Which PV Staterooms Beds Face Forward?

JM0115

Is there a list or place to go to find out which staterooms face forward (as you sleep your feet in your bed face forward)?  Particularly, which PV staterooms face forward.  For everyone, the beds are against the wall in alternating fashion so approximately half of the beds face backwards and half face forwards but I am not sure which ones are which?

• Like 1

Dont know of a list but our PV1 6072 on port side had the bed positioned with feet facing forward and our heads aft.  In a DV4 4028 on port side our heads were forward and our feet were aft.  Neither way felt much different to us.  We did have 25-30 seas in the Southern Ocean and any motion felt was slightly side to side.  Was was more noticable was the sound of waves on tbe hull and a brief shuddering motion.  But then we don't get seasick.  The cabin doors are generally grouped in twos.  So every other cabin will have alternating bed positioning.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TayanaLorna said:

Dont know of a list but our PV1 6072 on port side had the bed positioned with feet facing forward and our heads aft.  In a DV4 4028 on port side our heads were forward and our feet were aft.  Neither way felt much different to us.  We did have 25-30 seas in the Southern Ocean and any motion felt was slightly side to side.  Was was more noticable was the sound of waves on tbe hull and a brief shuddering motion.  But then we don't get seasick.  The cabin doors are generally grouped in twos.  So every other cabin will have alternating bed positioning.

Thanks TayanaLorna.  It's good to have the confirmation that you could not tell the difference. That is what I thought but thank you for the confirmation.

For us the big issue is who sleeps on which side of the bed and which side of the bed is near the balcony doors and which side is against the wardrobe or bathroom wall. If you always sleep on the left side of the bed as you look from the bottom and prefer the balcony door to the bathroom wall you need a to choose the right cabin for the port or starboard side of the ship.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, duquephart said:

Men typically sleep closest to the door without realizing why. It's a caveman thing.

Absolutely correct and if you always sleep on one side of the bed it is a disaster when you open the cabin door and have to choose between your favourite side of the bed or sleeping near the balcony door. 

• Like 1

LOL. I didn't realize maintaining a specific bed side choice was so important.  I choose my side of bed based upon proximity to the bathroom, air flow i.e. opening windows or fan placement and lack of stuff to stumble over in the dark at night.  My DH gets no choice.  In Vikings DV cabins i like the side along the closet.  I give DH the drawers in the hall and take the ones in the closet (or bring my own hanging shelf apparatus for Star, Sea & Sky) so that i don't have to listen to him complain about how narrow the bed to closet space is.

• 3 years later...

Viking Mars cabin 5052 Port side feet facing forward. Had bump out which I never even noticed or was bothered by. Had to look at my cabin photo to recall. 

2 hours ago, wcGma said:

Viking Mars cabin 5052 Port side feet facing forward. Had bump out which I never even noticed or was bothered by. Had to look at my cabin photo to recall. 

Wow - I had forgotten this topic - over three years ago!

Someone somewhere had posted this file where they described Fore and Aft facing.  They didn't do the far forward rooms, but since they tend to be alternating, you can extrapolate.  The rooms we've stayed in so far match what's on this list.   Maybe someone can create a more complete list.

Bed directions fore and aft-Viking Ships.pdf

• Thanks 1