Possibility of a cruise

Solitarycruiser

On 3/19/2021 at 11:18 PM, Stumblefoot said:

Here is a live link to the volcano currently erupting on the same peninsula as the Blue Lagoon of Iceland

Icelanders have labelled this (safe) eruption as a tourist volcano.

So much vulcanic activity world wide at the moment. Never seen an eruption and is certainly a bucket list item.

Would love to be there now. Iceland is one of my fav places to visit.... Though not so keen on the rotten egg showers! lol

On 3/19/2021 at 10:12 AM, spinnaker2 said:

Looking seriously at iceland.

Fingers crossed!!

I'm beginning to wonder if Canada's ban and the continuing CDC refusal to even think about cruising before November means that if the Whisper somehow does go ahead with her Icelandic itineraries this summer, she'll then have little choice in the Fall but to cruise directly down to Bermuda then onwards to the Caribbean and Barbados. Where else can she go except back to Europe?

(Unfortunately, that's peak hurricane season so maybe SS will have to rethink the whole Icelandic idea.)

But, if I could find a way to fly to Iceland (which I think is possible, I am fully vaccinated), I'd be on that cruise in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jollyjones said:

I'm beginning to wonder if Canada's ban and the continuing CDC refusal to even think about cruising before November means that if the Whisper somehow does go ahead with her Icelandic itineraries this summer, she'll then have little choice in the Fall but to cruise directly down to Bermuda then onwards to the Caribbean and Barbados. Where else can she go except back to Europe?

(Unfortunately, that's peak hurricane season so maybe SS will have to rethink the whole Icelandic idea.)

But, if I could find a way to fly to Iceland (which I think is possible, I am fully vaccinated), I'd be on that cruise in a heartbeat.

Sadly we couldn't make air work for the july cruise.

Some conditions placed that we could not abide.

Jolly I hope we can cruise soon!