄

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Sounds several levels above my building Airifx kits over 40 years ago!

Quite tricky to do the design and takes a long while to print out - but the nice thing is that there is no glueing or painting to do 😄

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Finally got around to having a go at modelling the underside of my Iona/Arvia 3d model - I assume they are both more or less the same under the water (so photo's presented are of the Iona version).  Not sure of the precise proportions though and also particularly what the stern looks like.   Any feedback on proportions, shapes or any missing bits appreciated.

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 15.14.01.png

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 15.14.17.png

Screenshot 2023-12-30 at 15.14.42.png

• Like 3