Is Anyone (Else) Thinking of A Wedding for 2022?

runner2013

On 5/26/2022 at 4:47 PM, PartOfYourWorld said:

Yes definitely post!!! I hope you have the best time and the wedding is everything you dreamed of!!! 

We did it!!

We had such a wonderful time.  It did seem to fly by but we made a point to stop and take in as much as we could. Now that we're home we want to go back.

Resized_IMG_0623.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/5/2022 at 4:36 PM, runner2013 said:

We did it!!

We had such a wonderful time.  It did seem to fly by but we made a point to stop and take in as much as we could. Now that we're home we want to go back.

Resized_IMG_0623.jpeg

Congratluations!!!!! Absolutely stunning!!! So glad you guys had suxh a great time!!!!!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello there,

We are doing well. Settling into married life and getting used to saying  'my husband' when talking with people. 

We did a legal, at sea, ceremony on Princess cruises. It was a lot of planning ahead of time with lots if back and fourth emails to the representative from Royal Ocean Events, but it was totally worth it. We had an on board wedding coordinator who took excellent care of us from the moment we stepped on board until our departure. Everyone else involved from the hairdresser/makeup artist, photographer, and wait staff at the specialty restaurant were amazing. We had such an amazing time. 

If you're thinking of a wedding at sea I'd say definately do it.  It's so much fun and the pics from around the ship will be amazing. 

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Confidentlacking said:

I’m looking at a March wedding. Currently nervous due to some lack of communication with Royal Ocean Events. Can one of the recent couples shed some light on what Is a reasonable photo budget? I am thinking we would just want digital prints.

Each one offers their own photo packages which vary depending on what type of wedding package you purchase. You'll need to see what's included up front, and once on board you may be able to purchase all of the digital prints for an additional price. ( We sailed on Princess and had several hundred prints to choose from.) Pricing varies, ranging from a few hundred dollars up to $1100 or more. 

It can be a little frustrating at times dealing with ROE. It can take up to 24 to 48 hours to hear back from them so be patient. They are located in Canada and if I remember are only available Mon-Thursday. We went with Princess and there was an online planner where we could also send Instant Messages to our planner. We seemed to have good luck using that. 

Other than that, best advice I can give is keep copies of every correspondence/email, be as specific as possible when asking questions, and remember, ROE is not part of the cruise line. They are a 3rd party vendor, (Think of them like Expedia when you buy airline tickets) They go by a set of guidelines they're given by the cruise line. Any changes you want to make ROE has to email the cruise line as ask. 

Hope this helps.

My wedding will be on a Princess cruise!! We are traveling to the Western Caribbean in March. I’ve seen others have communication issues with ROE — I’ve had dead silence for about two weeks now, and that’s including telephone and every single email address I can find. I also tried the planner messenger but this was Thursday or Friday night. But I’m trying to remain calm since it seems this happens, and a lot of people STILL end up happy with their experience. We still have time to plan 🙂 I can say that I am truly excited!

I did not receive any information on photo packages. I plan to ask once I get ahold of someone. Do you happen to have anything from ROE with the Princess photo package prices?

I’m nervous that I won’t be able to get ahold of anyone in the weeks before the wedding and I will be left in the dark.

It’s really nice to see a community of people who had pleasant experiences will wedding cruises!

If you signed a contract with Princess you should have received a packet/invoice either mailed to you or emailed to you with all your information. It has the package you chose, the price and any documents you and your fiancé will need to sign. The photo packages are not a separate item. They are included in whichever package you buy.  You can talk to the photographer when on board and he/she can show you different options with the prices. 

You can also go into the Princess Dream wedding planner and click the Wedding Options tab at the top of the page. This gives all the diff wedding packages, the cost and what they include. 

What ship are you on. We were on Caribbean Princess and our on board wedding Coordinator-Valeria- was absolutely amazing. Are you doing a shore side, at sea,- legal or non legal,- wedding?. We did a legal at sea wedding which was in international waters. Since the ship is registered in Bermuda we had to provide the Bermuda courts with certain documents per their laws. Make sure you upload what they need as soon as possible. The more info you provide early on, the easier it will be when it's time for the final head count, food choices, etc. 

Another bit of info ill pass along. If you or your fiance' plan on changing you name after the wedding, you may want to get an extra copy or 2 of your marriage certificate.  Make sure to tell your representative at ROE and have them send you the form before the wedding to sign with payment. Some government agencies won't take a photocopy, they want a certified copy with the raised seal from the issuing government. 

The number I had for ROE is 1-855-434-3550. I called and actually got a real person who was able to help me with an issue I was having after the wedding.

Good luck!!

Ahh, my ceremony package includes 4 8x10 photos. I was definitely hoping to purchase more lol. It seems like the prices can range wildly for digital copies/hard prints. Do you guys use more than one hour for the photographer?

Your wedding photo looks lovely btw!!

Thank you for the tip regarding the extra copies of the marriage license!! I will definitely have to request those!

We are doing a legal at sea ceremony aboard the Sky Princess. I will probably send in all of the documents this week for the legal ceremony,  just so I know that everything is filed and ready in time for the wedding.

We are only having a few guests — all close family. I’ve been debating if it is worth it for us to have a reception. Less about the money and more about how awkward such a small reception could be lol. We are currently taking dance classes though in preparation for the first dance. So I definitely will need to figure out where we will be dancing 🙂

You're welcome. Any other questions feel free to ask. 

I will say, it was nice not having to worry about all the things required for a traditional 'land wedding'. Most of the decision making is taken care of by Princess.  They'll give you a few choices for flowers, location, time etc and you just pick what works best. If you're ok with giving up some 'control' over what you can have it will make it so much easier (and cheaper) in the long run.

We only had 6 people sail with us which ended up being perfect. Less people to keep informed and keep track of 🙂We had our ceremony in Skywalker's Nightclub on the top deck. We also paid for the photographer for an extra hour which was well worth it. We gave him a timeline for what we wanted picture wise and he was more than accommodating. We did 15 min of bride pics in our cabin, 15 min of groom in his folks cabin, then he went up and did the pics of ceremony and after that he took us all over the ship. (make sure you do some with the wake behind you, those are absolutely stunning with the lighting). 

We did an hour reception/cocktail hour with open bar and nibbles. We felt it was def worth it as we were so hungry after the pics and wanted to just catch our breath and spend some time with our guests. 

The only thing I will say about your first dance, be very clear that you want one and when you want it. (your on board wed coordinator will be able to help you with this for sure) We figured to do it after the pics as the reception was coming to an end, but the photographer ended up going over timewise so we never got to have it.  We ended up having one in the Disco later that night. My girlfriend asked the DJ to play our song and he cleared the floor for us. (It was amazing and turned out better than if we had done it with just our guests at the reception. The whole club was cheering and respectful not to interrupt.)

Since our wedding package included a dinner for the bride and groom one night, we paid for all our guests and had dinner in the steak house after the reception/cocktail hour. We had a cake cutting right after the ceremony and had it served for dessert after dinner. When we finished, we all headed up to the disco and danced to night away.  

We felt everything we chose was well worth it. Things went pretty smoothly the whole day and the Princess reps on hand made sure to take care of everything. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, CruiseloverfromGA said:

We will be getting married in 3 weeks on the Celebrity Apex.

Sadly, our experience with the Wedding Consultant from The Wedding Experience has not been ideal.

Oh no. I'm sorry you've had such a tough time. Hopefully once you're onboard things will go a little smoother. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to come back and say that Princess Cruise weddings are no longer handled by Royal Ocean Events. A gentleman from the new company has gone totally above and beyond since taking control of my ceremony. His name is Brian and he is a rockstar who always calls me back lol. What a turn around from the experience I had been having!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Confidentlacking said:

Just wanted to come back and say that Princess Cruise weddings are no longer handled by Royal Ocean Events. A gentleman from the new company has gone totally above and beyond since taking control of my ceremony. His name is Brian and he is a rockstar who always calls me back lol. What a turn around from the experience I had been having!!!

You are correct.  I actually had to deal with ROE regarding an issue I had with getting extra marriage certificates after my wedding. I ended up speaking with the owner of the company and she confirmed Princess now handles wedding in house.

Glad to hear you are having a better experience now.

• 5 months later...
On 10/27/2022 at 12:59 PM, CruiseloverfromGA said:

We will be getting married in 3 weeks on the Celebrity Apex.

Sadly, our experience with the Wedding Consultant from The Wedding Experience has not been ideal.

Were you able to get help? I've been trying so hard to contact our consultant for over the past two weeks but she has not been answer her phone. We're just trying to pay and register for the wedding 😞 

10 minutes ago, yoyoyomonkeysss said:

Were you able to get help? I've been trying so hard to contact our consultant for over the past two weeks but she has not been answer her phone. We're just trying to pay and register for the wedding 😞 

The wedding went off without issue, but the consultant was bad.  I’m out of town but I will look and see if I have another way to contact them when I get home.