P&O Arvia Construction

Monorail Orange

• 3 weeks later...

P&O have just publised a short video on their socials advertisting "Altitude" - a mini golf and rope climbing course on Arvia's deck 19.

It looks similar to ones alreayd found on MSC, Carnival and RCI ships.

Certianly not one for me. Its got a positive response in the comments section - so I guess I'm the odd one out.

52 minutes ago, Monorail Orange said:

P&O have just publised a short video on their socials advertisting "Altitude" - a mini golf and rope climbing course on Arvia's deck 19.

It looks similar to ones alreayd found on MSC, Carnival and RCI ships.

Certianly not one for me. Its got a positive response in the comments section - so I guess I'm the odd one out.

We booked a cruise on Anthem of the seas. It's got a dodgem car track. Let's hope P&O, Saga, Fred etc follow that lead.🤣

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Slight error on the last post, the video was labelled incorrectly and the parts were in fact for the Silver Nova and not Arvia.  Thank you admins for removing on my behalf.

New video of Arvia and Wish sections on the Ems and through the locks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Auto translate from German, from Meyer Werft social media feed.:-

When almost 500 tons float through the hall, then it requires special attention from the crane leader and colleagues on the ground and on board. Only if the communication is right, a gigantic structure like the bridge of a cruise ship can be installed precisely. When installing the 496 ton heavy bridge block for the ARVIA, everything was fit: communication, team spirit, cooperation and in the end the block on the ship.

272022110_3051407891788955_8113894879879359252_n.jpg

272027630_3051408425122235_2606664614120983479_n.jpg

272020033_3051408481788896_7763660295197657093_n.jpg

272048138_3051408345122243_6531669806605104132_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Becuase work is still taking place on the Disney ship behind Arvia, the ship is being constructed in a different order to Iona.

One the Disney ship floats out, the megablock will be dragged in, connected and then the stern of the ship assembled. Ariva should then be ready for float out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As you may have seen elsewhere, Disney Wish has been delayed due to technical issues.  The tugs have left the harbour to resume work elsewhere.  Due back in a few days to resume float out, then the drydock can be reconfigured to suit Arvia.  Hopefully videos of the manoeuvres will be done by EMS Dollart-Media as before, and will post as soon as.  Hope you all enjoy this update thread, probably one of the only reasons for coming back onto here for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1