Free Amenity if Book Now - Question

IWantToLiveOverTheSea

I see O is now offering a free OLife amenity on the cruise we booked a month or two ago (cruise only, without any air or OLife).  Can I assume that we cannot get that free amenity if we're already booked?  That's what the footnote says pretty clearly; just wondering if there's any wiggle room.  Hope springs eternal!

14 minutes ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

I see O is now offering a free OLife amenity on the cruise we booked a month or two ago (cruise only, without any air or OLife).  Can I assume that we cannot get that free amenity if we're already booked?  That's what the footnote says pretty clearly; just wondering if there's any wiggle room.  Hope springs eternal!

What are they offering?

Ask all they can do is say NO 

If you want the O Life Perk you may have to pay for it  since you opted out

The free upgrade  = maybe

1 hour ago, IWantToLiveOverTheSea said:

You had the opportunity for a choice of the O Life amenity when you originally booked. Had you chosen the O Life price then (instead of "cruise only"), you'd already have the amenity.

The just announced "sale" (like most O sales) involves cabin pricing on select cruises. Read the fine print in the offer and you'll see that the "free" amenity is for folks booking at the O Life price:

Cruise-Only Fares do not include OLife Choice amenities or airfare.

That said, it is worth calling your TA or O to see what are the current cabin pricing, O Life amenities and air credit amounts for your currently booked cruise.

If the cost for your same cabin now works out to be a better deal in whatever way you may be allowed to look at it (cruise only, O Life w/wo air), you may want to rebook. Same goes for moving up in cabin class (I.e., see if the cabin price went up recently thus making the new sale price no big deal AND is the O Life amenity or air credit a lesser value).

FWIW, we've done one of these "4 category" sales as a rebook of our current cabin at a lower cabin category price. But, it was only for O Life fares on a selection of cruises that included ours.

Finally, every so often (rare in the North American O market), you'll see "Ultimate O Life" offered which is all 3 amenities (booze, tours and SBC) for the current O Life cabin price. Note however that O occasionally does an "Ultimate Oceania Sale" (cabin price drop) which is not the same thing as "Ultimate O Life" (3 amenities when you book O Life).

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

1 hour ago, StanandJim said:

Will there EVER be a situation where the Lines are so hard pressed that people stop pushing for a perpetually better deal?

So what is new?  Thru life people are always asking for a better deal.

18 hours ago, RJB said:

So what is new?  Thru life people are always asking for a better deal.

A deal is a deal, but it might be better if we could stop short of stealing the gold pieces off of the eyes of corpses to get  them

This concept of standing on your business associates neck, just because World commerce makes it an an option needs to be addressed.

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.  

• Like 1

Nah.

I'll stop trying to squeeze the cruise lines for better deals when they stop hitting me with surprise fuel surcharges, stop cancelling cruises but holding deposits for 90-120 days, stop charging 3x the DIY price for shore-ex then cancelling them anyway for lack of interest, and so on.

• Like 3

On 12/27/2020 at 9:40 AM, Shawnino said:

Nah.

I'll stop trying to squeeze the cruise lines for better deals when they stop hitting me with surprise fuel surcharges, stop cancelling cruises but holding deposits for 90-120 days, stop charging 3x the DIY price for shore-ex then cancelling them anyway for lack of interest, and so on.

Sounds like a plan we can all follow.  

• Like 1