Final payment due early January

Mrs Miggins

We only have cruises booked as we moved our 2020 cruises, two non Azamara we moved as far as we could towards 2022. At the time we moved our October 2020 Azamara cruises to September 2021 we were feeling quite optimistic, but would be happy to shift it forward to 2022 when the opportunity opens up.

One of the biggest mistakes last year was to open up holiday travel, too many people took the opportunity to disregard rules, we know locally many youngsters went to Spain didn’t self isolate on return and spread the virus around causing a spike in infection. 

• Like 2

Until I have had both vaccines and I am happy that there are sufficient others vaccinated and that it is a requirement to exhibit vaccination (or medical exemption issued in robust controlled situations only) to board a vessel I will not be cruising.  If that means I have to wait a year, so be it.  I hope to be able to have a vacation in the UK first at sometime in Q2.  We might manage a local night away in Q1.

But most of all I need to see my little grandson who lives only 20 miles away but whom I have not been able to see since early October - that is what is breaking my heart and my will to keep going.

Edited by uktog
  • Like 7

We have a Sept 2021 but last week I booked a similar itinerary for Apr 2022.  Being unsure of what cruising will look like in Sept and wanting to still do this itinerary I thought it might be wise to lock in the 2022 cruise while the rates were “reasonable” instead of waiting to Lift & Shift.  At most I’ll lose $150.  As much as I’d like to cruise in Sept and feel good about the vaccine I don’t know what precautions/rules that will be in place to be able to cruise.

• Like 1

My heart goes out to you UKtog. We couldn’t see our grandkids for over 111 days during our lockdown. The first hug after lockdown and every hug since has been special and another granddaughter was born Monday so we are very happy now.

• Like 4

I had to pay my final balance to my travel agent last Friday 8th January for Azamara Journey cruise 23/04/21. The cruise was cancelled on Tuesday but my Travel Agent is saying that it will take them 10 to 12 weeks to refund my balance payment which they still hold. I have put in a dispute claim with my credit card company. In the meantime Azamara within hours of my online request did a lift and shift to the Quest cruise on 24th April 2022 which is an 8 days cruise instead of the original 7 days cruise. Price, cabin grade and OBC remain the same as originally. The only downside is that Azamara take off the flight and transfer charges so that I am now booked cruise only and will have to book flights and transfers when flights are released by the airlines in June this year.

I have a final payment due in early February for a June Greece cruise.  I'm doubting it will go but they want final payment 120 days out which they probably won't cancel until after final payment.  I already have one 2022 cruise on Celebrity paid in full from a lift and shift past final payment.  I'm not looking to support RCL group with another interest free loan.

Since it's a six night, there's really nothing that qualifies for a L&S next year unless they bend the rules.  Anyone have a crystal ball?  I'm leaning towards the $150 cancellation penalty and moving on to another cruise line.  The other line charges $100 pp penalty but gives a like amount in FCC.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

31 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

I have a final payment due in early February for a June Greece cruise.  I'm doubting it will go but they want final payment 120 days out which they probably won't cancel until after final payment.  I already have one 2022 cruise on Celebrity paid in full from a lift and shift past final payment.  I'm not looking to support RCL group with another interest free loan.

Since it's a six night, there's really nothing that qualifies for a L&S next year unless they bend the rules.  Anyone have a crystal ball?  I'm leaning towards the $150 cancellation penalty and moving on to another cruise line.  The other line charges $100 pp penalty but gives a like amount in FCC.

Why not do what we did last year, cancel the cruise take the deposit as a FCC and then you can use it to book a cruise further out into the future.

4 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

You can go for a 7 night cruise as Lift and Shift allows + or - 1 day. I have shifted mine to an 8 night instead of the original 7 at no extra cost.

Just now, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

You can go for a 7 night cruise as Lift and Shift allows + or - 1 day. I have shifted mine to an 8 night instead of the original 7 at no extra cost.

Thankx for the suggestion.  Just got off the phone with an Azamara rep. He said there are no lift and shift cruises available to me for my booked cruise. 

My only options are to wait until after final payment, let them have my interest free loan by cancelling the cruise and taking the FCC good for 18 months from cancellation or forfeit $150 of my deposit before final payment.  Since I already have two Regent cruises booked for Sept 22 and Jan 23, I don't see where the first option is in my best interest.

So I guess I'll take it to the final payment date, cancel and take the $150 loss. 

17 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Thankx for the suggestion.  Just got off the phone with an Azamara rep. He said there are no lift and shift cruises available to me for my booked cruise. 

My only options are to wait until after final payment, let them have my interest free loan by cancelling the cruise and taking the FCC good for 18 months from cancellation or forfeit $150 of my deposit before final payment.  Since I already have two Regent cruises booked for Sept 22 and Jan 23, I don't see where the first option is in my best interest.

So I guess I'll take it to the final payment date, cancel and take the $150 loss. 

Have you tried doing a lift and shift online which lists which cruises you can switch to. This is what I did. Use cancellation.azamara.com

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HalifaxYorksCruiser said:

Have you tried doing a lift and shift online which lists which cruises you can switch to. This is what I did. Use cancellation.azamara.com

Thankx for the suggestion.  However here's the result I got: The reservation number entered is not eligible for the Lift & Shift program. There are no alternate sailings.

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Thankx for the suggestion.  However here's the result I got: The reservation number entered is not eligible for the Lift & Shift program. There are no alternate sailings.

That’s a shame as I got a more expensive cruise for the same money using Lift and Shift.

• Like 1