More then one FCC

flcruisechick16

Hey everyone, I have a quick question regarding FCC. We were booked on a 7 day Apex sailing Nov 2020 that was canceled by Celebrity. We chose FCC for our deposit and then rolled that into a May 2021 9 night sailing. I had to add an additional $400 deposit since that was a longer cruise.  That May cruise has since be canceled since it is a 9 day. My TA told me that if I were to get a FCC on the second cruise for the $400 it cannot be combined with the $500 from my original cruise and that only 1 set of FCC can be used per sailing. Has anyone else been told this? It doesn't make sense to me. I can't see any way how we would be able to get 2 cruises in before next May so hoping that is not the case. Thanks so much for any input you can provide. 

Caroline

Edited by flcruisechick16

Your TA is correct, 1 FCC per person per cruise. It's clearly stated on the website:

Please note only one Future Cruise Credit may be used by each person on the reservation.

Edited by Fouremco

10 hours ago, flcruisechick16 said:

Hey everyone, I have a quick question regarding FCC. We were booked on a 7 day Apex sailing Nov 2020 that was canceled by Celebrity. We chose FCC for our deposit and then rolled that into a May 2021 9 night sailing. I had to add an additional $400 deposit since that was a longer cruise.  That May cruise has since be canceled since it is a 9 day. My TA told me that if I were to get a FCC on the second cruise for the $400 it cannot be combined with the $500 from my original cruise and that only 1 set of FCC can be used per sailing. Has anyone else been told this? It doesn't make sense to me. I can't see any way how we would be able to get 2 cruises in before next May so hoping that is not the case. Thanks so much for any input you can provide. 

Caroline

Just another reason to take the refund, so you don't need to deal with arbitrary rules.  You should at least be able to get a refund for your additional $400.

Yes I think the smart thing to do at this point would be to take the $400 refund and only have the 1 $500 FCC.

Only thing that doesn't make sense is if you took FCC for the first cruise $500 deposit wouldn't that have applied $625 (125%) toward the new $900 deposit?   Only reason I ask is if it was only $500 maybe they just transferred the deposit in which case I would think you would be entitled to a refund of the $900 deposit or just get 1 FCC.

The other option would be to cancel using CwC up to 48 hrs before the sailing and you would get 1 FCC at 100%

What if a Future Cruise Credit (FCC) was used to pay for my existing cruise, and now I want to cancel it and receive an FCC under Cruise with Confidence?

If a Future Cruise Credit was used to pay for either all or a portion of your existing reservation, we are making it easy for you by combining all funds into one FCC. The value of the original FCC will now be added to the new FCC at 100% of its original value, plus the addition of any amount paid. Regardless of the original FCC’s expiration date, the new FCC is valid through May 4, 2022, at which time all unused funds will expire, for sailings departing on or before May 4, 2022.