How can I see if Carnival transferred credit to my account?

Trash Queen

39 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

I don't think fcc is listed on the website.

You'd have to call or book a cruise and have it added.

Thanks.  Princess has something called, "My Account", and on one page it lists the FCCs, etc.  Really easy.  Thanks again

Charlotte

42 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

I don't think fcc is listed on the website.

You'd have to call or book a cruise and have it added.

They don't have a place where they list the FCCs to your account from cancelled cruises?  If not, no wonder they are so overburdened as they say on a cancellation notice.

Charlotte

As a side note,  when monies are used on Carnival via gift card and a refund is due, Carnival mails you a new card via FedEx.  

On the other hand, Princess reloads the card in question that could have been thrown away if it has a zero balance.  Carnival's process is more streamlined and Princess's could be very frustrating. 

26 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

As a side note,  when monies are used on Carnival via gift card and a refund is due, Carnival mails you a new card via FedEx.  

On the other hand, Princess reloads the card in question that could have been thrown away if it has a zero balance.  Carnival's process is more streamlined and Princess's could be very frustrating. 

Not talking about gift cards.  They cancelled our cruise and made an offer of additional FCC's and onboard credit if we left our money with them.  When Princess did the same, I could tell when all that FCC had been deposited to my account so I could credit it to the future cruise.  I can't find that place to tell what's in my account with Carnival.

Charlotte

I am in the same boat. I cannot find my future cruise credits online. I would think it would be attached to the record locator or perhaps the VIFP number. Every other place I trust with my funds either sends me a statement or has a way to see my position online. I have not had even an email saying where the funds are kept until I find a cruise that will not be cancelled. I am not suggesting anything nefarious is going on in Miami, but who would not like to know? 

You will never see any FCC online with Carnival. The credit stays on the originally cancelled booking and once you're ready to apply it to another cruise, you need to call Carnival, your PVP or travel agent. Simply using your booking number, ship and sail date and they will apply it for you. 

Other than that, no written confirmation. 

HAL also has FCC (original fare) and any bonus (25%) listed with OBC in a separate field.  Very easy to see what you have available.

I'm tracking everything on a spreadsheet (and I think I'm at somewhere between 8 and 10 cancellations so far with the same number of re-bookings (most of which are re-bookings of re-bookings).

I'm an accountant and use spreadsheets for everything and I'm still just slightly lost.  Just had my Med/TA for October cancelled (which were re-bookings from 2020) and re-booked for 2022.  Now to try to figure out from my confirmations whether the correct amounts were transferred to the latest bookings.

I have submitted the online form to receive FCC from a canceled cruise.  The email I received says that they're processing them as quickly as they can.  I would hope that they would at least send an email when it has been processed.

I have always booked straight from the Carnival website.  Does anyone have any experience using the FCC while booking on the website?  I'm  not really opposed to calling, but it's a hoop I would just as soon not jump through.

On our first cruise we got an FCC due to an incident where we were forced to miss a port.  I was able to take care of it all online.

Do you have to pay the deposit when you book?

Edited by LoungingMcCoy
other question

9 hours ago, Moviela said:

I am in the same boat. I cannot find my future cruise credits online. I would think it would be attached to the record locator or perhaps the VIFP number. Every other place I trust with my funds either sends me a statement or has a way to see my position online. I have not had even an email saying where the funds are kept until I find a cruise that will not be cancelled. I am not suggesting anything nefarious is going on in Miami, but who would not like to know? 

Actually, I think we're not in a boat; it we were in a boat, we wouldn't be trying to figure out when our credits are applied to us.  LOL

2 hours ago, LoungingMcCoy said:

I have submitted the online form to receive FCC from a canceled cruise.  The email I received says that they're processing them as quickly as they can.  I would hope that they would at least send an email when it has been processed.

I have always booked straight from the Carnival website.  Does anyone have any experience using the FCC while booking on the website?  I'm  not really opposed to calling, but it's a hoop I would just as soon not jump through.

On our first cruise we got an FCC due to an incident where we were forced to miss a port.  I was able to take care of it all online.

I believe you do have to pay the deposit, but right now they have very reduced deposits.  We had had a 5 day cruise out of San Diego booked, and I went ahead and re-booked a 7 day out of Long Beach.  They moved the ships, but didn't just move us over.  The new booking is more than the cancelled one, so it will work out whenever I can transfer the credit.  I still think it's weird that, for all being the same corporation, their accounting and websites are so different.

2 hours ago, LoungingMcCoy said:

My understanding is you need to call to have fcc applied.

The pay a new deposit question depends on the person you get when you call. If you book off the site you'd have to pay the deposit then still call to apply fcc.

Suggested here a few times has been book on site then put the cruise on hold then call with the booking numbers.

In my case my rebook was a few $s cheaper and still had to pay about 68bucks more deposit/balance which turned into 70bucks of obc.

Edited by Sailin_Pirate

4 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

HAL also has FCC (original fare) and any bonus (25%) listed with OBC in a separate field.  Very easy to see what you have available.

I'm tracking everything on a spreadsheet (and I think I'm at somewhere between 8 and 10 cancellations so far with the same number of re-bookings (most of which are re-bookings of re-bookings).

I'm an accountant and use spreadsheets for everything and I'm still just slightly lost.  Just had my Med/TA for October cancelled (which were re-bookings from 2020) and re-booked for 2022.  Now to try to figure out from my confirmations whether the correct amounts were transferred to the latest bookings.

This is my first Carnival cruise to be cancelled; have cruised with them many times, but not during this period.  Princess, on the other hand, has cancelled 6 cruises I'd booked, including one for next July and another for next October.  I can see exactly where my FCC was deposited to my account, transferred to a booking, and how much is left for another booking.  Much, much easier!

Charlotte

3 minutes ago, Sailin_Pirate said:

My understanding is you need to call to have fcc applied.

The pay a new deposit question depends on the person you get when you call. If you book off the site you'd have to pay the deposit then still call to apply fcc.

Suggested here a few times has been book on site then put the cruise on hold then call with the booking numbers.

In my case my rebook was a few $s cheaper and still had to pay about 68bucks more deposit/balance which turned into 70bucks of obc.

Good strategy and good to know.

Thanks,

Charlotte