ALLURE ON THE MOVE AGAIN

There's a mighty big hole in the middle of that boat.  They could lower that crate all the way back down to Starbucks without opening a hatch.  From there, it's just a skylight away from the ice rink.  Open a hatch in the rink, and you're below the waterline.  Maybe they're replacing engine parts.

On 1/25/2021 at 2:04 PM, twangster said:

Rumor has it she is picking up supplies and workers in PC to do something on board.  Friends staying at a local hotel bumped into some workers last night who were also staying at the hotel waiting for Allure to arrive this morning.  They didn't say what they were going to work on.  

Read that on another Social Media site also.  Allure is still in Port C but she's supposed to be near or at Coco Cay last year.  Watching her on the webcam-- she's still in Port C.  

In addition to workers, there were cranes to lift up materials and some people saw heavy equipment on the top deck.  Hope it's to make upgrades comply with the CDC Conditional Sail Order.  We have 3 cruises booked on her.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, twangster said:

They may have needed to replace some plants in Central Park.  Moving the ship between continents can lead to some vegetation not doing well in a different climate or not meeting agricultural requirements.   

I would expect she would need replanting -- although she took a southern route when she did her transAtlantic.  

1 hour ago, Teeara said:

Do you want to go with box #1 or shrink wrapped pallet for #2?  Or you can walk away with $100 cash.  Which will it be?

🤣Will take either as long as they are used to get the ship ready for my cruises (and hopefully in compliance with the CDC regulations).  

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2021 at 11:00 AM, island lady said:

Yeah, but I have a sinking feeling (no pun intended) that my May cruises will not go.  Not looking good as far as I can see with restart...IMHO.

That puts my next scheduled cruise as B2B on Harmony 11/29.  

I was supposed to turn Pinnie last May.  So much for that.  It's like chasing that carrot on a string...if and when I finally get to cruise again...that next cruise is turn time.  😉 

Pat -- I agree May is iffy -- we're booked on her on July 11, Aug. 22 and Oct. 31 so at least one of these should operate.  

Are you sailing Harmony on 12-5-2021?  We are.  

You and Bucky are close enough to visit Allure if you go to Port C -- lots of good pictures of her from Grills.  I think she will be there until tonight or tomorrow.  

Depending on what cruises operate, we should make P in early 2022 with the double points.  RCI extended this promotion until 9-30-2022.  

2 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Pat -- I agree May is iffy -- we're booked on her on July 11, Aug. 22 and Oct. 31 so at least one of these should operate.  

Are you sailing Harmony on 12-5-2021?  We are.  

You and Bucky are close enough to visit Allure if you go to Port C -- lots of good pictures of her from Grills.  I think she will be there until tonight or tomorrow.  

Depending on what cruises operate, we should make P in early 2022 with the double points.  RCI extended this promotion until 9-30-2022.  

Yes we are on 12/5 with you!!  Well...supposedly.  😉  Hope to "sea" you there!  Will be 2nd leg of our B2B with 11/28.  

Yes, Allure has been here for a couple of days now.  We were going to try to go see her, but we are deep in the middle of bathroom #2 remodel.  Just finished the unplanned guest bath remodel...just in time to have lost use of the main bathroom.  😮 

If...and big if...we EVER get to cruise again...that next cruise is when we turn Pinnie.  Talk about carrot on a stick!  Was supposed to have turned last May on Grandeur.  

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yes we are on 12/5 with you!!  Well...supposedly.  😉  Hope to "sea" you there!  Will be 2nd leg of our B2B with 11/28.  

Yes, Allure has been here for a couple of days now.  We were going to try to go see her, but we are deep in the middle of bathroom #2 remodel.  Just finished the unplanned guest bath remodel...just in time to have lost use of the main bathroom.  😮 

If...and big if...we EVER get to cruise again...that next cruise is when we turn Pinnie.  Talk about carrot on a stick!  Was supposed to have turned last May on Grandeur.  

That's fabulous.  We can't wait to see you.  

Bath remodels are stressful.  Chuck wants to have the jetted garden tub made into a big shower but I don't think he could handle the commotion.  And we have other projects -- need to clean the office so we can put vinyl in here but having trouble with motivation.  

We are 120 points away from Pinnacle.  Lost 70 points from the 5 cruises cancelled so far.  Double points will help.  That would be 4 points per night -- JS.  We are booked on Allure for July, August and October.  If these and December 5 holds, we will be Pinnacle after our January HM cruise.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Bath remodels are stressful.  Chuck wants to have the jetted garden tub made into a big shower but I don't think he could handle the commotion.  And we have other projects -- need to clean the office so we can put vinyl in here but having trouble with motivation.  

We are 120 points away from Pinnacle.  Lost 70 points from the 5 cruises cancelled so far.  Double points will help.  That would be 4 points per night -- JS.  We are booked on Allure for July, August and October.  If these and December 5 holds, we will be Pinnacle after our January HM cruise.  

Hi Sherri,  JUst read your post and guess will be sailing some together. We have had 12 cancelled and have Allure and three others in May but not feeling real good about them. Will be on allure 5-23, 7-18, 8-1,8-29 and doing   4 BTB in Oct and hope to make Pinnacle on 10-24.   Nancy & Bob Villages , Florida

18 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

Congrats on getting close to the Pinnie club.  Hopefully...someday...we can begin our love of cruising life again soon.  🙂  

That is our next project, the "early american yard sale 😜" office set up.  Soon to be next demo time!  Tear up old carpet, paint, put down "wood look" tile, and do all new shelves, and a pair of desk combos.  

I hear ya' on the cancellations.  I am at 28 cancellations to date...and fully expect to lose the three I have booked for May.  One is an overlap with Mariner on the 10th"...knowing the Hawaii 11 night will be cancelled.  If RCI pulls their usual "make your final...THEN we will cancel"...I will cancel day of final payment.  No intention to give them yet another short term no interest loan.      

13 hours ago, villager70 said:

Hi Sherri,  JUst read your post and guess will be sailing some together. We have had 12 cancelled and have Allure and three others in May but not feeling real good about them. Will be on allure 5-23, 7-18, 8-1,8-29 and doing   4 BTB in Oct and hope to make Pinnacle on 10-24.   Nancy & Bob Villages , Florida

Nancy and Bob -- Sounds like we'll be with you on 10-31-2021 on Allure.  We seem to be disembarking Allure from the ship for our 7-11 and 8-22 cruises on your embarkation days -- 7-18 & 8-29.  We are getting close to Pinnacle and if we sail all of 2021 cruises, we will become P after our January 15, 2022 Harmony cruise.  It looks like the cancellations have set back both of our marches to Pinnacle.