Air deviation for 2021

snorkle lover

We are booked on the Splendor for a Med cruise the end of September ( London to Barcelona).. I know that you can pay ( $170) PP to choose your flights

at 270 days prior to cruising. Our final balance isn't due until the end of May so right now we only have put down a deposit. If the cruise doesn't go

due to Covid what would happen to the $$$ we put out to deviate? Any ideas?

14 minutes ago, snorkle lover said:

Thank you both Kwaj girl and 1982. Ok, guess we need to start looking at flights then.

Hopefully, the world will be in a much better place by September.

Suggest you ask the air desk to confirm the refund if Regent cancels the cruise.

I agree with rallydave, but if you can get any information in writing (e-mail) works.  If you are using a TA get them involved and have them also keep a record in your file.  Regent does a good job, I believe they are honest - but wrong information happens.

Be aware that the number of flights and airlines post covid-19 will be very limited. Many airlines will not survive and lots of routes will be scrapped from schedules. This will limit your options and increase your stress and financial loss. In these circumstances looking beyond Regent air might be fall hardy , it may save you $300 but think how much you lose if you don't make embarkation?

On 12/23/2020 at 4:13 PM, snorkle lover said:

We are booked on the Splendor for a Med cruise the end of September ( London to Barcelona).. I know that you can pay ( $170) PP to choose your flights

at 270 days prior to cruising. Our final balance isn't due until the end of May so right now we only have put down a deposit. If the cruise doesn't go

due to Covid what would happen to the $$$ we put out to deviate? Any ideas?

We're on the same cruise, after our London to London. We were just offered very nice flights to London, and back from Madrid (we have a 4 night post cruise booked). We paid for the deviation, as we have for all 3 Regent cruises we've already done. Our final balance for the back to back is due at the end of April. If the cruise doesn't go, the flight deviation expense will be part of the total expense, and Regent will give us what they will. It's a small expense compared to our deposit.

We hope you'll be onboard with us, and that we'll have a great time as we have had on our previous 3 Regent cruises. Last year on December 27, our Voyager cruise stopped at Komodo Island, after a 2 day stop in Bali. We loved it.

This year, we had Viking River offer to rebook us to next year at the same price, same time, same cabin next May (still worrying about it, but we did it, with included flights booked). Our Paul Gauguin Fiji to Bali cruise with pre and post hotels, and premium economy air included from LA, was cancelled back in April by the cruise line about 10 days before our trip. They did not offer a refund. We have a 125 percent future cruise credit, but there are no cruises available for our itinerary. We already needed to rebook again until December next year. We lost money on getting to LAX and back on hotels where we needed to stay getting there and back from Florida, as well as car rental deposits. We still have our Jet Blue credits until the end of next year, so we are hoping for 3 cruises next year.

I'm sure we're all hoping for a better year, with a lot more wonderful cruises.

Hi Swfloak,

Just interested about your flights. Did you get a non stop to London?

Were your post cruise days in Madrid part of a Regent package.....

it sounds wonderful!

We have only been on  one Regent cruise but we were scheduled for

two in 2020 that obviously were canceled. This will be our first time

in Spain, so we are hoping that there’s a charm.

Pat

We have non-stop on American from Miami to London, and from Madrid to Miami on Iberia on the way back.

Since you're in Georgia, you should be able to get a non-stop from Atlanta to London since one was offered to us if we wanted to fly to Atlanta from Florida. I don't know what's available to Atlanta back from Barcelona or Madrid.

We previously did Miami to Barcelona on American in July 2019, and Iberia from Venice to Madrid to Miami on the way back. We were very happy with the flights and service.

Our trip from Barcelona to Madrid is a Regent post cruise excursion called "Journey to the Heart of Spain". It's quite expensive, but it goes to many places in Spain that we haven't been to, but are the type of places we enjoy, and it gives us a one stop flight back to Miami. We've enjoyed the hotels that Regent has booked us in on our other cruises, and we expect that to be the same with this excursion.

Thank you for getting back to me SWFLOAK. I agree with you that we should be able to get good flights since Atlanta is a big hub. I am  waiting to hear back from our TA. Did you book your flights directly with Regent or with a TA? My only concern about this cruise centers around masks and social distancing. We have no desire to fly or be on a ship if it is necessary to wear a mask and keep your distance from people. We will wait until that is no longer a requirement. We follow all the social distancing and mask rules at home but when it comes to travel and spending a lot of $$$$ no way.

• Like 1