Sewing for cruises

mips

Does anyone sew a capsule wardrobe for a cruise?  What would be in yours? Any favorite patterns? 

I am so very sick of sewing masks and need inspiration.  We are hoping (its booked, everything crossed) to do a Caribbean B2B2B in December and was thinking this could be a fun project to build a little anticipation. 

• Like 1

I don't know what a capsule wardrobe is but I don't even buy new clothes for a vacation. Well, I did buy a pair of lined, waterproof boot for a trip to Iceland in December a few years ago. And it was warmer than Seattle where flew out of.

PS: We used to live at the lake. Y'all really got a dump, didn't you?????

I no longer sew, but I've been buying new cruise clothes like crazy!  All the charity stores here have had so many donations, from individuals and from stores, that one is even selling all clothing for 99 cents each.  I just buy whatever I might want (great charity that I want to support); I've acquired several cocktail dresses, white pants, crushed velvet pants, swimsuit coverups, and lots of tops.  I can't wait to wear them on a cruise!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, clo said:

PS: We used to live at the lake. Y'all really got a dump, didn't you?????

Dumped and Dumped and Dumped. But no more forecast YAYE!

I dont NEED new clothes either, unless I lose weight LOL

• Haha 1

mips, You might also be interested in the post "Cruise fashions of the past", as there is some discussion, and pictures, of retro sewing patterns and ideas.  Inspiration even for a no-longer-sewing person like me!  I believe you when you say you are tired of making masks.

Re a capsule wardrobe, it looks like mine is shaping up to be mainly black and white.  I've always been drawn to separates (hard to fit), and I like interchangeable, so the pieces are accumulating as I find them.  Our preferred cruise line (MSC) has a White Night, so I make sure I have something to wear for that.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 9:44 PM, shipgeeks said:

I no longer sew, but I've been buying new cruise clothes like crazy!  All the charity stores here have had so many donations, from individuals and from stores, that one is even selling all clothing for 99 cents each.  I just buy whatever I might want (great charity that I want to support); I've acquired several cocktail dresses, white pants, crushed velvet pants, swimsuit coverups, and lots of tops.  I can't wait to wear them on a cruise!

Charity shops are a good source of formal/evening wear, lots of designer bargains to be had especially if the shops are in a well heeled area. 😊

• Like 3