Viking River Cruise Ship Cabins

travelingman

Do any of you see any difference in being in a French Balcony D versus a French Balcony C?  I know they are on a different deck and the French Balcony D has some mid-ship cabins while the French Balcony C cabins are only toward the rear.  Do you believe the difference in the decks has any affect on the choice of cabins?

Thanks.

Stan

On 2/12/2021 at 2:45 PM, caradara said:

Depending on the tide level when docked the lower decks may have a view of the wall of the dock.

Regardless of where your cabin is, with double and triple docking you might well end up with a view into the cabin opposite you. One thing our friends mentioned with their Viking cabin on the lowest level, as the water level was really low, it sounded to them like rocks from the river bed were being stirred up as we sailed and it was very noisy from that.

We're looking at Viking Hermod on the Rhine for August 2022. Would a cabin under the walking track result in noise?

We've cruised many ocean liners and always get sandwiched between cabin decks to avoid noise from Promenade, Lido and other decks that generally generate noise.  Sorry, but this will be our first river sailing. TIA. Enjoy.

31 minutes ago, knoxclone said:

I don't think you will need to be concerned about the noise, we were in staterooms on  300 level on our last two VR 2 cruises and did not hear anything. 

Excellent, we were thinking/hoping that would be the case. Not exactly like being under Lido on a mega ship. Hope all is well in Knoxville, we're just down the road in Atlanta.  Appreciate the info. Enjoy!

From what I have heard (haven't sailed with Viking, and our cruise didn't make the request, but no one was jogging if I recall from early mornings up on the top), they do request that you don't run around until a certain time.  Don't forget, breakfast is early (7-7:30 start) so excursions can leave around 8:00, so you are usually up fairly early anyway.

I wake up at 6AM and was stopped from going to the top deck to walk in order to keep it quiet for those below.  So quiet time was enforced.  We were often already docked so I'd just take my coffee and walk onshore.