Saga Cruises now require a Vaccine to sail. Should Celebrity follow?

york survey

On 1/27/2021 at 7:57 AM, yorky said:

I still question how it could be enforced. They can’t access your medical records and anything on paper could easily be forged. Letter from your doctor ? That not really going to happen on that scale. A stamp in your passport, nope don’t see that.

Is your average Joe Cruiser really going to start forging medical documents? Perhaps, but I think it would be easier to just get the jab. Once this becomes a more common requirement for travel, there will be some sort of official document in place, even if it varies by country. They manage it now for countries who require certain vaccination for entrance. I assume it will be similar. The process will reveal itself in time.

Edited by sydbarrett
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This vaccine to my understanding does not prevent you from getting covid, it protects you from a serious case or deaths from covid so my question is why if someone does not get the vaccine should they not be allowed to travel? It is them taking the risk not those of you who are vaccinated. Even with the vaccine this virus could still run the ship, hopefully not as seriously. You will still have as much chance of getting this virus as those who do not, just will not have as bad of a case. Not understanding people getting forced to vaccinate before travel.

42 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

This vaccine to my understanding does not prevent you from getting covid, it protects you from a serious case or deaths from covid so my question is why if someone does not get the vaccine should they not be allowed to travel? It is them taking the risk not those of you who are vaccinated. Even with the vaccine this virus could still run the ship, hopefully not as seriously. You will still have as much chance of getting this virus as those who do not, just will not have as bad of a case. Not understanding people getting forced to vaccinate before travel.

I think the main thing is enough of a percentage of people getting vaccinated that the case numbers drop to very low levels. Of course the higher the risk the bigger disruption for everyone on board so in effect it does actually effect everyone on board. Let’s say 300 passengers get onboard without being vaccinated, they have zero protection from the virus and if they contract it they are likely to suffer more seriously. A high percentage of those vaccinated are immune so not at risk to others that have also being vaccinated, even if a few have contracted the virus in theory they will only infect those without the protection. We all know what’s going to happen to that cruise from an outbreak. Personally I’ve no idea what the big fuss is about not getting it. Everyone in our project got it, it was an hour out of their work day which they were paid for, and everyone is fine, no big deal.

• Like 2