Covid exposure

Why don't you get an anti-body test and find out; it will tell if you ever had Covid 19 in the past. There was  a different  "covid" virus in the US in January and February  that had a lot of similar symptoms, but it was not Covid-19.

J

We were on the Explorer cruise that ended 3/12/2020 in Miami.  We flew home via Washington National to Seattle without any issues.  Still wondering how lucky we were to be on the last completed cruise.

8 hours ago, sailingthecarib said:

I was tested negative last  spring for covid 19 although I was seriously ill with a virus. Now I am covid 19 positive. Also just curious if any other passengers had the same experience 

Are you saying you took a recent covid test and you were positive or you took a recent antibody test and were positive. Two different tests....

just curious..

sheila

That little bugger is everywhere. We too were on the Explorer Feb/March and we felt perfectly safe. The amount of cleaning etc was even a notch over the great job Regent does at normal times. Handwashing, sanitizer, wiping, all was great. Felt perfectly safe. 

However, then the flight home, cross country, switching planes in Houston, was the scariest part. Wheezing, sneezing, coughing in the plane, in front of you, back of you etc. If we would have caught something, this would have been the place.   Fortunately we didn't get anything on that trip, neither cold, nor Flu, nor Covid.   

Looking forward to cruising again. 

10 hours ago, sailingthecarib said:

I was tested negative last  spring for covid 19 although I was seriously ill with a virus. Now I am covid 19 positive. Also just curious if any other passengers had the same experience 

If you just tested Covid 19 positive, then it's unlikely you had it earlier this year. And I hope you're at home and quarantined until you test negative for Covid 19 so you won't pass it on to others.

There are plenty of viruses other than Covid 19 that you can catch on a cruise or on a plane. While traveling to Singapore from FLL through Dubai last December, we were screened for MERS (a different Covid virus that's endemic in Dubai) at the airport in Singapore as we deplaned. Our temperatures were checked before boarding  Voyager in Singapore, as well as leaving the ship in several other countries. On our "back to back" cruise from Singapore to Sydney, we were screened again since we took a day excursion in Singapore. On our cruise to Sydney, we had many people onboard (mostly from Australia) that were very sick with respiratory illnesses after the first 3 or 4 days, which were at sea, and at 2 stops in Indonesia. Some of them were diagnosed by the doctor onboard with viral pneumonia, but they were not confined to their cabins, as they should have been. I hope Regent is more restrictive about those who become ill onboard in the future, and I believe they will.