Refund Timelines

Addicted2Ships

33 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

I called last week and was told the current timeline is 60 days

This is crazy!  I understand when this virus situation first arose and HAL was surprised by it, but now they have had over 9 months to address the process.  Its all a money grab IMO - use my money to keep the company going.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

This is crazy!  I understand when this virus situation first arose and HAL was surprised by it, but now they have had over 9 months to address the process.  Its all a money grab IMO - use my money to keep the company going.

Holland America is no different situation than a lot of travel industries.

I just received my refund from Iberia last week (cancelled April 22nd) and Lufthansa a couple of weeks again (cancelled same date).

HAL refunded us in less than 3 months so, in reality, they are ahead of the airline lines and some of the the other travel industries.

No question they are in a cash crunch and have to slowly give it out but my point is, it’s not just HAL. And HAL seems to be faster than some of the airlines.

Thanks for all of your replies. As I received a refund from British Airways within 3 days and NCL are now refunding with 15 business days on average, I hoped HAL had maybe streamlined their processes too. Looks like 60 days + is the norm. Oh well, at least it's on it's way...

Edited by 1sttimecruisee

10 minutes ago, 1sttimecruisee said:

Thanks for all of your replies. As I received a refund from British Airways within 3 days and NCL are now refunding with 15 business days on average, I hoped HAL had maybe streamlined their processes too. Looks like 60 days + is the norm. Oh well, at least it's on it's way...

When I cancelled my Japan cruise (deposit only) I was refunded within 2 weeks if that helps.

• Thanks 1

I called HAL to find out when my Future Cruise Credits will appear under my account.  She said by the end of December.  I asked how the FCC will be applied if I find a cruise before the end of December.  She said they will book the cruise with no deposit and will work through the fare and fees once the FCC has been made available.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fkfad said:

I called HAL to find out when my Future Cruise Credits will appear under my account.  She said by the end of December.  I asked how the FCC will be applied if I find a cruise before the end of December.  She said they will book the cruise with no deposit and will work through the fare and fees once the FCC has been made available.  

This is exactly what I am doing for the replacement cruise, so it does make sense but I sure would feel better seeing it in writing.  Further, I still will have enough FCC to book another cruise, so waiting to see how much.