Quick Question re cancellation policy

carmel

I haven't cruised in 3 years.  Before COVID, I had most of these rules memorized but not sure if things have changed. I'm thinking of B2B next July.  The only thing I can get to come up on the website states I won't be able to get my deposit back if I cancel.  I know it used to be that with some deep discounts, this was the rule.  But there was a way to take another offer - overall cruise a bit more - but you were able to get your money back (within certain time frames).  Is it still that way or have they gone to complete no deposit refunds?

Thanks!!

11 minutes ago, carmel said:

I haven't cruised in 3 years.  Before COVID, I had most of these rules memorized but not sure if things have changed. I'm thinking of B2B next July.  The only thing I can get to come up on the website states I won't be able to get my deposit back if I cancel.  I know it used to be that with some deep discounts, this was the rule.  But there was a way to take another offer - overall cruise a bit more - but you were able to get your money back (within certain time frames).  Is it still that way or have they gone to complete no deposit refunds?

Thanks!!

There are still refundable deposits, you just have to dig to find them.

Cwc, cruise with confidence you can move any cruise to another date without penalty. The deposit or whatever you paid becomes in effect a fcc, non refundable if you booked a nonrefundable deposit. The fcc last I understood it had to be used by the end of April 2022, or one year from the date you cancelled. 

So you can move to a different cruise, but not a refund with cwc.if booked before the end of next January.

Ps I would not book a b2b next july as the cdc says cruises cannot be longer than 7 days, and it has not be cleared if if this applies to b2bs, and the cdc order extends to Nov 1, 2021.

Edited by firefly333

11 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That only applies until Jan 31, 2021.

After Jan 31,2021 the only option is to cancel and the the FCC.

Just so I understand. Are you saying no you cant move the deposit to another date? You can just cancel, take the fcc, and then book another date? The difference is cant just move the deposit immediately you have to wait for the fcc before rebooking? Ok

8 minutes ago, carmel said:

Wow, thanks for the info!  That is very good to know about the B2B. Normally I'm on here at least 2-3  times a week and was totally up to date.  

You can go ahead and book a B2B to assure you have the same cabin. Policy could change many times between now and then, and with a refundable deposit you will get your deposit back. I would take the chance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Just so I understand. Are you saying no you cant move the deposit to another date? You can just cancel, take the fcc, and then book another date? The difference is cant just move the deposit immediately you have to wait for the fcc before rebooking? Ok

After Jan 31 you cannot move your sailing to another date.  Regular penalties will apply.  The only option you have without penalties is to take the FCC and then live with the terms of that FCC

Edited by Ourusualbeach

13 minutes ago, carmel said:

Wow, thanks for the info!  That is very good to know about the B2B. Normally I'm on here at least 2-3  times a week and was totally up to date.  

One issue with b2b is right now cdc says test a few days before your cruise, test when you board, test when you debark. .. kinda hard to get in that required pretest before the 2nd leg of a b2b. ...though we also dont know how they would look at a b2b as 2 cruises or 1. Notice no cruises listed 8 days or longer before nov 1, 2021.

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

One issue with b2b is right now cdc says test a few days before your cruise, test when you board, test when you debark. .. kinda hard to get in that required pretest before the 2nd leg of a b2b. ...though we also dont know how they would look at a b2b as 2 cruises or 1. Notice no cruises listed 8 days or longer before nov 1, 2021.

We have no idea how things will change for a B2B...but I wouldn't hesitate to book as that will get straightened out...they may even end up testing you onboard. It's a wait and see at this time for policy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We have no idea how things will change for a B2B...but I wouldn't hesitate to book as that will get straightened out...they may even end up testing you onboard. It's a wait and see at this time for policy.

True, we have no clarification regarding b2bs. July isnt that far away. A few months back my TA talked me out of a b2b the end of april which seemed so far away I thought surely cruising would resume.

I guess I'm just more negative than I was earlier in 2020 and it's a lot to hope for that things will be normal enough cdc will remove its pretesting protocol. I'm just saying if I was booking a b2b it would be further out than next july but I have no idea what will change. I'm just growing more and more cautious.