Is Anyone (Else) Thinking of A Wedding for 2022?

runner2013

You also Sept. 

After dealing with people not rsvp-ing, or backing out after saying yes and  messing up our head count, I agree with your thinking to trim down you list now. It may save you a lot of aggravation later on. 

Btw, are you getting married this Sept?  how is everything going? 

On 3/26/2022 at 4:23 PM, runner2013 said:

Well, 

We've had a few people cancel so our head count is down to 9 with the possibility of 3 more needing to bow out for various reasons.  It's all good though, we wanted a small intimate ceremony and it looks as though we may have that after all. 

Sounds like you will be down to 6 people like us! A small ceremony will be great. 

Our couple friend who is pregnant decided to fly down for a few days and enjoy a vaca themselves. I still feel kind of bad that they won't be able to join us for dinner on the ship our wedding night but for just one couple I don't want to drop thousands to do something else. We'll just do something with them on the island. 

In other news I did ask Norwegian to make a cake for us that night! It will be delivered to where we are eating dinner. Sent them a pic for inspiration so hopefully all comes out well! Just over a month now til sailing! Now I'm starting to worry about covid testing. Because Norwegian decided to add a stop in virginia before going to Bermuda we have to have a covid test on board....that will be stressing me out the most. Hopefully all will be fine. I wish they would just remove that stop though! 

Hope the planning and everything is going well still! 

On 4/3/2022 at 5:47 PM, Sept Bride said:

Good information here. Thanks!

Not me, but many potential attendees are worried that 2022 is too soon because Covid is not gone yet. I'm thinking it might be easier to just cut those people out.

I would agree and think it's best to count them out already. 

What ship are you thinking or where are you planning to get married?!

3 hours ago, PartOfYourWorld said:

Sounds like you will be down to 6 people like us! A small ceremony will be great. 

Our couple friend who is pregnant decided to fly down for a few days and enjoy a vaca themselves. I still feel kind of bad that they won't be able to join us for dinner on the ship our wedding night but for just one couple I don't want to drop thousands to do something else. We'll just do something with them on the island. 

In other news I did ask Norwegian to make a cake for us that night! It will be delivered to where we are eating dinner. Sent them a pic for inspiration so hopefully all comes out well! Just over a month now til sailing! Now I'm starting to worry about covid testing. Because Norwegian decided to add a stop in virginia before going to Bermuda we have to have a covid test on board....that will be stressing me out the most. Hopefully all will be fine. I wish they would just remove that stop though! 

Hope the planning and everything is going well still! 

I agree it's probably for the best to just do something with your friends on island. It won't be so hectic and you can all relax. 

I'm sure the cake will come out beautifully. One thing ive noticed on any ship i've sailed is their pastry departments are incredible. We're doing our cake after dinner as well. We had ordered one that feeds 20 thinking we would need it. Now not so much but my fiance' likes cake so we're keeping it. I told him he eating a lot of leftovers for the week:}

Testing is such a drag. I get that its important but it's still such a hassle. Princess allows a 2 day rapid antigen if you're 'up to date' with vaxes and boosters which was nice but we're flying into Florida 2 day before so we have to do the pcr test 3 days out and hope for the best.  No place around my way is doing the rapid tests anymore it seems like. Whatever, at this point we're just trying to roll with it. 

Our planning is going as well as we can hope for. Final payment for the food, dinner, etc is this Friday, after that we just hope we get the venue of choice and there's no curve balls thrown our way. 

We got a new wedding planner a few weeks ago, no idea what happened to the other one, she just disappeared and this new one emailed me to say she was taking over. She's actually better so i'm happy to have her. 

Hope all is going will with you as well.!!

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 12:22 PM, runner2013 said:

I agree it's probably for the best to just do something with your friends on island. It won't be so hectic and you can all relax. 

I'm sure the cake will come out beautifully. One thing ive noticed on any ship i've sailed is their pastry departments are incredible. We're doing our cake after dinner as well. We had ordered one that feeds 20 thinking we would need it. Now not so much but my fiance' likes cake so we're keeping it. I told him he eating a lot of leftovers for the week:}

Testing is such a drag. I get that its important but it's still such a hassle. Princess allows a 2 day rapid antigen if you're 'up to date' with vaxes and boosters which was nice but we're flying into Florida 2 day before so we have to do the pcr test 3 days out and hope for the best.  No place around my way is doing the rapid tests anymore it seems like. Whatever, at this point we're just trying to roll with it. 

Our planning is going as well as we can hope for. Final payment for the food, dinner, etc is this Friday, after that we just hope we get the venue of choice and there's no curve balls thrown our way. 

We got a new wedding planner a few weeks ago, no idea what happened to the other one, she just disappeared and this new one emailed me to say she was taking over. She's actually better so i'm happy to have her. 

Hope all is going will with you as well.!!

That will be great to have everything paid off!!! One less bill to worry about! Haha. When will you find out about your venue? I'll be crossing fingers you guys get what you want!

Everything is going great here! Just bought the last of the welcome bag stuff for our little group. Going for another dress fitting tomorrow morning then going to sit down plan some things on the island to do! Can't believe its in just over a month! 

15 hours ago, PartOfYourWorld said:

That will be great to have everything paid off!!! One less bill to worry about! Haha. When will you find out about your venue? I'll be crossing fingers you guys get what you want!

Everything is going great here! Just bought the last of the welcome bag stuff for our little group. Going for another dress fitting tomorrow morning then going to sit down plan some things on the island to do! Can't believe its in just over a month! 

Well, we made what we believe is our final payment last night.  It does feel nice having it out of the way now. We got all our items for the welcome bags as well. Everyone is getting pretty much the same items, but since we only have 4 bags to fill-4 couples- we will give one specific item to each couple depending on what they like. That way no one ends up with something he/she doesn't want .

Have fun with your dress fitting. Which one is this for you now-second, third? My 3rd and I think final one is May 5?  The seamstress asked if I was trying to lose weight because I had lost a few inches on my hips at the 2nd one.  Nope, just stress and my job taking care of that!! Can't imagine how anyone wouldn't lose a few inches here or there during this process🤣.

But anyway, good luck picking out your activities. I'm sure there's lots of fun things to see and do while there. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 6:25 AM, runner2013 said:

Well, we made what we believe is our final payment last night.  It does feel nice having it out of the way now. We got all our items for the welcome bags as well. Everyone is getting pretty much the same items, but since we only have 4 bags to fill-4 couples- we will give one specific item to each couple depending on what they like. That way no one ends up with something he/she doesn't want .

Have fun with your dress fitting. Which one is this for you now-second, third? My 3rd and I think final one is May 5?  The seamstress asked if I was trying to lose weight because I had lost a few inches on my hips at the 2nd one.  Nope, just stress and my job taking care of that!! Can't imagine how anyone wouldn't lose a few inches here or there during this process🤣.

But anyway, good luck picking out your activities. I'm sure there's lots of fun things to see and do while there. 

Everyone got pretty much the same thing in our welcome bags as well. And i have enough stuff for ourselves as well 🙂

Thanks! Yes it was my third and final! I'll pick it up May 7th!! I know the feeling! I have actually lose 15 lbs since I first bought my dress last summer. Now I'm stressed to make sure I maintain it until the wedding! Also gotta try not to gain too much muscle either since I've started a lot of strength workouts. Its a crazy balance! 

Good luck with your final dress fitting! 

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 11:22 AM, PartOfYourWorld said:

Everyone got pretty much the same thing in our welcome bags as well. And i have enough stuff for ourselves as well 🙂

Thanks! Yes it was my third and final! I'll pick it up May 7th!! I know the feeling! I have actually lose 15 lbs since I first bought my dress last summer. Now I'm stressed to make sure I maintain it until the wedding! Also gotta try not to gain too much muscle either since I've started a lot of strength workouts. Its a crazy balance! 

Good luck with your final dress fitting! 

Thanks, 

You're getting really close to the end now. What day do you leave and what day is your wedding?

On 4/14/2022 at 6:56 PM, runner2013 said:

Thanks, 

You're getting really close to the end now. What day do you leave and what day is your wedding?

Our cruise leaves on Sunday May 15th and we're getting married on May 18th the first day we are in Bermuda so one month from today! 

How about you? 

I hope you guys have no flight issues. It is INSANE  what is going on right now. 

• Like 1

Wow, 

You two are in the home stretch... I"m so excited for you. 

We sail Sat May 28th and the wedding is Monday the 30th. The first 'at sea day' .. 

So far so good with the flights. We're on Delta and as of today no changes to them which is good .. i'm keeping my fingers crossed🤞

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 9:14 AM, PartOfYourWorld said:

Our cruise leaves on Sunday May 15th and we're getting married on May 18th the first day we are in Bermuda so one month from today! 

How about you? 

I hope you guys have no flight issues. It is INSANE  what is going on right now. 

Hey there POYW, 

Just checking in to see how you're doing. You're about 2 weeks out now right?  hope all is well and things are coming together for you. 🙂

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 3:45 PM, runner2013 said:

Hey there POYW, 

Just checking in to see how you're doing. You're about 2 weeks out now right?  hope all is well and things are coming together for you. 🙂

Hi there runner!!!

Just less than 2 weeks out from cruising! Everything is pretty much all set! I ordered a last minute welcome letter for my guests from zazzle with the itenerary and hopefully it comes in on time! It should. Picking up my dress this coming Saturday and then gotta start packing! I have random things all over the place right now. Also need to put the welcome bags together! 

Now just gotta worry about the covid test the Friday before and getting the pup situated over at his daycare facility where he will be staying. 

How are things coming together for you?

• Like 1

Sounds like you've got everything under control. That's awesome. It must feel like such a relief to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

From what we can tell, we are on schedule as well. Waiting on the final paperwork from  Princess cruises then we can make our wedding day timeline.  Fiance's suit came in but pants were a bit too big so they're tailoring them just a bit more. Should be ready in another week or so. My final dress fitting is this Wed then it just needs to be steamed and picked up a few days before we leave. 

Printed out all our paperwork for wedding ceremony, cruise, flights, hotel and we're good to go as far as pre-check in on our cruise app. 

I actually did a dry run with the packing this weekend. If we both get a little creative between the two of us,  we should be able to get everything into our 2 big suitcases and carryons🤞.

Starting the 9th we're going into what we call 'wedding lockdown'. Not going anywhere that isn't absolutely necessary, wearing masks when we have to, avoiding everyone we can and hoping for a negative result when we test on the 25th. 

If I don't see you on here again before you leave, I want to wish you a wonderful wedding day!!. I hope it's everything you two have been dreaming of and you take away so many memories:)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!🥂😎

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 9:07 AM, PartOfYourWorld said:

Hi there runner!!!

Just less than 2 weeks out from cruising! Everything is pretty much all set! I ordered a last minute welcome letter for my guests from zazzle with the itenerary and hopefully it comes in on time! It should. Picking up my dress this coming Saturday and then gotta start packing! I have random things all over the place right now. Also need to put the welcome bags together! 

Now just gotta worry about the covid test the Friday before and getting the pup situated over at his daycare facility where he will be staying. 

How are things coming together for you?

Hey there Poyw,

Just wishing you good luck with your covid test tomorrow.🙂🤞

• Like 1

Things are coming along. We're at the 2 week mark. Everything has been paid for, final contracts signed, and now its last minute hair and nail appts, picking up our suit and dress and avoiding people as much as possible.  Our covid test is the 25th. 

Here's hoping for a negative outcome🤞

• Like 1

15 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Things are coming along. We're at the 2 week mark. Everything has been paid for, final contracts signed, and now its last minute hair and nail appts, picking up our suit and dress and avoiding people as much as possible.  Our covid test is the 25th. 

Here's hoping for a negative outcome🤞

Yay! That's exciting! Hair is the last thing I have to do. Can't make that appt until we are on the ship. Stay as safe as you can! Testing in an hour! 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PartOfYourWorld said:

Got all of doca set to go, negative test and we will be getting on that ship tomorrow!!!! Will recap when I come back!!

Awesome!!! 

Congratulations and have an amazing time!! 

🥂💞👰

Just got back today from our wedding cruise! Everything was absolutely perfect! We had the most perfect wedding day in Bermuda. The cruise was also probably the best we've been on even though I've come back with a sinus infection womp womp. Wedding pictures came out absolutely perfect and we had them back the next day! 

20220518-0188.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PartOfYourWorld said:

Just got back today from our wedding cruise! Everything was absolutely perfect! We had the most perfect wedding day in Bermuda. The cruise was also probably the best we've been on even though I've come back with a sinus infection womp womp. Wedding pictures came out absolutely perfect and we had them back the next day! 

20220518-0188.jpg

Love, love love  this pic!!! 

Congratulations to you both! 🥂

Did you have the most awesome time ever?. 

I saw your ship docked in Bermuda on Portfever.com.  So glad to read everything (except for the sinus infection) went well. 

We're in the home stretch now. I get my dress tomorrow-Mon- and we do the covid tests Wed. We just did an at home one and came back negative.. hopefully that's a good sign of things to come. 🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Love, love love  this pic!!! 

Congratulations to you both! 🥂

Did you have the most awesome time ever?. 

I saw your ship docked in Bermuda on Portfever.com.  So glad to read everything (except for the sinus infection) went well. 

We're in the home stretch now. I get my dress tomorrow-Mon- and we do the covid tests Wed. We just did an at home one and came back negative.. hopefully that's a good sign of things to come. 🤞

Thank you!!! Yes we had the best time!!! I hated to see it over today! It was everything I imagined it to be.

Best of luck to you and definitely a good sign of things to come!!! Enjoy the time! It goes by so darn fast!

• Thanks 1

On 5/22/2022 at 8:53 PM, PartOfYourWorld said:

Thank you!!! Yes we had the best time!!! I hated to see it over today! It was everything I imagined it to be.

Best of luck to you and definitely a good sign of things to come!!! Enjoy the time! It goes by so darn fast!

It's go time 🙂

We got our negative results yesterday, bags are packed (been up since 130am) and we're waiting on the car to take us to the airport. 

I"ll be sure to post when I get home. !!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, runner2013 said:

It's go time 🙂

We got our negative results yesterday, bags are packed (been up since 130am) and we're waiting on the car to take us to the airport. 

I"ll be sure to post when I get home. !!

Yes definitely post!!! I hope you have the best time and the wedding is everything you dreamed of!!! 

• Thanks 1