Carnival Execs Dumping Stock

Livin4Real

Nothing new, they always buy/sell shares this time of year for tax purposes.  That site is nothing but an anti cruise ambulance chaser.  He had an article that was false as I was on the cruise he was writing about and when I called him out for his mistruths, he blocked me from his Facebook page.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There's a thread floating around about Arison selling a bunch of his shares a while back, but according to others, it was a drop in the bucket compared to how many he has left. People see this and immediately assume bankruptcy is coming. If the execs knew it was, and were selling their stocks because of it, it'd be an obvious case of insider information. I don't think they'd be that blatant knowing the trouble it'd cause them.

• Like 2

Contrary to popular belief, the rich do not always have hordes of cash lying around. Only a very small fraction of their net worth is cash. The bulk of their pay is in stock, tying their money to their companies' performance. When they want more cash, they need to sell the stock. "News" organizations love to point out these transactions, and tie them into unrelated dealings.

• Like 1

I saw the form 4 for Carnival LLC insiders selling shares. There was a distribution of shares to officers, and some people sold a fraction of their shares. This is often done for portfolio balancing, estate planning, or tax planning. It is not dumping in any sense of the word. There has been no major management changes, and the company is very solvent. They are doing everything possible to safely resume operations.