Protocols and embarkation procedures once cruising starts again

beachbum53

14 minutes ago, bitemyfly said:

Apologies, here in Florida when you make your first appointment you are given the date for the second dose . They also give you a card with the second dose date, time and location .

However I understand that many people were not showing up for second shot, and it was traced back to out of state visitors  coming getting it.. looks like they are shutting that down today 

Just wondering how/why the discrepancy from state to state on the amount of doses.

And the procedures to get it done.

.They did give him paper on being vaccinated just said they would text my wife when it becomes available 

47 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Just wondering how/why the discrepancy from state to state on the amount of doses.

And the procedures to get it done.

.They did give him paper on being vaccinated just said they would text my wife when it becomes available 

Yes and agree , I understand differences at first , but by now you would think the governors would understand   what works and what doesn’t .

I think you had some that got doses and just filled all appointments and hope the supply chain improves  and others that reserved 2 doses per  appointment .

I understand that West Virginia leads the country with vaccines in arms per capita .. they elected to take it out of local gov hands and work directly with local pharmacies ..

i have had 3 cruises cancelled and i know now that the one i have in December will be altered.  Truth is regardless of how crappy we are doing with Covid in this country, a first world country, we sail to 3rd world countries about 40 percent of the time, and where are they on the vaccine? 

It has to stop being about "me", and it has to be about "us".

• Like 2

I guess the next issue the cruise lines may have to address is the mandatory quarantine that's coming in for any international traveler coming into the US.    This may affect bookings, cancellations, extra paperwork or much longer disembarkation through customs?    Hard to say but its possible.

On 1/23/2021 at 7:34 PM, Shih-tzu said:

I guess the next issue the cruise lines may have to address is the mandatory quarantine that's coming in for any international traveler coming into the US.    This may affect bookings, cancellations, extra paperwork or much longer disembarkation through customs?    Hard to say but its possible.

As long as mandatory quarantines are in place, there will be no cruising.  It is difficult to imagine how that would work otherwise.

• Like 1