Death in Paradise

Solent Richard

This will more than likely be of interest to British cruisers only.

A new series of the popular Caribbean Island police series, Death in Paradise,  starts tomorrow (Thursday) evening at 9.00 pm on the BBC.

It just so happens that the series was the inspiration for my wife and I to take a cruise last  February on MSC Preziosa which  called at Guadeloupe - the island on which the series is filmed.

To mark the start of the new seriesIve written a  review of our day on the island and how we ended up in the Honoré  police station cells...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2021/01/06/death-in-paradise/

I certainly hope it is of interest, we had an amazing day out. 

1832848373_DeathinParadiseSet15.jpg.592eb15d3d130d571861e12158e27d29.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sidari said:

Had a great day out on our second visit to Guadaloupe on Xmas day 2018 with a great guide Jasmine who lives on the Island but is from Germany.

Us too, on your recommendation, February 2019....she was fab. Because we had 2 visits to Guadeloupe, we did DiP on the first Sunday and the other 'butterfly wing' of the island the following Sunday. Both tours were fabulous and, back on board, those who did the ship tour didn't get to see half of what we did....including the truly fab botanical gardens.

We are both DiP fans, and the TV is set for tomorrow night and the new series....can't wait, but it'll be a difficult watch knowing it's gonna be some time till we can return there!

• Like 1

We were on the last Preziosa cruise last March and managed to do the DiP locations (Mirva was our fantastic local guide) on the first Sunday visit to Guadaloupe. We were on a 14 day out of Barbados. The second weekend Guadaloupe (and Martinique) did not allow any disembarkation for tours or transit passengers as France was in lockdown (they are part of France). We were lucky we chose the first weekend to do the DiP/island tour! Hope to return in 2022.............maybe. Beautiful location.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 7:43 PM, sidari said:

Had a great day out on our second visit to Guadaloupe on Xmas day 2018 with a great guide Jasmine who lives on the Island but is from Germany.

Hi Sidari,

Do you have contact details for Jasmine? - we plan to be in Guadeloupe on two Sundays in December on the Seaview and would love to arrange a DIP tour.

Thanks,

Carole

1 hour ago, carolerwo said:

Hi Sidari,

Do you have contact details for Jasmine? - we plan to be in Guadeloupe on two Sundays in December on the Seaview and would love to arrange a DIP tour.

Thanks,

Carole

Not sure if she is still doing the tour's but will contact her and ask for you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2021 at 3:47 PM, carolerwo said:

Thanks so much.

Very excited to be in planning mode again. Guadeloupe and a DiP tour was the deciding factor for booking this cruise.

Just to keep you updated not yet heard back from Jasmine.

On 1/19/2021 at 9:17 PM, carolerwo said:

No worries - still have plenty of time. And there were another couple of guides I can reach out to if she is no longer doing tours.

Hi ... Heard from Jasmine and she is working at another job now, she did pass on details for her friends details who is also a guide, she is called Mirva from Finland and is Guadaloupe guide on fb.

• Like 1

I enjoyed your pictures very much thank you.  In the botanical gardens there is a house, if I recall correctly that was where Richard Poole was murdered with an ice pick?   I didn’t really know what desth in paradise was until I found out Guadeloupe was famous because of that.   So I watched about 3 episodes the week before our holiday and got hooked very quickly.    Have to say Richard was my favorite detective!