Island Princess for September 25th 2021 European Capitals Oktoberfest itinerary

gvre

Since the pandemic Princess has cancelled 6 cruises on us. We pay cash for our cruises and get a better deal. We got our cash back on a couple of the cruises but rest we got FCC and credit to a future cruise.

We booked a mini on the Island for September 25th 2021 European Capitals Oktoberfest itinerary   and paid nothing except port fees. Got a killers deal on business class from LAX to London on American Airlines. We both have received the Moderna Vaccine. 

Honestly do you think there is a chance do this cruise? I know it’s like asking who will win the Super Bowel but your thought would be appreciated.

We want to get on a ship so bad.

Thanks

Debbie and Richard

Edited by gvre

• gvre changed the title to Island Princess for September 25th 2021 European Capitals Oktoberfest itinerary

OOOHHHH - is there a prize for having super bowels because I will win!

To your question - I was uber confident that cruising would resume by mid summer in short form and be up and running full length itineraries by Sept (well, at least 7 day ones in N America).  News of the various vaccines being rolled out en mass was bolstering my confidence.  But my confidence has been waning this month.  I am down to about 40% confident that regular full itinerary cruises (with masks and possibly excursion restrictions) will be going by Sept in Europe and North America (even less confident for Australia and NZ - where more likely any cruises would be bubble restricted for both ports and passengers).  There are just so many pieces to these puzzles, including being tested and quarantined on the way there and back.  Plus there is the question of obtaining proper medical insurance if travel is not recommended by the government.  And so many governments involved in opening up ports again - and governments are not known for efficiency and speedy decision making.

Ask me next month and it may drop further.  I hope not - we have a couple cruises for November that we are really hoping wont be cancelled.

Don

• Like 3

I was also very sure that cruising will be back by that time buy unfortunatly the restrictions only got worst. Well, currently, as people are being vaccinated, we are seeing sign towards reducing all of those limitations and stuff. I really hope to go on cruise vacation this summer 

I think that late September you might have a chance, probably about 50:50, but at this stage it really is too early to say.

I certainly wouldn't book anything more than a refundable deposit on any element of your trip.   

I sure also agree that my optimism is waning. We had three cancelled for ‘21 so dropped back and booked 1/22.  I thought that one would be a certainty but jeez now I’m just finger crossing. PS. I love the cruise you’re taking and hope to do that in ‘23, not ‘22 — waiting for them to put “Paris” back in the itinerary.  Really want to go on the Normandy battleground excursion.

18 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

We are booked on this same cruise -- we had a very similar cruise cancelled in 2020 (that one also included stops in Paris and Aarhus).  I am not very optimistic it will sail.

We had that cruise also cancelled. Hopefully we will be on board!

Thanks for all the opinions!

Edited by gvre

What are the chances of snow in Santa Clarita?  Well, it happens.  We are booked on this cruise, too.  At one time I think we were booked on seven or eight cruises.  They have all been wiped away except this one, the last ones with the sale of Pacific Princess.  We remain very hopeful that this cruise will go, but I cannot say we are very optimistic.  But is there a chance?  Let's go with Yes.

31 minutes ago, JerryinBWB said:

What are the chances of snow in Santa Clarita?  Well, it happens.  We are booked on this cruise, too.  At one time I think we were booked on seven or eight cruises.  They have all been wiped away except this one, the last ones with the sale of Pacific Princess.  We remain very hopeful that this cruise will go, but I cannot say we are very optimistic.  But is there a chance?  Let's go with Yes.

Yes it does rarely snow in Santa Clarita...and our Sun cruise to Alaska was cancelled as they sold the ship! Hope to see you on baord!!