Christmas Holiday Cruise - Allure of the Seas

Okay - Keeping my fingers crossed. I booked the holiday cruise on the Allure for 12/23/21. I have never been on a Christmas holiday cruise before. I have seen pictures of the decorations (which look beautiful). However, does the cruise line do any special "stuff" for Christmas Day? Thanks.

1 hour ago, BeagleAgility said:

Thank you.  One big difference (other than the Covid item) is the Christmas Day will be at sea for this year.

Everyday may be at sea..............no ports may want cruise passengers.

May be best to get 8 to 10 of your best friends and rent a private yacht for a week to 10 days.

Edited by Jimbo

We were on a Christmas sailing in 2019 and it was a blast!  I'm not sure how COVID will impact things though.  They gave out gifts to all kids 18 and under, photo with Santa, hot chocolate & free drinks.  They had holiday sing-a-longs, special trivia, movies, etc. Pretty much every activity had some sort of holiday theme.  I didn't get the memo that everyone goes to the main dining room breakfast in matching Christmas pjs!  There is a special meal for Christmas Day dinner.  If you want to eat at a specialty restaurant, there was an extra charge and the only real difference was a mini bottle of champagne.  We were in Nassau on Christmas day, but we decided to just stay on the ship.  It was a great decision because it was empty on board and every excursion was pricey.  We hope to be on the sailing right before yours this year!