P&O Arvia Construction

Monorail Orange

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, gsmt47471015 said:

I used to love playing with Lego as a child , looks like these guys haven't grown out of it !!😄👍👍

Seriously though looking very nice 

I made this the other day - 20" long, 4950 parts.

I didn't play with Lego as a child but am now in my second childhood at 79!DSCF8046.thumb.JPG.8ad76816685dcda91505c510c9791511.JPG

Edited by bbtablet
additions
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, bbtablet said:

I didn't play with Lego as a child but am now in my second childhood at 79!DSCF8046.thumb.JPG.8ad76816685dcda91505c510c9791511.JPG

I bet it took you longer than a day (and that's just sorting the pieces out) we have the same one and it took 2 of us over a week 🤪. How did you find the balconies?

On 8/15/2022 at 9:30 AM, bbtablet said:

If you put some water slides instead of sunbeds and a little Gary Barlow, a few folk on here would get their bookings in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

From Meyer Werft social media, with google translate.  Float out due end of August.

Time for something to turn: The propellers are now turning on our current ship rebuild, the Arvia. They were installed this week inand are now ensuring the ship can move forward. Or even backwards, like when leaving the building dock at the end of August. 🛳

299732629_3206103546319388_277898060728437538_n.jpg.4932e507e479aa17bc6613fb8f2f4345.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

I bet it took you longer than a day (and that's just sorting the pieces out) we have the same one and it took 2 of us over a week 🤪. How did you find the balconies?

Yes, it took me many weeks - a wonderful way to pass the winter months when retired! 

You just need a dining room sized table, a partner who will let you "block" it for weeks on end, and the trick is to sort by colour first, not part (there are too many pieces for that).

Still available from Wish at about £78.

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

Anybody heard anything about where Arvia will be registered? Nothing on stern yet that I’ve seen

I don't think I have seen anything official, but some of the shipping registry sites have her listed as UK.  But that could just be a place holder.  Should be clear hopefully on the immanent float out.

1 hour ago, jaydee6969 said:

I don't think I have seen anything official, but some of the shipping registry sites have her listed as UK.  But that could just be a place holder.  Should be clear hopefully on the immanent float out.

Just after I posted that I read on the P&O website that they will only be doing Commitment Ceremonies on Arvia (the same as Iona & Britannia). I guess that somewhat confirms she will be registered in Southampton ( at least to start with )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Just after I posted that I read on the P&O website that they will only be doing Commitment Ceremonies on Arvia (the same as Iona & Britannia). I guess that somewhat confirms she will be registered in Southampton ( at least to start with )

I read this online

The Law Commission now proposes that weddings should be able to take place in "any safe and dignified location", such as family homes, gardens, beaches, forests, parks, village halls and cruise ships.

19 Jul 2022

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wasn't that supposed to have happened something like a decade ago? I recall reading somewhere some years back that there was this very proposal.  However it seems to have become lost along the way.  It would be nice to see all the P&O ships (Along with Cunard) registered in the UK again.  

2 hours ago, westerdam said:

Wasn't that supposed to have happened something like a decade ago? I recall reading somewhere some years back that there was this very proposal.  However it seems to have become lost along the way.  It would be nice to see all the P&O ships (Along with Cunard) registered in the UK again.  

There was a change in the regulations some years ago so that people could marry in venues other than churches and Register Offices. The current suggestion has been on the table a few years but seems to have been given more emphasis recently.

I'm sure P&O will be hoping the change comes sooner rather than later.

It would indeed be nice to see all the ships home-registered....even if they were built overseas and are owned by an American company...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Britboys said:

There was a change in the regulations some years ago so that people could marry in venues other than churches and Register Offices. The current suggestion has been on the table a few years but seems to have been given more emphasis recently.

I'm sure P&O will be hoping the change comes sooner rather than later.

It would indeed be nice to see all the ships home-registered....even if they were built overseas and are owned by an American company...

Does the country of registration really make any difference to the cruising experience?

1 minute ago, terrierjohn said:

Does the country of registration really make any difference to the cruising experience?

No of course it doesn't. It would just be nice imho.... Other lines seem to do it, HAL, Costa etc...

• Like 1