Is Anyone (Else) Thinking of A Wedding for 2022?

runner2013

On 7/22/2021 at 5:31 PM, runner2013 said:

Thjeepster, 

Congratulations!!! 

I'm so happy you will finally get to have your  wedding. You two have been waiting for for such a long time. I'm excited things are finally falling into place after everything you've been through. 

I still have little over 10 months to wait so we're basically in a holding pattern right now. We've got half the cruise paid off, have a good idea of what we want for cocktails and dinner, the save the dates have gone out and my dress has been ordered. We can't do much more until we know the head count, that should be some time in October when the invites go out. 

We're so excited to get back on the water we booked a 4 day trip for Jan 2022 on a different Princess ship(our wedding isn't until May 30th 2022 and our ship only does 7 day trips) as a trial run to see how things operate. I plan on asking lots of questions while on board 🙂

Thank you Runner2013!

Even thou it's taken almost 18 to finally get married it does seem like it's flown by!  So your time will fly by also!  Planning everything out is the key!  We are finally going to reorder our wedding favors and personalized stuff for this new date now also....we lost over $350 in stuff for the the April 2020 wedding date.

We only have 37 more days until the cruise....I am praying everything stays on track!  We just confirmed everything for the wedding package and did final payment for the photo package.

Had to buy the test-at-home kits yesterday because of the 2 day turnaround for testing before boarding.

Luckily we have an additional couple more people going on the cruise with us....the count went from like 10 down to like 2 and back up to 6.....it's hard for people to keep switching dates.

All this stress...I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled again...that would be heartbreaking for my fiancé!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thjeepster said:

Thank you Runner2013!

Even thou it's taken almost 18 to finally get married it does seem like it's flown by!  So your time will fly by also!  Planning everything out is the key!  We are finally going to reorder our wedding favors and personalized stuff for this new date now also....we lost over $350 in stuff for the the April 2020 wedding date.

We only have 37 more days until the cruise....I am praying everything stays on track!  We just confirmed everything for the wedding package and did final payment for the photo package.

Had to buy the test-at-home kits yesterday because of the 2 day turnaround for testing before boarding.

Luckily we have an additional couple more people going on the cruise with us....the count went from like 10 down to like 2 and back up to 6.....it's hard for people to keep switching dates.

All this stress...I'm hoping it doesn't get canceled again...that would be heartbreaking for my fiancé!

I'm so excited for you to finally have you day! I check out the Princess pages for info on my cruise line an then go over to Royal's page and do the same. I've sailed Royal several times and really like them. Were it not for my fiance' wanting to be legally married by the Captain of a ship, we probably would have gone with Royal too.

I was thinking of buying the at home test as well. We have a 4 day trip planned in Jan and it seems to be so much easier than trying to find a Cvs or Walgreens with open appointments. 

I know what you mean about the guest count changing. We started with about 25 and it seems as though we may end up with barely half that. Our 'official' invites go out beginning of October so we should have a good idea of the real head count shortly after that. (We just keep telling ourselves as long as the two of us are there that's all that really matters. Any one else is a blessing:).

I'm chomping at the bit to start buying the items for our out of town bags but holding off until things get closer.  We did get a block of rooms for the day before we sail( we leave on a Sat) so i'll have to be satisfied with that for now. 

At this point, I honestly don't feel Royal will cancel any sailings unless it's absolutely necessary. They have been the leaders since cruising was originally shut down as far as making a plan for sailing safe and getting folks back on board. From what i've read, people seem to feel safe sailing with Royal so why give that up now?

I am curious though, did Royal say you have to wear a mask during the wedding ceremony and/or reception or can you all go without?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending positive thoughts to you every day😁

4 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

I'm so excited for you to finally have you day! I check out the Princess pages for info on my cruise line an then go over to Royal's page and do the same. I've sailed Royal several times and really like them. Were it not for my fiance' wanting to be legally married by the Captain of a ship, we probably would have gone with Royal too.

I was thinking of buying the at home test as well. We have a 4 day trip planned in Jan and it seems to be so much easier than trying to find a Cvs or Walgreens with open appointments. 

I know what you mean about the guest count changing. We started with about 25 and it seems as though we may end up with barely half that. Our 'official' invites go out beginning of October so we should have a good idea of the real head count shortly after that. (We just keep telling ourselves as long as the two of us are there that's all that really matters. Any one else is a blessing:).

I'm chomping at the bit to start buying the items for our out of town bags but holding off until things get closer.  We did get a block of rooms for the day before we sail( we leave on a Sat) so i'll have to be satisfied with that for now. 

At this point, I honestly don't feel Royal will cancel any sailings unless it's absolutely necessary. They have been the leaders since cruising was originally shut down as far as making a plan for sailing safe and getting folks back on board. From what i've read, people seem to feel safe sailing with Royal so why give that up now?

I am curious though, did Royal say you have to wear a mask during the wedding ceremony and/or reception or can you all go without?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and sending positive thoughts to you every day😁

We are getting married by the Captain of the ship and it is a legal wedding....so you can switch to Royal. lol  When it comes to being legal, as long as it's out to sea and married on the ship it's legal.

The at-home-kits make sure for cruising it's the ones that you have to do Facetime with the EMed company and they watch you do everything.

Luckily when they changed the ports of calls (originally going to Labedee, Jamaica, and Nassau with the wedding on the 2nd day)....now we are going to Coca Cay, Costa Maya, and Cozumel and the wedding is now on the 3rd day.  Luckily we didn't have any personalized items before that change...that would have sucked!

Yeah Royal is doing things right with the pandemic!....right now they are only sailing at 40% and most ships currently really on have about 30% sailing on it....I heard Odyssey last week only had about 650 people on it...compared to 4,800 that they could have!  By the time we go it will probably be at 50-55% capacity, which should be quite enough to social distance!

I know masks have to be wore at all inside venues except when eating....and at the pool.

We bought Bride and Groom masks to wear during the day of the wedding....I need to find out about during the ceremony....thanks for reminding me!!!  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thjeepster said:

We are getting married by the Captain of the ship and it is a legal wedding....so you can switch to Royal. lol  When it comes to being legal, as long as it's out to sea and married on the ship it's legal.

The at-home-kits make sure for cruising it's the ones that you have to do Facetime with the EMed company and they watch you do everything.

Luckily when they changed the ports of calls (originally going to Labedee, Jamaica, and Nassau with the wedding on the 2nd day)....now we are going to Coca Cay, Costa Maya, and Cozumel and the wedding is now on the 3rd day.  Luckily we didn't have any personalized items before that change...that would have sucked!

Yeah Royal is doing things right with the pandemic!....right now they are only sailing at 40% and most ships currently really on have about 30% sailing on it....I heard Odyssey last week only had about 650 people on it...compared to 4,800 that they could have!  By the time we go it will probably be at 50-55% capacity, which should be quite enough to social distance!

I know masks have to be wore at all inside venues except when eating....and at the pool.

We bought Bride and Groom masks to wear during the day of the wedding....I need to find out about during the ceremony....thanks for reminding me!!!  

I thought I read Royal wouldn't guarantee the Captain would be officiating the ceremony, saying it 'could' be a first officer if something came up. (but that may have been another line, I went through so many at first they started to blend into the same one) I talked to my guy about it and he is so excited I didn't want to risk it🤣

I would hope Royal will let you go without the masks for the actual ceremony and pictures if nothing else. Especially if you and your guests are actually vaccinated. Is your ceremony inside or outside?, that may determine things as well. I would hate to think they expect your fiance' to put on a face full of makeup and then risk ruining it with a mask! 

Our wedding is day 3, the first formal night and full sea day. I'm hoping the salon will do my hair, so my first stop when getting onboard is to go there and confirm and/or make my appointments. I'd like to do a dry run the day before the actual day, i've got lots of curly hair and sometimes people who've never worked with curly hair have a hard time with it.  I'm betting a lot of the 'older' ladies will want to have their hair done for formal night so better safe than sorry. 

My ship, the Caribbean Princess isn't even sailing from Ft. Lauderdale yet, think it starts next month??, so I have no way of knowing what capacity it will be sailing at. Hopefully 8 months from now we  won't be dealing with testing, masks or social distancing at all any more and she will be full. While i'd rather and emptier ship, if a full one means no more extra covid protocols i'd glady deal with the extra folks. 

19 hours ago, runner2013 said:

I thought I read Royal wouldn't guarantee the Captain would be officiating the ceremony, saying it 'could' be a first officer if something came up. (but that may have been another line, I went through so many at first they started to blend into the same one) I talked to my guy about it and he is so excited I didn't want to risk it🤣

I would hope Royal will let you go without the masks for the actual ceremony and pictures if nothing else. Especially if you and your guests are actually vaccinated. Is your ceremony inside or outside?, that may determine things as well. I would hate to think they expect your fiance' to put on a face full of makeup and then risk ruining it with a mask! 

Our wedding is day 3, the first formal night and full sea day. I'm hoping the salon will do my hair, so my first stop when getting onboard is to go there and confirm and/or make my appointments. I'd like to do a dry run the day before the actual day, i've got lots of curly hair and sometimes people who've never worked with curly hair have a hard time with it.  I'm betting a lot of the 'older' ladies will want to have their hair done for formal night so better safe than sorry. 

My ship, the Caribbean Princess isn't even sailing from Ft. Lauderdale yet, think it starts next month??, so I have no way of knowing what capacity it will be sailing at. Hopefully 8 months from now we  won't be dealing with testing, masks or social distancing at all any more and she will be full. While i'd rather and emptier ship, if a full one means no more extra covid protocols i'd glady deal with the extra folks. 

Yeah they did say there is a slight chance the Captain might not be able to do it if something big comes up.....they told me it happens maybe 2 out of every 10 weddings....but she also said the same happens on all the cruise lines.

I'm just happy if we can finally just get married on the ship after all this time lol

I have to ask my wedding planner if we need to wear masks during the ceremony....I mean there will only be around 8 of us for the wedding and the Captain, Photographer, and the wedding coordinator... so a total of like 11?

We are getting married inside the ship.  They didn't offer anything outside.

Our wedding day is Day 3 also....it was Day 2 up until a month ago when they changed the islands and the days of everything.  Our formal nights are day 2 and day 5.

My fiancé is getting her hair and makeup done the morning of the wedding at 9am and the wedding is at 1:30.

We are doing our Specialty dinning on formal night day 2....originally doing day 4 but one of our guests 14th birthday is on day 4 and she will be getting a cake delivered to the table that night (it's her first cruise...so we don't want to miss that).

The Caribbean Princess is a nice ship!  my dad went on her like 4 years ago.  He's been on like 7 or 8 Princess ships in the past 15 years.  I would hope 8 months from now this Pandemic isn't as bad and hopefully only like the flu.  everyone just needs to vaccinate this year and hopefully it goes away!

We are thinking about reserving our 1st anniversary next Nov. on another cruise and booking it next month on the Odyssey....maybe get some good perks or something doing it on the ship!

• Like 1

Glad to hear you dad liked the ship we're on.  She's actually going into drydock in April and first week of May next year for routine maintenance,( Hopefully they don't find any unexpected serious issues that delay the rest of the sailing for the month) so she will be nice and shiny for us when we get onboard. 

We also talked about doing a first year anniversary cruise to Alaska in 2023. The plan is to research what Royal and Princess both have to offer for sailings in May and if we like Princess we'll book while onboard. If nothing looks too interesting/appealing we'll wait until we're home and book with Royal.  I'm leaning toward Royal mainly because i've been on several of her ships, I like the atmosphere onboard  and i'm only 18 loyalty points away from Diamond status 🤣.   

17 hours ago, runner2013 said:

Glad to hear you dad liked the ship we're on.  She's actually going into drydock in April and first week of May next year for routine maintenance,( Hopefully they don't find any unexpected serious issues that delay the rest of the sailing for the month) so she will be nice and shiny for us when we get onboard. 

We also talked about doing a first year anniversary cruise to Alaska in 2023. The plan is to research what Royal and Princess both have to offer for sailings in May and if we like Princess we'll book while onboard. If nothing looks too interesting/appealing we'll wait until we're home and book with Royal.  I'm leaning toward Royal mainly because i've been on several of her ships, I like the atmosphere onboard  and i'm only 18 loyalty points away from Diamond status 🤣.   

I reached out to the RCCL executive that’s working with us in Miami and she’s checking for us regarding the masks during the ceremony. Hopefully we won’t have to. 

We are looking at a Nov cruise 2022 going to Panama and Columbia and Aruba. It’s a 9 night….it will be almost a month after the anniversary but we will call it our anniversary. 

we are 7 points away from Diamond status and once we get off of this one we will be getting double the points and I think double for being in a grand suite. 

35 days away. It’s getting real now!!!

stay safe!

• Like 1

You be safe as well. 

Not for nothing, I feel if you have a wedding onboard, you should be given a ton of loyalty points over and above the ones you normally just get for cruising. After all, you are bringing a bunch of people with you for the week and Royal is reaping the rewards for that😁

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, runner2013 said:

You be safe as well. 

Not for nothing, I feel if you have a wedding onboard, you should be given a ton of loyalty points over and above the ones you normally just get for cruising. After all, you are bringing a bunch of people with you for the week and Royal is reaping the rewards for that😁

I totally agree!!!

they should give you an added point a day for bringing on people to give them more money…and especially during this pandemic and still wanting to get married on their ships!

I pray this goes as planned. My fiancé just spent $$$ on personalized items with the date for wedding favors. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2021 at 7:50 AM, runner2013 said:

Congratulations on getting married. A wedding in Bermuda sounds beautiful. I'm also getting married in May 2022 on the 30th. What is your date?. 

Time seems to by flying by, I can't believe its only 9 months away now. 😀

And now its less than 6 months away! Eeeek! Sorry I'm terrible at checking these things! Our wedding date will be May 18th 🙂

Still slightly worried about the state of the world so hoping everything still goes well through to May! 

I read you were holding out on stuff for the out of town bags...I am too! I have ideas pinned on pinterest. I really want to send out some sort of passport once everyone is paid is full. Though I don't think anyone will back out. 

Hope the planning is going well!

6 hours ago, PartOfYourWorld said:

And now its less than 6 months away! Eeeek! Sorry I'm terrible at checking these things! Our wedding date will be May 18th 🙂

Still slightly worried about the state of the world so hoping everything still goes well through to May! 

I read you were holding out on stuff for the out of town bags...I am too! I have ideas pinned on pinterest. I really want to send out some sort of passport once everyone is paid is full. Though I don't think anyone will back out. 

Hope the planning is going well!

Hello there PoYW!

Yes, it is getting closer, but I like to think i'm in somewhat good shape, at least for right now. 

What ship are you getting married on? Is it a legal marriage or a ceremonial  service? 

We're on Princess cruise lines, the Caribbean Princess. It will be a legal marriage done by the Captain on the first sea day. (its a 7 day trip Sat to Sat)

I have a bunch of items in my shopping cart on Amazon for the out of town bags. Don't want to buy anything until we have a better idea of a head count. We're figuring between 12-18 all total if everyone who said they were a yes still goes. We're not doing anything too big or too heavy. We don't want to have to fly with it to Florida before the cruise, or make our friends worry about anything breaking on the way home. 

P.

On 12/2/2021 at 5:24 PM, runner2013 said:

Hello there PoYW!

Yes, it is getting closer, but I like to think i'm in somewhat good shape, at least for right now. 

What ship are you getting married on? Is it a legal marriage or a ceremonial  service? 

We're on Princess cruise lines, the Caribbean Princess. It will be a legal marriage done by the Captain on the first sea day. (its a 7 day trip Sat to Sat)

I have a bunch of items in my shopping cart on Amazon for the out of town bags. Don't want to buy anything until we have a better idea of a head count. We're figuring between 12-18 all total if everyone who said they were a yes still goes. We're not doing anything too big or too heavy. We don't want to have to fly with it to Florida before the cruise, or make our friends worry about anything breaking on the way home. 

P.

Hi there! 

We are actually getting married on Bermuda in a legal ceremony just using the ship as a means to get there on and have fun with our guests! We'll be on the Norwegian Joy! 

Putting stuff on an amazon list is a good idea! We'll wait until everyone is paid in full at least. Stinks you have to fly! Luckily we're driving to port since it leaves out of NYC. 3-4 hr drive. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, PartOfYourWorld said:

Hi there! 

We are actually getting married on Bermuda in a legal ceremony just using the ship as a means to get there on and have fun with our guests! We'll be on the Norwegian Joy! 

Putting stuff on an amazon list is a good idea! We'll wait until everyone is paid in full at least. Stinks you have to fly! Luckily we're driving to port since it leaves out of NYC. 3-4 hr drive. 

That sound so cool getting Married in Bermuda. I bet it will be beautiful. 

How is your wedding planning coming along, do you have a head count yet. Are you doing a cocktail reception after your ceremony and all the fun stuff that 'usually' goes with it? 

We're having a cocktail hour right after the service and then just going to a specialty restaurant for dinner with all our guests. We're figuring between 12-18 at the most which is perfect. Intimate enough we can spend time with everyone but large enough for a bit of a party. 

I did the Norwegian Pearl to Alaska a few years ago and had a fantastic time! That is the next cruise line my guy wants to try. As of now he's only been on Royal Caribbean. (he's just getting into cruising since he met me) He really enjoys Royal but wants to try out different lines to see what they have to offer. 

Patty

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 5:07 PM, runner2013 said:

That sound so cool getting Married in Bermuda. I bet it will be beautiful. 

How is your wedding planning coming along, do you have a head count yet. Are you doing a cocktail reception after your ceremony and all the fun stuff that 'usually' goes with it? 

We're having a cocktail hour right after the service and then just going to a specialty restaurant for dinner with all our guests. We're figuring between 12-18 at the most which is perfect. Intimate enough we can spend time with everyone but large enough for a bit of a party. 

I did the Norwegian Pearl to Alaska a few years ago and had a fantastic time! That is the next cruise line my guy wants to try. As of now he's only been on Royal Caribbean. (he's just getting into cruising since he met me) He really enjoys Royal but wants to try out different lines to see what they have to offer. 

Patty

Happy New Year! 

Haven't done too much in the way of planning, need to still do quite a bit but waiting til pay in full in a week or so and will be working more with the wedding planner more now that its 2022. Have gotten a few things bookmarked for welcome bags at least!

Right now I'm not sure what we will do after the ceremony. I know we will at least do a specialty restaurant with everyone. Depending on the time of the ceremony maybe a cocktail hour or i think it would be fun to do an excursion together like a catamaran cruise. But not necessarily on the wedding day. I think we may do some sort of gathering on board. 

Right now our headcount is 10 including the two of us. We're not expecting anymore though there may be some additions last minute. 

The number of guests you have sound perfect!!! 

And someday I'd love to try Royal! I've only been on Disney and Norwegian and my guy has only been on Norwegian with me. I want to try the new Virgin Scarlet Lady someday too! 

Hows your wedding planning coming along? 

• Like 1

Hey there,

Happy New Year to you as well!

Things are in a bit of a holding pattern for us right now too. We have the final payment in February, then the RSVP's are due beginning of March. Once we have those we can start making some final decisions about the reception, cake etc. We've got a good playlist of music on the laptop, the next step is putting it on a thumb drive and polishing it up. Princess provides and AV tech on board for us which is great, but we will have the playlist on our phones as well. Just in case. 

I go for my first wedding dress fitting Jan 15th. Excited but a little nervous too. 

Things are starting to get real now😱

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2022 at 5:23 PM, runner2013 said:

Hey there,

Happy New Year to you as well!

Things are in a bit of a holding pattern for us right now too. We have the final payment in February, then the RSVP's are due beginning of March. Once we have those we can start making some final decisions about the reception, cake etc. We've got a good playlist of music on the laptop, the next step is putting it on a thumb drive and polishing it up. Princess provides and AV tech on board for us which is great, but we will have the playlist on our phones as well. Just in case. 

I go for my first wedding dress fitting Jan 15th. Excited but a little nervous too. 

Things are starting to get real now😱

How did the dress fitting go?! Mine is this coming weekend the 12th. Getting excited now! 

We had one couple cancel the cruise before final payment so it will only be 7 of us which includes the 2 of us! That's okay though. We'll still have so much fun!!! 

Now I really have to start getting welcome bag stuff together. Have been picking up a few things here and there when I see things. 

Hope everything is going well! 

Hey there P. 

My fitting went well. It was a little scary watching the seamstress chalk the bottom of the dress to see where she needs to cut it  for length. But she assured me I won't lose the decorative lace on the bottom which made me feel better. 

Final payment for our cruise is Feb 19th, we pretty much are assuming those who've already booked are the ones going. Everyone else hasn't said much to us so we figure they are all no's.  We have 10 definite and 2 singles who need to decide. So probably 12 -14 including us. 

Truth be told, we're fine with that. Makes it easier to keep track of everyone before we get on the ship. 😎

I can't remember if you said you are flying to the port or driving?  It should be easy enough to pack your gift bag items if you're flying and just assemble them when you land.  Have you decided what your wedding favors will be? 

Good luck with your dress fitting. It's strange to see yourself all dressed up, I sort of felt like It was anyway,  but once you think about how beautiful your groom will think you look it makes all the preparation worth it:)

P. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Princess is relaxing their mask mandates beginning in March. This makes me and my fiance' so happy.  The thought of wearing one to the venue and during the actual ceremony was really stressing me out. 

One small step in the right direction 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 7:05 AM, runner2013 said:

Hey there P. 

My fitting went well. It was a little scary watching the seamstress chalk the bottom of the dress to see where she needs to cut it  for length. But she assured me I won't lose the decorative lace on the bottom which made me feel better. 

Final payment for our cruise is Feb 19th, we pretty much are assuming those who've already booked are the ones going. Everyone else hasn't said much to us so we figure they are all no's.  We have 10 definite and 2 singles who need to decide. So probably 12 -14 including us. 

Truth be told, we're fine with that. Makes it easier to keep track of everyone before we get on the ship. 😎

I can't remember if you said you are flying to the port or driving?  It should be easy enough to pack your gift bag items if you're flying and just assemble them when you land.  Have you decided what your wedding favors will be? 

Good luck with your dress fitting. It's strange to see yourself all dressed up, I sort of felt like It was anyway,  but once you think about how beautiful your groom will think you look it makes all the preparation worth it:)

P. 

That's awesome!!! My first dress fitting went well too! Supposed to go back Saturday but I will have to reschedule since I have to go pick up a new car! 🙂

Anyways we'll be driving to port so plenty of room for favors everything is pretty small. Not putting the date on anything though! Just the month and year. Still need to get bags, magnets, and figure out a few other odds and ends. But putting together a smal oh s* kit with some meds and things. Might get some custom made m&ms to throw in there. Ive gotten cups for the girls and my mom with their names on it and might do like a bottle opener or something for the guys. How about you? 

I'm starting to get a bit nervous because one of the girls cant cruise since she became pregnant and will be just a couple of weeks past the week allowance norwegian has. She is planning on flying while her hubby goes with us but now I'll have to figure in a dinner on land in bermuda so she can still join in on the fun. Waiting for final answer from them so i can figure all that out. Just over two months to go! 

Happy norwegian got rid of their mask mandate too! And hope it stays that way! 

• Like 1

Congrats on the new car. That's awesome!

I would imagine your wedding planner could help you to find a place for dinner?. There has to be somewhere close by that would fit your needs, especially if it isn't a huge group of people.

We have narrowed down our guest list to a firm 10 and 2 possible maybes(chasing down the folks who never RSVP's annoyed me but what can you do right?)

We  have the gift bags but nothing to put in them yet. We're thinking a few small things, ei: magnets for the cabin walls, mini suntan lotion, powdered energy drinks you mix with water( I'm assuming most of us will be a bit dehydrated the day after the wedding), some mints, lip balm. Nothing too large since we're flying. We also have to order the little gift bag tags that we will tie to the bag welcoming guests for coming, and my fiance' is making a 'wedding day timeline' to put inside the bag so folks know when and where everything is taking place. 

I've given some thought to my emergency kit as well but haven't packed anything yet. One thing keeping me from stressing about that is one of my friends is very much a 'girly girl' and I have no doubt if I were to forget something she will have it🤣

We pretty much finalized the music for the ceremony and cocktail hour. We have my walking down the aisle song, (no bridesmaids or groomsmen) our leaving the ceremony as well as entrance into the cocktail hour, first dance, and last song of the night when we leave. 

Its all on my laptop. I"m going to work on moving to a thumb drive today if all goes according to plan. I've got to write a list for the AV coordinator so he knows when to play each song, and do the list for the photographer. We have certain places we want pics and this will make it easier for us knowing he/she has the info ahead of time. 

We just made our preliminary pics for food for the cocktail hour and dinner. We figured out the cake, flowers and the readings/blessings the captain will read during the ceremony. Oh, and finally bought our plane tickets to Florida! Can't forget those. 😁

At this point I think we're both a bit shell shocked. We knew things would be coming fast the closer it came to the wedding, but now that it's happening we're trying to stay focused and keep calm. 

My biggest concern now is the 2 day testing requirement by Princess. Ship leaves on Saturday, we are flying out Thursday so there's no way to do a test before we go. We either need to do a home proctored test very early before the flight leaves which is not really appealing to either of us, we can make an appointment at the F. Lauderdale airport for after we land or try the walk in clinic near the hotel after we check in. I'm not happy about any of our choices and i'm hoping Princess relaxes their rules to 3 days for a vaxed and boostered person as time goes on, but i'll plan for 2 and hope for the best. 

Whew, never realized how tiring planning a wedding was. 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 10:24 AM, runner2013 said:

Congrats on the new car. That's awesome!

I would imagine your wedding planner could help you to find a place for dinner?. There has to be somewhere close by that would fit your needs, especially if it isn't a huge group of people.

We have narrowed down our guest list to a firm 10 and 2 possible maybes(chasing down the folks who never RSVP's annoyed me but what can you do right?)

We  have the gift bags but nothing to put in them yet. We're thinking a few small things, ei: magnets for the cabin walls, mini suntan lotion, powdered energy drinks you mix with water( I'm assuming most of us will be a bit dehydrated the day after the wedding), some mints, lip balm. Nothing too large since we're flying. We also have to order the little gift bag tags that we will tie to the bag welcoming guests for coming, and my fiance' is making a 'wedding day timeline' to put inside the bag so folks know when and where everything is taking place. 

I've given some thought to my emergency kit as well but haven't packed anything yet. One thing keeping me from stressing about that is one of my friends is very much a 'girly girl' and I have no doubt if I were to forget something she will have it🤣

We pretty much finalized the music for the ceremony and cocktail hour. We have my walking down the aisle song, (no bridesmaids or groomsmen) our leaving the ceremony as well as entrance into the cocktail hour, first dance, and last song of the night when we leave. 

Its all on my laptop. I"m going to work on moving to a thumb drive today if all goes according to plan. I've got to write a list for the AV coordinator so he knows when to play each song, and do the list for the photographer. We have certain places we want pics and this will make it easier for us knowing he/she has the info ahead of time. 

We just made our preliminary pics for food for the cocktail hour and dinner. We figured out the cake, flowers and the readings/blessings the captain will read during the ceremony. Oh, and finally bought our plane tickets to Florida! Can't forget those. 😁

At this point I think we're both a bit shell shocked. We knew things would be coming fast the closer it came to the wedding, but now that it's happening we're trying to stay focused and keep calm. 

My biggest concern now is the 2 day testing requirement by Princess. Ship leaves on Saturday, we are flying out Thursday so there's no way to do a test before we go. We either need to do a home proctored test very early before the flight leaves which is not really appealing to either of us, we can make an appointment at the F. Lauderdale airport for after we land or try the walk in clinic near the hotel after we check in. I'm not happy about any of our choices and i'm hoping Princess relaxes their rules to 3 days for a vaxed and boostered person as time goes on, but i'll plan for 2 and hope for the best. 

Whew, never realized how tiring planning a wedding was. 

Phew! That's alot! Seems like you have it all figured out though!!! Seems like the airport or the hotel checkin for a test will be the best bet for you guys. 

I have to contact my wedding planner about it. Our friends haven't finalized what they are doing yet so it's kind of frustrating but trying not to fret too much about it. Norwegians policy right now is the same with the tests and they haven't released what they are doing with Bermuda yet so trying not to look until like a month away...which we are already at almost two months so it's coming fast!!! 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, 

We've had a few people cancel so our head count is down to 9 with the possibility of 3 more needing to bow out for various reasons.  It's all good though, we wanted a small intimate ceremony and it looks as though we may have that after all. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...