Celebrity help to choose ship - newbie questions

loecki1976

Hi Guys,

unfortunately we had to skip our Equinox Cruise twice due to the pandemic. So now we are thinking about booking a "next try" far later. 

Side effect - my son will go to college and we can celebrate 20th anniversary. :-) 

Would you be spo kind too help us choosing the right one?

Choices are Apex or reflection / both carribean cruises

- Apex looks nice and modern / stylish, but would choose SV, I dont like the windows / "infinite veranda"

- On Reflection we would choose, for the same money, Aqua Class A1. Maye it will be refurbished, maybe not, bothe looks are nice. We chose equinox for the cruise before knowing of the revolution.

So my questions are:

- What would you do? Is Blu on Reflection worth the extra money or Standard Main dining on Apex / Edge also ok? Persian Garden / Apex Spa could be booked with day pass, right?

If Reflection, would you go with a humped balcony like 1610 or 1605?

There are two reflection itineries: Nassau / Grand Cayman / Ocho Rios / Cozumel or NAssau / St. Thomas / St. Maarten. We like Beaches and snorkeling, no Tours. :-)

Apex has one itinery - San Juan / Tortola / St. Kitts

I am sorry for asking so much. But you know, so much time to plan, no vacation in 2020, it´s horrible. :-)

Thank you so much.

Best from Germany and sorry for my english

Martin

Aqua on Reflection is worth some extra money. The smaller and less rushed dining room Blu is great. It’s your decision how much more you are willing to pay for it. 

I would go with an A2 instead of an A1. On S class the A2s have a better location without an overhang. We try to get a stateroom under the Persian garden or salon. They are very quiet.

We have sailed on Edge and absolutely loved the ship. And despite being huge fans of Blu and Aqua class, we would not book it on Edge class. We absolutely loved the 4 dining room concept. They are smaller, food and the special dishes were great and we enjoyed the choice and change. Normandy became our favorite. We did not miss Blu at all!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, loecki1976 said:

Hi Guys,

unfortunately we had to skip our Equinox Cruise twice due to the pandemic. So now we are thinking about booking a "next try" far later. 

Side effect - my son will go to college and we can celebrate 20th anniversary. 🙂

Would you be spo kind too help us choosing the right one?

Choices are Apex or reflection / both carribean cruises

- Apex looks nice and modern / stylish, but would choose SV, I dont like the windows / "infinite veranda"

- On Reflection we would choose, for the same money, Aqua Class A1. Maye it will be refurbished, maybe not, bothe looks are nice. We chose equinox for the cruise before knowing of the revolution.

So my questions are:

- What would you do? Is Blu on Reflection worth the extra money or Standard Main dining on Apex / Edge also ok? Persian Garden / Apex Spa could be booked with day pass, right?

If Reflection, would you go with a humped balcony like 1610 or 1605?

There are two reflection itineries: Nassau / Grand Cayman / Ocho Rios / Cozumel or NAssau / St. Thomas / St. Maarten. We like Beaches and snorkeling, no Tours. 🙂

Apex has one itinery - San Juan / Tortola / St. Kitts

I am sorry for asking so much. But you know, so much time to plan, no vacation in 2020, it´s horrible. 🙂

Thank you so much.

Best from Germany and sorry for my english

Martin

For your first cruise, I would go with Reflection.  It is a great ship and we have sailed in Aqua Class several times on her.  Blu is definitely worth the extra money as the food could be described as more "made to order".  It comes out hot and you can make requests.  A bonus of staying in Aqua is that the Persian Garden is included.  

If snorkeling is really important, then I would choose the ports included on the Apex.  I have found the snoring better on Tortola and St. Kitts.  

The A2's toward the aft do have overhangs.  I have stayed in that area over and over.

Enjoy!

Edited by keesar

We were on the Edge and Reflection many times, and scheduled again.  It really depends.  We love the Reflection.  Great easy ship layout- love the rooftop garden and lawn club grill- our favorite sp restaurant. And many love the porch.  Service excellent and we love the suite class on the ship as the lounge is great and perks wonderful.

The edge/apex is very modern.  Didn't like the Infinite balcony.  very clostrophobic.  AQ is an infinite balcony on those ships.  Really enjoyed suite class as the suite sun deck is excellent as is all of the suite perks.  You cannot go wrong with either ship.  Enjoy

Thank you so much for your advice. Good thing: Cant do wrong.😇

We‘ll book the Reflection and chose 1550 in A1, pretty awesome view and next to the spa.

Does the bridge cause some shades to our balcony? I would say “no”, just to feel better.

But I have to think about the itineries. 
I - at the moment - prefer Cozumel / Ocho Rios / Grand Cayman / Nassau. The other Route sails just 3 ports, including San Juan in the evening which seems pretty much not what we are looking for. Would beside that love to go to St maarten or St Thomas.

But I think Nassau with Pearl Island and Grand Cayman with 7 mile beach will also meet our expectations.😎

If you have anything else that might help us, it will be much appreciated

Thanks to everybody, pretty cooler here with direct an friendly help. 👍

Edited by loecki1976

Hello Martin,

Because you are going to the Caribbean, I offer APEX SV (sunset veranda?).  If you are able to get an SV (close to centre) then grab it as they book quickly.   If it were any where else I would choose a revolutionized Solstice Class ship - still my favourite.

APEX:

*. SV has larger (longer) stateroom & balcony - both elongated, deck has covered area.  I have stayed in 10280 & 11274.

*. Staterooms are far superior to AQ - technology, bed, linens, bathroom +++

*  Outside deck/pool area - nicer, more chairs & space

*. Solarium - huge

*  4 Restaurants - I agree, you would not miss Blu.

*  Cons:  interior public space for relaxation is very limited and seating is not very comfortable

REFLECTION:

*. AQ - choose location very, very carefully as to what is located above.  Use CC spreadsheet to check stateroom comments

*  AQ restaurant BLU is nice but not to the standard is once was (cost cutting)

*  How much time would you really spend in the Persian Gardens?  You are in the Caribbean!!! 

*  If it had been revolutionized, I would choose a great veranda cabin and spend the extra $ on specialty restaurants and great wine.

ENJOY!

Edited by time-to-sail
  • Like 1

Thanks to all of you.

We are just not sure with one last issue.

We are in the beginning 40s and would also like to do some fun / party. Not everyday, but once or twice.

Does the reflection also have the silent disco or some party spot ?
And is the average age on Edge / Apex comparable to Reflection?

Thank you.