P&O Arvia Construction

Monorail Orange

On 10/27/2022 at 2:17 PM, besberry said:

Still no funnel, then!

No, because when the ship transits the Ems, there is a bridge which the ship won't fit under if the funnel is already installed. The funnel gets installed once the ship arrives at Bremerhaven.

The Ems transfer is scheduled for 4/5th November.

This was the second of the two dates that I had been told. Its weather dependent however forecast is looking acceptable.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

No, because when the ship transits the Ems, there is a bridge which the ship won't fit under if the funnel is already installed. The funnel gets installed once the ship arrives at Bremerhaven.

This was the second of the two dates that I had been told. Its weather dependent however forecast is looking acceptable.

Picked this up earlier, it is in German but google translate helps

https://www.elwis.de/DE/dynamisch/BfS/index.php?target=3...

3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Phew, maybe I'll be cruising at Christmas after all!

3 hours ago, molecrochip said:

There is no bridge on the Ems Arvia needs to fit under. Other ships in this class (Aida Nova and Cosma) had their funnel during Ems transit. Maybe a weight and draft issue.

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

There is no bridge on the Ems Arvia needs to fit under. Other ships in this class (Aida Nova and Cosma) had their funnel during Ems transit. Maybe a weight and draft issue.

Is it power lines then? There is something that it needs to fit under. Even in the same ship class, funnel design tends to be a brand per band design feature.

7 hours ago, molecrochip said:

Is it power lines then? There is something that it needs to fit under. Even in the same ship class, funnel design tends to be a brand per band design feature.

Many years ago there was a power line issue with Norwegian Pearl who hit it and brought darkness over parts of Northern Europe but I believe this is history. Iona also had her funnel I believe.

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

Many years ago there was a power line issue with Norwegian Pearl who hit it and brought darkness over parts of Northern Europe but I believe this is history. Iona also had her funnel I believe.

Can anyone check and find out the reason Arvia cannot transit the river? Is it height or is it something else?

21 hours ago, molecrochip said:

According to the link in my previous post is to do with the Ems barrier and water levels

• Thanks 2

Update from Meyer Werft on social media:

It starts on Saturday: Arvia is expected on the 5th. November around 7 o'clock und in the morning left Papenburg and transferred to Eemshaven. 🛳
The following schedule applies for the empassage, which can be postponed in short notice according to weather and tide conditions:
catch. 06:30 ship in standing position (Papenburg)
catch. 7 o'clock passing the dock lock (Papenburg)
catch. 11:45 am passing the Friesen Bridge (Weener)
catch. 15 o'clock passing the Jann Berghaus Bridge (empty)
catch. 18:30 arrival at Emssperrwerk (Gandersum)
catch. 10:30 pm happening the roadblock
catch. 00:45 am happening in Emden
Arriving in Eemshaven is Sunday the 6th. Planned for November. After technical and nautical tests, Arvia will take the course at Bremerhaven for later delivery to P&O Cruises.
!! ️But beware! All data are subject to wind and weather conditions, water levels and therefore without guarantee. Time delays are also possible at short notice!

312261935_428049129520514_377075116617277604_n.jpg

• Thanks 2