Yet another FCC question

So very sorry to ask yet another FCC question.  I really did read the fine print on the website!

If we pay off a cruise, using $500 from our Royal Caribbean credit card, and Royal Caribbean cancels the cruise, they will give us that $500 in FCC, to put on another cruise, correct (or actually $625 because of the 125%, correct?)

Thank you.

Nancy

Edited by nancy2vues

2 minutes ago, nancy2vues said:

So very sorry to ask yet another FCC question.  I really did read the fine print on the website!

If we pay off a cruise, using $500 from our Royal Caribbean credit card, and Royal Caribbean cancels the cruise, they will give us that $500 in FCC, to put on another cruise, correct (or actually $625 because of the 1.25%, correct?)

Thank you.

Nancy

Was it $500 reward $ or a $500 charge that you used the credit card for. 

Okay, thank you!  I have been debating about paying off a June cruise and I had planned to use some of my credit card rewards to do so.  If I do pay it off instead of moving the deposit, I will not use the credit card rewards and gain the 125% by using actual $$.  Lift and Shift will not be an option because of the Scandinavian routes/calendar for next year. 

I appreciate your time. This helps a lot.

Nancy

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, little britain said:

@Ourusualbeach remind me please: if I paid for a 2021 cruise with a FCC that originally expired in Dec 2020 and the cruise gets cancelled, what will the new FCC expiry date be? 

The original FCC was not issued for any COVID related reasons 

You will have to call to be sure.  Non Covid related FCC’s from before March 2020 are treated differently. 

• Thanks 1