Operations Now Paused To May 14, 2021

Syracusefan44

I think there will be further cancellations for UK cruises after the 14th May.  We will not finish vaccinating our adult population till probably the end of summer early autumn if all goes smoothly.  We also have similar entry requirements as Canada.  Must have a negative Covid test less than 72 hours before boarding a flight to UK plus 10 day isolation if not on a travel corridor with UK.  

I personally feel the UK should only allow entry if you have prove of having a Covid vaccination.

No vaccine, no entry.

• Like 2

On 1/11/2021 at 10:16 AM, quakershaker said:

It’s nice that Royal Caribbean is saying that masks will be required outside of cabins unless eating, drinking, or sitting. However, judging by the number of tantrums we see in stores by people refusing to wear masks, I anticipate that many who don’t want to wear masks will just walk around the ship holding a cup and saying that they’re drinking.

And what's the difference vs drinking from a cup?  In Japan it's natural from generations who (sick), when (around others) and how to use protection.  Blindly restricting air flow to one's brain for hours causes real issues that affect entire body and will be reflected by a person's health accordingly in years ahead.  Besides, the major purpose of cruising is to have access to fresh ocean salty air, and restricting that air entry to body's system fades that purpose drastically? Walking your back yard would be a better option for those who practice a such procedure.

On 1/11/2021 at 8:16 AM, quakershaker said:

It’s nice that Royal Caribbean is saying that masks will be required outside of cabins unless eating, drinking, or sitting. However, judging by the number of tantrums we see in stores by people refusing to wear masks, I anticipate that many who don’t want to wear masks will just walk around the ship holding a cup and saying that they’re drinking.

That is pretty much what goes on at airports, and on airplanes.

If you are not going to wear a mask where people gather such as dining areas and bars you may as well not wear one at all.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:33 PM, Tak8 said:

I have a May 22 Caribbean cruise booked.  I doubt I want to be on one of the first cruises to sail, if it even sails.

Same here!!! We have a May 23, 2021 Alaskan cruise booked - moved over from our cancelled May 2020 cruise.  When we booked this one, never ever did we imagine we'd still be in such a mess this far out.  Final payment is due in February, but I hope the cruise is cancelled by PCL.  If it sails, I'm sure masks will be required.  A year ago I would have sailed anywhere, even with a mask.  Now, I'm just SO OVER IT!  😡  But with PCL's more flexible cancel policy right now, we may cancel it ourselves and rebook for 2022.  I'm going to reassess the situation closer to final payment date.  But I have no idea if our FCCs from our booking would carry over if we cancel it.  What a mess.......

13 hours ago, kirtihk said:

Blindly restricting air flow to one's brain for hours causes real issues that affect entire body and will be reflected by a person's health accordingly in years ahead.  Besides, the major purpose of cruising is to have access to fresh ocean salty air, and restricting that air entry to body's system fades that purpose drastically? 

Are you kidding? Where did you you get this misinformation?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don’t anticipate that I will cruise before 2023. I’m not convinced that any cruises will leave from the US this year. Significant numbers of people will probably not be vaccinated until the end of this year. I’d like to see a year of safe cruising before I’m back on board.