New Oceania Itineraries 2022-2023

taramichel

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

What about cargo flights ?

Sure, if you can afford it.

Also would need an assurance of a firm delivery schedule which is prioritised as to how much a recipient is prepared to pay.

A short notice Covid vaccine delivery for a Government or steaks for a cruise ship ...hmm ?

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think pre Covid the majority of air cargo was carried on passenger aircraft.

With those flights severely curtailed is why air cargo capacity is stretched.

Edited by Tranquility Base

2 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Also would need an assurance of a firm delivery schedule which is prioritised as to how much a recipient is prepared to pay.

I do believe Oceania  send it's food via  air   they also buy some produce locally

or maybe by  sea

Maybe that is why  some food  does not taste  good after being at sea for weeks getting to the ships 😉

13 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

A short notice Covid vaccine delivery for a Government or steaks for a cruise ship ...hmm ?

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think pre Covid the majority of air cargo was carried on passenger aircraft.

With those flights severely curtailed is why air cargo capacity is stretched.

Mail, and a very limited amount of small package freight, went via passenger flights. Most cargo goes on specially designed cargo flights.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2021 at 5:26 PM, cruiseaholic78 said:

Josie, please pop over and join our roll calls as there are two one for Tokyo- Singapore and one for Singapore-Dubai, like us you are in for the long haul!
Rosalyn

Hi Rosalyn

I've posted on Quintessential Far East. I didn't want to complicate things by posting on these two legs ! Do you think that I should? We have to change state rooms half way I think that my agent had to bookB2B 

Josie

Josie,

I am glad to hear you managed to get past the wait list, a shame you will have to change cabins but keep an eye open and there might be some cancelations.

There are two separate legs, at the moment you are only on the Singapore to Dubai roll call so you will miss out on the info for Tokyo to Singapore.

Rosalyn

• Like 1