Grand Class sailing in the 90s. Some things have changed, while some haven't. (Video)

CineGraphic

Thanks for sharing that blast from the past! 😊 Coincidentally I’m wearing my 2000 tank-top shirt with their “Grand Class Cruising” phrase like in the video.

Having previously only cruised on smaller 600-700 passenger ships I was very hesitant to sail on a behemoth 2600 passenger ship. Surprisingly our experience was that we felt less crowded & enjoyed the additional spaces, activities & our first balcony cabin.

The only person I recognized who is still working for Princess is Maître d’ Generoso Mazzone. We had the pleasure of sailing with Commodore Moulin several times however he’s retired.

I remember the days of a 24 hour buffet but not a menu with table service. We took their certified scuba excursion in St Thomas which has gone the way of the midnight buffet & other activities which have been replaced with other enjoyable activities.

Astro Flyer;  I too remember when they had the midnight buffet's;  people would set their alarms to wake up at 11:55;  didn't want to miss the buffet with all the chocolate fountains and ice carvings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1