Just Arrived - Important notice from Carnival

dbrucern

8 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

If you want a refund "for the time being", then you will not be able to get the $600 OBC rolled over.  You only get to keep the OBC if you move the booking.  It doesn't go into a "bank" to be used next time you book.

I looked around for a cabin/cruise we would want to book, put a hold on it, and then called in to get the bookings switched.  So making a new booking should be pretty easy for you, but no refund in the interim.

In other words, it is one or the other. As the old saying goes, "You cannot have your cake and eat it, too."

3 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

If you want a refund "for the time being", then you will not be able to get the $600 OBC rolled over.  You only get to keep the OBC if you move the booking.  It doesn't go into a "bank" to be used next time you book.

I looked around for a cabin/cruise we would want to book, put a hold on it, and then called in to get the bookings switched.  So making a new booking should be pretty easy for you, but no refund in the interim.

So I guess I don't understand under Option 2 from the email.  It says I can cancel by 31MAR21 but can retain the $600 OBC as long as I rebook by 30SEP21.  It seems as though they are giving a window to rebook and that it does not state that rebooking must be completed at the time of cancelation.  

Option 2:  If you are not comfortable waiting to see the options we might be able to arrange, you may cancel any time between now and March 31, 2021 and receive a full refund to your original form of payment.

• If you booked with an FCC, you will receive a refund for any amount paid above the FCC.  You will retain the FCC (and the accompanying OBC) as long as your next cruise is booked by September 30, 2021 for a sailing departing by April 30, 2023.  

1 hour ago, MIcruiseguy said:

Our October 2020 cruise was cancelled.  They offered us $600 OBC if we rebooked.  We rebooked for September 2021 (8 day) to the ABC's.  We received an email that stated we can wait it out and see what happens or we can rebook and roll over the $600 OBC as long as its booked by 30SEP21 and Sailed by 31APR23.  So... when you cancelled and rebooked, did you use the link they provided in the email?  I am just wondering if they email you information about the $600 OBC that is transferal to another booking as long as its booked by 30SEP21.  I am not sure I want to go ahead and rebook at this time, but I would like a refund for the time being.  Thank for you help.

Hi. I canceled and rebooked through my PVP who handled all it, very efficiently I must say. Even the refunded amount was credited back to our credit card within 2 weeks. Now fingers crossed November can happen!! Good Luck!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MIcruiseguy said:

So I guess I don't understand under Option 2 from the email.  It says I can cancel by 31MAR21 but can retain the $600 OBC as long as I rebook by 30SEP21.  It seems as though they are giving a window to rebook and that it does not state that rebooking must be completed at the time of cancelation.  

Option 2:  If you are not comfortable waiting to see the options we might be able to arrange, you may cancel any time between now and March 31, 2021 and receive a full refund to your original form of payment.

• If you booked with an FCC, you will receive a refund for any amount paid above the FCC.  You will retain the FCC (and the accompanying OBC) as long as your next cruise is booked by September 30, 2021 for a sailing departing by April 30, 2023.  

What they mean is if you cancel by 31 Mar 2021 but intend to re-book, you can, but you don't get money back in the meantime - they hold onto it until you re-book (before 30 Sept 2021).  If you don't rebook by then, they issue you a full refund.

Sorry, my initial response didn't make that clear.  I am always just eager to rebook, it didn't occur to me to think you'd want to sit on an open booking for six months!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

In other words, it is one or the other. As the old saying goes, "You cannot have your cake and eat it, too."

Your comment is really unnecessary.  If you can't add something positive to a thread, you should just keep scrolling.  ✌️

46 minutes ago, MIcruiseguy said:

Your comment is really unnecessary.  If you can't add something positive to a thread, you should just keep scrolling.  ✌️

If you do not like my posts, ignore me. I know that is what I shall do to your posts.

On 2/18/2021 at 5:40 PM, 80sGal said:

This is so true!    On our last cruise, we were scheduled to fly in to NOLA the day before so we would have an entire afternoon and evening on Bourbon Street.   The first and second leg were both delayed, and we ended up getting to the hotel straight from the airport around 1 a.m.    If we had been flying in on the day of the cruise, we would literally have missed the boat!   

We had also gone threw a lost luggage issue flying in the day before. Spent all day and 1/2 the night trying to track down DW luggage. Showed up at airport at 10 the next morning just in time for us to grab it and then get to ship. Most heck tick start of any cruise we have had.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2021 at 4:09 PM, chocolate melting cake said:

We're on that cruise also in a similar situation (our room is fully paid due to other cancelled cruises). We're driving in the night before and only need the flight from Tampa back to Baltimore. We are choosing hotels with free cancellation policies. We've written to Carnival and John Heald requesting that passengers board on Oct. 31, have a swinging Halloween party after dinner (as they normally do) but don't leave the dock until after midnight. At this point that would satisfy the CDC ruling of no cruises longer than 7 days until after Nov. 1! In any case, we'll wait and see about the cruise (I give it a 33% chance of sailing)-----if it does go we'll all receive a $100 OBC per cabin for sticking it out!

We ended up canceling, I hope the ship does sail & I wish we could be on it.  Should be a great cruise.  The uncertainty was too much for us to deal with right now.  Have a great cruise